Chapter 114

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 114. Distance

 

“Tell you what, there’s another empty one above mine. I’ll take care of the paper works and get it ready so you can move in as soon as you want.”

 

“That would be great, Oppa. Thank you…” she smiled tucking her hair behind her ear not really feeling comfortable with asking too much but she had to, “And there’s another favor I need to ask.”

 

“Say it…” he smiled.

 

It came to mind right after she stepped out of his house. There was no doubt that Yonghwa had been providing for her and Euna and she didn’t really have to worry about money. However, this time, even her savings wouldn’t be enough to keep up with the baby’s needs. “I need a job,” she put it softly but frowned when her brother just laughed, “Stop it, Oppa. I’m serious.”

 

“I’m sorry…” Joowon raised both hands up in the air, “It’s just you were sure that you won’t work for the firm.”

 

“I didn’t say that,” she mumbled again.

 

“You mean Yonghwa didn’t want you to,” he retorted.

 

“It isn’t that either,” she lied but she answered with the best reason in mind, “Euna is still a baby and I would worry when she isn’t around me constantly. Only this time, I have to earn for her— for us.”

 

He took a deep breath and nodded but argued instead, “If that’s what you’re thinking, I can always provide for you two—”

 

Seohyun shook her head with a grateful smile, “I know you would easily do that but you don’t have to. I can work, besides, I really want to do this for Euna. To prove that I can be independent enough to support her.”

 

“But she’s still a baby like you said,” he argued again, “Give it a few months before you hop in the firm.”

 

“Maybe you can meet in the middle,” Yuri finally interjected knowing how important this was for her friend, “She can work a few days a week, or half a day.”

 

“That can work out as well,” he nodded, “We are still building the team and it would be great if I have someone I trust at the administrative end.”

 

“I can work as a legal aide, Oppa,” Seohyun argued realizing that her brother will give her something light.

 

“I don’t doubt that, especially your abilities but that position is a lot demanding of time. You can always work your way up from what I will give you,” he countered then asked when his sister nodded in defeat, “How about Euna? We have daycares at our other firms and we will do the same here but it’s still early for that right now.”

 

“I can ask Mrs. Kim to come and look after her, she doesn’t really need to work in the lake house every day.”

 

“What do you think Yonghwa would say to that?”

 

“He’ll approve, I’m sure.”

 

Joowon nodded, “Okay, call her and make the arrangements so you can start working as soon as you’re ready.”

 

“Are you sure don’t want to meet him?” Yuri asked fiddling with her phone.

 

She shook her head after a big sigh, “I’m sure…”

 

“So it’s just us then,” she muttered when Seohyun only nodded.

 

“Don’t tell him we’re coming instead of her,” Joowon snickered, “I want to see his reaction.”

 

“You’re evil…” Yuri elbowed him lightly.

 

“I just want to see if he would be disappointed not seeing the woman he loves.”

 

The younger woman clicked her tongue and shook her head, “That still remains to be proven.”

 

Joowon nodded, “We’ll see then.”

 

“Oh, you’d be able to tell?” Yuri smirked.

 

“I lived it…” he smiled at her tenderly.

 

All Seohyun could do was to roll her eyes and grumble watching the two, “Guys, tone down the romance, you’re making me even more anguished.”

 

~~~~

 

Yonghwa was anxiously waiting for her outside the kids’ café Yuri indicated on her reply two days ago. There was no denying the fact that he was ecstatic that Seohyun agreed and, by the location, he knew that his little girl would be with her as well. He couldn’t sleep from that night that he found them gone, couldn’t even stand being in the house now. It felt so empty, cold and dark— the worst thing was the silence.

 

He was beginning to think he’d go crazy in a few days.

 

He was still intent on making her come home and hopefully, he’d manage to do that but he knew that the presence of her brother back in her life would make it a lot difficult— especially since it was obvious that Joowon wasn’t really fond of him. Yonghwa was setting aside his pride, even his loyalty to his parents, just so she would come back to him and put his life back to normal. There was this belief that she would succumb to what he wanted because he knew deep inside that Seohyun wanted to be with him as well.

 

A knot in his stomach formed when he caught sight of a couple walking towards him and a realization rushed through him.

 

Seohyun was not coming.

 

But then again, his little ray of light came from his sunshine already screaming to get to him quicker. Yonghwa couldn’t help but smile as he met them half-way since Euna was starting to cry. The woman carrying her moved a little faster but the man lagged behind her and stopped just a few meters from them. He knew that Joowon didn’t want to talk to him as well and it was fine for him so h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter