Chapter 96

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 96. Anxiety

 

Before the day ended, Yonghwa managed to move some of the furniture from the master bedroom and Seohyun was right there to help lay the mats on the floor. And of course, Euna was crawling around just in case her parents would need her. In no time though, the little girl learned that ripping off the mats were more fun. “Aigoo,” Seohyun sighed scooping up the baby, “At this rate, we won’t be able to finish.”

 

“She’s sabotaging your plans,” he replied with a chuckle, “Get her ready for bed. I’ll finish this.”

 

“Oppa, you’ve been doing a lot today,” she muttered shaking her head but she couldn’t do anything more to help since Euna started fussing.

 

“That’s why I got the day off, to finish some house works,” he stood and pecked a kiss on top of Euna’s head and another on the mother’s temple.

 

Seohyun only sighed again, “I can cancel tomorrow with Yuri Unnie. This little one can be a handful and I’m sure you won’t just sit still.”

 

“What are you saying?” Yonghwa laughed softly but when she clicked her tongue at him, he rubbed a thumb on her cheek, “Fine, and don’t worry this room is done tonight and the gazebo can wait. Besides, it’s been a while since you went out with Yuri.”

 

She looked at him for a moment silently biting her tongue instead of snapping at him that he seemed to be getting rid of her. Instead, Seohyun nodded as she tucked her baby on her waist, “Alright, Oppa, but if this feisty one gives you a hard time—“

 

“I’ll call you,” he nodded as he seriously gave her his assurance then pushed her gently into the adjacent room.

 

Seohyun reluctantly agreed and by the time she got the baby in her pajamas, Yonghwa had set up their new ‘sleeping arrangement’. She laughed when he gestured towards their makeshift bed where she would be sandwiched between the two of them.

 

“Do you approve?” He asked as she put Euna on her little corner but she flipped on her stomach and crawled to where he was. Yonghwa laughed when the baby lounged herself on his lap.

 

“It seems that one of us doesn’t approve,” she giggled when Euna yawned and scratched her head. Sitting beside him, she handed him her milk bottle which Euna grabbed instead, “See what I’m talking about? Feisty.”

 

“Like her Umma,” Yonghwa chuckled wrapping an arm around her shoulder and laughed louder when she rolled her eyes at him, “By the way, Aunt Hyeonji called.”

 

“Oh? She’s back in Seoul?” She faced him abruptly, “What did she say?”

 

“She might drop by tomorrow,” he replied while soothing the top of Euna’s head urging her to sleep.

 

Seohyun sighed, “I really must stay then…”

 

“No, no…” he patted her by the shoulder, “You need this time too before we go to Busan. Besides, Gomo isn’t even sure if she could.”

 

“Why do I feel like you’re pushing me to go?” She scoffed and lightly hit him by the arm when he chuckled. Somehow, she understood that she had been adamant in leaving Euna with him and it wasn’t because she didn’t trust him but she was worried that this time he would fail again.

 

And it would only upset him.

 

But Seohyun sighed when his silence stretched and he didn’t even try to talk her into it some more. Nodding, she shifted to face him, “I’m sorry if I sound hesitant. Honestly,” she shut her eyes absentmindedly rubbing hand on her arm, “I’m only wanting an excuse not to meet Unnie.”

 

“Why is that?” His frown deepened, “Is this something to do with your parents?”

 

And there it was. Seohyun realized that he was starting to get bothered by the outside forces that still have their influence in them— apparently. She shook her head because she didn’t want him to worry too much but she didn’t want to lie either, “I feel like she has something to say about Oppa. I’m just worried he’s really more upset than I expect him to be.”

 

“Why delay the inevitable then?” Yonghwa cautiously took her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, “At least hear her out— hear what your brother has to say.”

 

She sighed closing her eyes for a second then gave him a nervous smile, “You’re right.”

 

As far as she knew, the Seoul headquarters was underway and that was the reason why her oppa had been in and out of the country. She suspects that he enlisted the help of Yuri to get her to do something for him— for their parents. Then she felt this light brush of a kiss on her shoulder and she couldn’t help but smile realizing that this was his way of telling her that whatever it was, they would be okay.

 

~~~~

 

He was jerked awake by the rustling of sheets and the loud cries on his right so he shifted opening his eyes just as Euna noticed him. Her face was scrunched angry and sad most probably because her milk bottle was still not in her hands. Yonghwa chuckled when she stopped abruptly but she was still pouting as she started to mumble as if explaining herself. “Aigoo… come here,” he scooped her up kissing her cheek.

 

“It’s coming, Euna…”

 

Seohyun grumbled from the nursery as he carefully sat and put her on his lap. Turning the baby to him, he cooed, “Did you hear that?” The baby only brushed her little fist on her face and started crying a little bit louder in frustration. He frowned and called over the other room, “She must be in pain.”

 

To his, and definitely, Euna’s, relief, Seohyun marched in shaking the milk bottle and muttering, “No, she isn’t. It took me awhile since I had to get a new can of milk downstairs so she’s so upset.” Handing him the bottle, Euna immediately stopped crying and latched on her food the second he offered it to her, “See that? That’s the beginning of her bad mood.”

 

He shook his head realizing that she was starting to get agitated and he knew it was not about Euna’s impatience but the impending meeting with Yuri. The baby was still whimpering and there were beads of tears on the sides of her eyes. He leaned and kissed her forehead and to his surprise, Euna’s lips turned down and she started mumbling as if telling him her woes. His heart ached for her, she must be confused as to why she was upset herself. Softly, he whispered, “Shh… it’s okay. Appa’s here.”

 

He sighed when Euna took a deep breath and closed her eyes sleepily. But Seohyun looked even more stressed as she paced around the room picking up toys and hand towels. He cleared his throat while he gently ran a hand on the baby’s forehead as she drifted back to sleep, “When are you meeting Yuri?”

 

“At lunch,” she replied with a huff then mumbled almost in a whisper, “I just want this to be over.”

 

“Ugh, don’t say that,” he muttered, “She’ll know you’re upset with the meeting and she won’t feel good about it.”

 

“I know,” she grumbled back and as if she realized something, Seohyun continued in a more lowered voice, “Anyway, what’s your plan?”

 

It was an abrupt question and he just decided to say something that would probably make her less anxious about leaving Euna to him. “Well,” he took a deep breath fixing his thoughts, “I’ll drive to the city and if she continues to be grumpy I’ll bring her to my parents’.”

 

Seohyun nodded thoughtfully for a moment, “How about an hour or so at the baby spa? Maybe it would be good for her to play with the other babies there.”

 

He grinned, “Yeah, that would be good. If you want we can go together. I’ll just drop you off and pick you up when you’re ready?”

 

Finally, a smile curved on her lips as she nodded, “That would be good.”

 

“Then we can ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter