Chapter 34

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 34. Surprises

 

Out of habit, Seohyun would take her morning shower after Euna’s bath when she would be napping at the kitchen while Mrs. Kim prepare their food for the whole day. She found herself humming along the song that was playing on the loudspeaker in the master bath she connected to her phone. The sound of the hair dryer and the other noises around her were a welcome distraction from the silence.

 

This spacious house could sometimes have this depressing silence that she somehow missed the bustling noise of the city. But then again, she still loved this place more than anywhere else— weird that she’d even prefer this to her own house in Tokyo any time. After taking care of her hair, she strode out of the bathroom securing the towel tightly on her chest until she screamed the moment her eyes landed on the body that was sprawled on the bed.

 

Yonghwa’s gaze flew towards her with that proud grin pasted on his lips.

 

“Get out!” Seohyun yelled absurdly while holding on to the towel.

 

Without removing that smirk off his face, he raised his brow at her as he sat up, “Rude much? You’re not even .” His chuckle ended right there as his eyes roamed all over her then stopped directly on her chest, “But then again… you are …”

 

Seohyun could only roll her eyes despite the heat that rushed all over her body. She knew her skin was flushed red like his gaze was lighting her in flames. She swallowed hard and tried to maintain her indifference by groaning, “Oh god, you are such a man…”

 

“I am, aren’t I?” He said as his eyes lowered down, down, down.

 

“Seriously, you have to get out…” Seohyun scowled, her fist tightening on the towel but her body was tingling as if his stare was her.

 

Yonghwa finally stood and crossed his arms on his chest then spoke smoothly, “Say it nicely, Seohyun-ssi…”

 

The burning sensation by the way his voice caressed her and especially those eyes surveying her like she was really made her want to disappear. She scolded herself for not accepting the empty closet he offered for her instead keeping her clothes in Euna’s room. She took a deep breath and spoke through gritted teeth, “Can you please go out so I can put on some clothes?”

 

Instead of doing what she asked, Yonghwa took a step towards her. Seohyun automatically moved away until her back fell on the wall. Her breathing hitched inside her, too nervous of what he was going to do. “W-what are you doing?” She mumbled uneasily until Yonghwa chuckled shaking his head.

 

“So, was asking nicely that hard?”

 

“Seriously…” she grumbled and watched him walk out of the room smirking like a fool. She breathed heavily and realized how tensed she was that her hands were white from gripping the towel. Locking the door, she reminded herself to move her clothes on the empty closet he reserved for her.

 

~~~

 

After going out of the room, Yonghwa took a few more minutes in the guest room to settle his own discomfort from seeing her that way. Certainly, that image of her would be staying with him for a long, long time— adding up to his obvious ual frustrations.

 

All the he should be getting, but he wasn’t because he decided to be unnecessarily faithful to this quasi-relationship. The day would come though that he wouldn’t be able to control himself. Hopefully, she would be in the same boat with him.

 

When Yonghwa came into the master bedroom to look for her, he heard her in the bath so he laid himself on the bed while waiting for her. She was humming and singing along the music playing in the background and he smiled noting that she was in a good mood. He did think of teasing her but when she came out with nothing but that white towel wrapped around her body, he lost the tease he prepared.

 

But then again, the situation presented him a better one.

 

Although he was stoked at seeing her almost that way, he took the chance to so he would see her that way a little bit longer. Just as she said, he knew he was being that but he was not sorry at all. The grin was pasted on his face even when he finally went to the kitchen. Mrs. Kim was there playing with Euna and when she saw him, she excused herself and asked if he could watch the baby for a moment to make a call to her husband.

 

His little darling gave him a big smile that she even squealed when he took her from her carrier, “You know, I got the same reaction from your mother.” He laughed when Euna slammed her little first on his nose, “Okay, okay… she was not very happy to see me unlike you.”

 

Yonghwa kissed her nose and Euna giggled, “You are so happy to see your appa?” He tucked her on his side and poured himself a cup of coffee. Just as he was carrying his cup to the breakfast nook, Seohyun walked in wearing a white dress with little flowers on it.

 

He grinned at her but she scowled.

 

“You know that too much coffee is bad for you, right?” Seohyun offered as she walked in the kitchen and checked the dishes in the containers getting ready to be stocked in the fridge.

 

“It is?” His face appalled, Yonghwa looked from the cup to her and laughed when she rolled her eyes. Just for emphasis, he lifted his coffee and took a small sip then gave out an exaggerated ‘hmmm’.

 

Seohyun sighed and decided to ignore his teasing, “Why are you home in the middle of the day?”

 

“I miss you, that’s why…” he smiled and kissed Euna’s cheek.

 

“Is that right?” Seohyun grumbled, “You’re bored and you came here only to torment me.”

 

“And it’s the best decision I made today,” he grinned, his eyes wandered all over her once more.

 

“Stop it!” She cried out when he stood and walked towards her.

 

“Arasso,” Yonghwa chuckled and handed her the baby, “Get ready, I’m taking you both outside.”

 

Seohyun looked at him for a moment waiting for him to give more details but he only shrugged so she asked, “Where are you taking us?”

 

“Just…” Yonghwa shrugged again, “We’re meeting someone.”

 

“Who?” She studied that nonchalance and she had a feeling that he was still teasing her. The moment he returned from his business trip, he had been teasing her endlessly so Seohyun could not help but be wary.

 

Yonghwa answered that cautious look she was wearing with a serious expression, “Stop asking. It’s a surprise.”

 

“I don’t like surprises,” she mumbled almost to herself as she tucked Euna in her arms.

 

He grinned at her and gave her shoulder a small pat, “I promise you’ll love this surprise.”

 

Thankfully for him, Seohyun did not argue anymore but took Euna upstairs. He remained at the kitchen when Mrs. Kim reappeared so he told her she could go home since they were also going out. After a few moments, he went to the living room just in time to see Seohyun walking down the stairs balancing Euna and the baby bag in her hands.

 

Walking to her, he took the bag and gave her another encouraging smile, “I’m sorry for teasing you…”

 

“You should be,” she muttered and he laughed.

 

“That’s why I’m making it up to you,” he elbowed her playfully as they walked to the bridge.

 

Seohyun took a big breath controlling her temper then replied softly, “This better be good…”

 

He decided it was better to give her the last word this time because he could sense that she was starting to get irritated by his teasing. Their ride to the city proved that Seohyun didn’t take his jokes seriously since their conversation bordered to normal. Although she was subtly poking for so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter