Chapter 30

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 30. Three

 

“How’s the club tonight?”

 

Yonghwa laughed that it startled Euna her body jerked until Seohyun placed a hand on her chest soothing her. With a chuckle, he replied casually, “Lots of cute girls.”

 

“I bet you had fun,” she grinned back realizing that his hearty laugh was an indication that he didn’t really go to any club. And she felt guilty that she was feeling relieved over that thought because she didn’t really have the reason to be worried, angry or whatever. They fell into this easy conversation on how they spent the day and she mostly told him Euna’s little milestones.

 

“By the way, your parents came here this afternoon.”

 

“Yeah, mom called me… so the party’s up?” Yonghwa sat up and started ing his light blue dress shirt.

 

“Uh-huh, for Euna’s first month birthday.” Seohyun dropped her gaze on their droopy-eyed baby because it was the safest corner to focus on since he started taking off his shirt. She slowly gathered her baby in her arms to put her to sleep then addressed him while he stood and walked into the master bath, “She said she’ll take care of the catering and asked me if she could invite some of her friends.”

 

“She did, really?” He laughed calling out from his walk-in closet adjacent to the bath.

 

“Yeah, your appa too, he wanted to show Euna off…” It took only a few minutes for her to sway until Euna closed her eyes but was open in a small O she couldn’t wait for Yonghwa to go out and see her that way.

 

He groaned appearing on the doorway, “I’m sorry. I know you only wanted close family.”

 

“No, it’s okay… as long as there’s no press.” She laughed when he frowned, “Abeoji wanted to invite this society writer he knows.”

 

“What did you say?” Walking closer to her, he dropped a kiss on Euna’s forehead then sat on the bed waiting for her answer.

 

She shrugged and replied, “I asked— begged not to.”

 

“Did they ask why?”

 

She shook her head, “I only said I didn’t want the attention since… you know, we’re not married.”

 

He sighed watching her leave the room to put Euna in her crib. A few minutes passed but she was still inside so he decided to make himself useful by taking the baby gym from the bed and putting it on the floor. There was a weird feeling on that mundane task, fixing the bed where she was supposed to sleep in— fixing his bed as if he would join her in there.

 

Yonghwa closed his eyes, dropped his head on his hands and sighed.

 

“Are you okay?” Seohyun asked when she reappeared in the room to see him sitting at the edge of the bed looking conflicted like that.

 

He nodded and massaged his nape with a smile, “I’m sorry though.”


“What for?” For not marrying me? Fortunately, she stopped herself from making that joke and he just shrugged because they both knew why. But she had her own apology to make, “I should be the one apologizing though. There will be people other than your family here in your house. Maybe we can hold it in theirs if—”

 

“No, it’s fine… I mean, you were right about flaunting this house. It’s a good marketing strategy for the firm. My parents’ friends could put in a good word out there.”

 

She smirked, “You’re welcome, by the way.”

 

He laughed then stood, “Had dinner?”

 

“Yeah, I think I may have eaten most of the side dishes your mom brought.”

 

“That’s okay, I hardly eat here but she keeps bringing food. I’ll have coffee though…”

 

She frowned at him, “Making coffee this late?”

 

“We have a meeting tomorrow. Have to finish some stuff I brought from the office.” Yonghwa grabbed his phone on the nightstand and turned to her, “Wanna keep me company for a while?”

 

Seohyun nodded and offered, “Why don’t I make that coffee and I’ll join you at the study…”

 

Yonghwa tapped her on the shoulder and grinned, “That’s a good idea. You’re a good woman, I feel lucky.”

 

“You should be…” she winked and walked away.

 

Damn. Maybe this wasn’t really a good idea. It was like umma seducing appa while the baby sleeps. Yonghwa winced and decided to drown himself in work while she hang around.

 

Not a good idea.

 

And he was right.

 

After a few while, Seohyun walked in with a cup of coffee for him and tea for her. She perched herself on the armchair facing the lake where he would usually sit whenever he needed to clear his mind— just staring at the vastness in front of him. And Seohyun, instead of facing the lake, she sat sideways her back leaning on one arm rest and legs tucked underneath her body.

 

He could feel her gaze as he laid the plan he needed to check on his drafting table. His body seemed to be more than hyperaware of her presence. Even that tiny movement she made as she lifted her cup and sipped her tea in silence. It was hurting his body parts. He turned away and acting as if he was getting some things but in truth he was just trying to cool himself down.

 

He needed that—to cool down.

 

In hindsight, he should have gotten whiskey instead.

 

He took a deep breath and tried to fight the urge but the moment his eyes fell on her, he regretted it. Seohyun now dropped her legs on the other side of the armchair giving him a good view of her legs, calves, bare feet and those dainty toes. And the way she looked— languid eyes, that small smile playing on her lips as she sipped her tea.

 

Damn.

 

His eyes fell on his drafting table which only given him this wild illusion of her on top of it and splayed before hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter