Chapter 44

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

44. A Hundred Days With You

 

Another week had passed and his days spent in the house seemed too short that every weekend he made it a point to spend as much time with them around. Much to Seohyun’s displeasure, he bought another playpen which he would move around wherever he would be in the house. And wherever Euna would be, her umma had no choice but to be there too. Like when he needed to work at his home office, he would coax Seohyun to also do her work in the room with the baby playing or napping close to them.

 

And this time, they were in the gym working out since it had been raining all morning. Yonghwa sat up feeling the muscles in his arms tighten. Massaging one arm gently, he looked over his shoulder where Euna had been napping to see her wide awake. He smiled noticing that she didn’t cry and was now entertaining herself by chewing on the pacifier in her hand. It reminded him of something he had been meaning to tell Seohyun.

 

Grabbing his bottled water, he started, “So, I was thinking,” Yonghwa spoke then took a quick swallow of water, “What if we have a small party for Euna’s 100th day?”

 

“Haven’t we talked about that already?” Seohyun decreased the speed of the machine and looked over her shoulder, “We agreed it’s only going to be the three of us, right?”

 

“Right,” he moved to the running machine and rested his back on the wall to face her, “But some of the people in the office were upset that I didn’t tell them about Euna right away. They wanted to, like, properly congratulate us for her birth.”

 

Seohyun sighed. Yonghwa obviously had this soft spot for the people who works in their firm. And what could she do about that? She was supposed to play a supportive partner, wasn’t she? She nodded but raised a finger, “But it shouldn’t be grand.”

 

“Yup, just a sort of picnic at the garden…” he grinned happy that she was agreeing to this.

 

“At the garden?” She stopped the treadmill when Euna started crying on the play mat they set up for her while they both workout.

 

“What? You think we’ll have it at the office?” Yonghwa chuckled watching her pick up the baby and swaying her gently.

 

“I was probably thinking exactly that. Was that funny?” She found herself grinning. When Yonghwa only laughed, she added, “Then we should invite your family.”

 

“Uh-huh,” he nodded, “And your Yuri unnie.”

 

“I like that,” she patted Euna’s bottom but she was still grumbling so she picked up the empty bottle from the mat as she spoke, “Maybe I’ll ask if halmeoni can come too. It will be fun.”

 

“Now you’re getting the point,” he chuckled swatting her behind with the towel he was holding.

 

“Aw! Don’ do that!” Seohyun glared at him before walking.

 

“Arasso…” he nodded and watched her leave the room with Euna. He just loved seeing her on those tight-fitting leggings she would wear on their weekend morning exercise.

 

After finishing his work-out, he decided to hit the shower ignoring the baby that was quietly playing on the bed while the sound of the hair blower roared quietly in the background. When he reached the walk-in closet connected to the bath, Seohyun just unplugged the blower and kept it in the drawer. By the looks of it, she seemed to have just finished her own shower. He grinned when she looked at his reflection on the mirror.

 

Moving behind her, Yonghwa gently tugged the strings hanging on the sides of her dress and quietly tied them behind her back. She smiled when he looked back at her and mouthed a thank-you. Instead and walking away though, he slipped his arms on her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder grinning at their reflections. As expected, Seohyun wriggled.

 

“Excuse me?” She muttered under her breath, “What do you think you’re doing?”

 

Yonghwa chuckled and kissed her shoulder. She shuddered, he smirked and whispered, “Euna’s mom smells really nice.”

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes and wriggled once more, “And you smell sweaty. Go take a shower…”

 

“Then I can hug you all I want?” His brow lifted waiting for her answer but she only grunted so he laughed and let her go. “Arasso, Seohyun-ssi…”

 

After a few minutes he emerged and laughed when she commented how fast he was. “Don’t worry, babe, when I get in there with you, I will take all the time I need.”

 

“Is that so?” Seohyun said after a big laugh. After putting on some moisturizer, she started brushing her hair, “I think I should get my hair cut.”

 

“Now why would you do something like that?” He turned to her just as he was about to put a shirt on.

 

She grinned looking at his reflection behind hers, “Someone likes my long hair.” When she noticed his smirk, she focused on herself and asked, “Don’t you want to see me with a short hair?”

 

He chuckled, “I like your hair just fine but if you want to have it cut it’s all up to you.”

 

“But you don’t like it?”

 

“Would my opinion matter?”

 

“You don’t think I’d look good with a short hair?” She spoke a little louder when he went to the bedroom and disappeared from her sight. Then she sighed looking at herself as she mumbled softly, “I did look good in one.”

 

Yonghwa walked back in the room and took the wet towel he discarded on the ottoman, “All I’m saying is that do whatever you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter