Love's Conception 7

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Love's Conception: 7

 

When the first thread of light hit her eyes, she winced. Although the room was still dark, she could feel that the sun would be invading it soon so she needed to move. And moving was a hard feat. Her head was pounding, was parched. There was this humming inside her ears and she couldn’t almost feel her body, boneless and weightless. Slowly, she willed her arms to move. And thankfully they did. At least she hadn’t gone crippled by what happened last night.

 

She winced.

 

The warmth on her leg made her shiver when she realized that she didn’t dream it.

 

Oh, god.

 

As carefully as she could, she extracted her leg that was somehow entwined with that of the man. Her head shifted towards him and she released a deep exhale when his face was buried deep on his pillow. Thankfully, she managed to sense that he was breathing.

 

At least he was not dead.

 

And why would she even think he was dead?

 

She grumbled to herself and slipped off the bed. When she hit the floor, she shivered from the cold but she couldn’t just drag the sheets afraid that he might be awaken. She shivered again not from the cold by what happened last night.

 

What probably happened.

 

It hit her. Last night was vague and only snippets clouded her memory. Even trying to think hurt.

 

She could try to retrace her steps last night but what she needed to do right away was to leave this hotel room before he woke up. Her heart drummed in her chest as she closed the door of the bath as silently as she could. She stepped into the shower and attempted the fastest shower she could do. She didn’t want to go out looking like a—

 

She shut her eyes tight for a moment dismissing her useless musings. After drying her body, she realized that she couldn’t remember what happened to her underwear and her dress was too short and too bright to be worn early in the morning. After all the orchestration she had yesterday, she didn’t realize the day-after situation. Saying a silent prayer or apology and gratitude to the stranger who unknowingly helped her, she rummaged his dresser and found a gray coat. She took a deep sigh of relief since she could still wear her dress and her heels without looking so out of place.

 

When she went out of the room, she managed to find her stilettoes and dangled them in her hand. A small movement made her stop on her tracks. Slowly, she craned her neck towards the bed and noticed that the man moved. Her heart was already pounding but it only heightened. Thankfully, he shifted but his face was turned towards the opposite direction. Seohyun also managed to look at him, his ruffled hair, the muscled back moving as he breathed. She bit her lip.

 

If he woke up before her, it would have been a disaster.

 

Last night was—

 

She couldn’t put a word to it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter