Chapter 129

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 129. Being Appa and Umma

 

 

“I think we should go downstairs and help…” Seohyun murmured while lazily running her finger tips on his hair as he laid his head on her lap.

 

“Na…” he said with a sigh, eyes still closed, “I like it here. Let’s stay a little longer.”

 

Seohyun frowned but he was right, Mrs. Choi was insistent that she didn’t need more help for their lunch. She has her niece living with her now and Euna’s presence was not a bother at all. The little promise he made just a few minutes ago surprisingly appeased the worries still lingering at the back of her mind.

 

“Are we getting married now?” Yonghwa asked in her silence.

 

She clicked her tongue because she knew that he was teasing again— half-teasing, for that matter. “You know, you should try to be a little romantic with your marriage proposals,” Seohyun replied coolly and giggled when he opened one eye.

 

He chuckled closing his eyes once more, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

Considering his past actions, Seohyun knew that he wasn’t really that much into ‘romance’. But yeah, a girl can dream, although she sounded a bit of desperate. “Forget what I said,” she said with a sigh, yielding to who he really was and she shouldn’t expect too much.

 

“What?” Yonghwa looked at her and sat up when she just shook her head smiling.

 

She could tell that he was ready for another joke so she decided to beat him to it, “I told you already, the next time you ask me, you’d know the answer— romance or not.”

 

He laughed stretching his arms behind him and looking up at the sky. Yonghwa turned to her with a gentle smile this time, “I love you and it still matters that I give you everything that you deserve.”

 

“Well then, I only worry about the parents now. I don’t really need the grand gesture—”

 

“But we need to get you a sparkly ring,” he said chuckling, “Just to make sure it’s clear with all the single guys you interact with at work.

 

She giggled looking at him, “But we already have a living statement for that.”

 

“Uh-huh,” he nodded once and took a heavy exhale before speaking, “Uhm, sorry for not being too romantic…”

 

“Aigoo…” she gave his leg a small tap, “Now, if you think of doing a romantic proposal, it would only make me feel guilty. So, please… no… don’t do anything because we will surely end up there anyway.”

 

Yonghwa straightened wrapping his arm around her, “I guess we need to meet in the middle on this, because you’d never know if I have something planned or not.”

 

She narrowed her eyes on him, “You do?”

 

“And if I did, that means you just ruined it?” He chuckled again when she pinched him on the arm, “Arraso…”

 

Seohyun stared at him for a second, she was feeling tingly all of a sudden when she decided to tell him her thoughts, “I will marry you in a heartbeat, with or without that sparkly ring, but I could only wish that our parents could all be there…”

 

“I know,” he kissed her temple and sighed, “I want that too, babe...”

 

They lingered out there for a while until Mrs. Choi called them to help take the dishes up to the rooftop where the sky was clear and the air was much cooler. Euna yelped the moment she saw them enter the house. “Did you play?” Seohyun asked taking her baby from her former landlady’s arms.

 

“She is such a lively puppy!” Neena, Mrs. Choi’s niece exclaimed.

 

“She is,” Yonghwa replied walking to the table, “Oh, wow, this is such a spread…”

 

“Of course! My favorite tenant came to visit,” the older woman grinned.

 

“Former,” he corrected and winked at Seohyun who clicked her tongue at him.

 

Ajumma laughed, “I’m glad that you two are getting along well— more than well, I must say.”

 

“We are, don’t we, Seohyun-ssi?” He elbowed her smirking but Seohyun just ignored him and walked to her.

 

“Thank you for this, despite the short notice,” she smiled at her and saw Yonghwa nodding to them in agreement. Passing him a knowing look, Seohyun smiled when he read her mind and walked away giving them the privacy they needed.

 

“I made the right choice,” Mrs. Choi gave her a warm smile.

 

Seohyun nodded, “You said you have a good eye on things like this.”

 

“I have,” she laughed softly, “And I am so happy for you, especially for your little one. You see? Everyone that comes into our lives in a special way give us more meaning.”

 

She smiled and nodded. Seohyun was longing to tell her that Yonghwa was more than special— that he was the reason why she had Euna in the first place. But they made a pact that they will no longer tell the truth to anyone else because it would only complicate things. “We want to get married,” she sighed, “But we are having trouble with our parents.”

 

“Oh, that’s a tricky one,” Mrs. Choi then clicked her tongue shaking her head but she smiled, “They will come around. You know, sometimes, we think we know what’s best for our children but in the end you all make your own path and follow what you think is best for you.”

 

She couldn’t help but grin playfully at her, “That’s very vague. Can you tell me something more specific that we should do?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter