Chapter 2

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2. Not An Ordinary Day

 

The sound of their laughter and constant tinkering of the silverware warned him of how late he was as he made his way into the dining room. There was a moment of silence when he appeared by the door and thankfully, little Jong Wu broke it as he ran to him and ushered him to his seat.

 

Everybody was on their designated places as he took his and ruffled the little boy’s hair before motioning him to go back to his seat. From his three nephews, Jong Wu is the closest to him since he was the first baby from his eldest brother's marriage.

 

“Wouldn't it better for men to have the innocence of a boy once in a while to know their obligations?” The voice of their father shushed the remaining sound inside the room.

 

“Yeobo, we're in front of the food, can we discuss it later?” His mother whispered from beside him.

 

“Well then...” the Jung Sung Gwang wiped his mouth with the table napkin and rose from his seat, “Yonghwa, see me in my office.”

 

“Yeobo--”

 

Eyes wandered everywhere— some of them were looking at the head of the family, the other on the mother, most to him and the rest resigned to the sight of their plates.

 

Yonghwa was about to open his mouth in protest but Jungmo patted his back and signaled for him to just follow their father to avoid things to worsen. He stood with all care but he could not stop the screeching of the chair so he just pretended not to care and walked behind the towering man in front of him. The familiar sound of the pushed chair suggested that others stood from their seat and were tailing behind them too and he guessed it right.

 

Soon there were five people inside the library which was famously known as his father's office. Eun Suk stood behind her husband and looked worriedly at her son who was making things worse by looking so relaxed. She put a hand on the older man's shoulder only for it to be brushed aside that she saw the alarmed look on Yonghwa's face so she just smiled weakly at him as an assurance that she would be there whatever happens.

 

“I never said anything about your woman escapade...” he started calmly but the real storm was on its way, “but now I have to break my silence. Of all the woman in Korea why should it be Dong Je-ssi's daughter? You know that our law firm holds their corporate legal account why do you have to pick on his only daughter?!”

 

“But Appa, she knew that it was nothing serious in the first place but—“

 

“Shut up! I'm not done talking and I don't want to hear your childish reasons! How can I ever trust the money I have invested on that— on that company of yours when you can't even be man enough to handle your problems with women! You—”

 

“Stop this now...” Hyeon Ji finally stood when she noticed the redness of her brother's face and she knew that it was the sign to make him stop or else, “I will talk to Yonghwa about this...”

 

“Nuna, I'm not yet done talking to my son—”

 

“Yeobo, please... your health.”

“Yes, Appa, you better take a rest now,” Jungmo could not keep his silence either and walked closer to Yonghwa while the two woman tried to calm his father, “Yonghwa, just tell him you're sorry and you'll do something about this so that he will stop now. That's all he needs to hear from you...”

 

“But hyung—“

 

“No! Don't stop me from letting him hear the truth because if he hasn't realized it yet he will never! Yonghwa, what you are doing now is going back to you when the time comes and it's still early to do the right thing. If you don't find a woman to make you feel contented, I am the one who will find that woman for you!”

 

“WHAT?”

 

Almost the rest of the people inside the room exclaimed. It was the first time Sung Gwang ever dared to arrange a marriage for one of his sons which was the total opposite of his principle of giving them the right to choose who they want to spend the rest of their lives with. He has been thinking about it and he believed that Yonghwa was really the exception to this rule. He knows his son's background when it comes to women and the issue of the heiress of the Kim Limited with Yonghwa was not an old news but it was the right time to act soon.

 

“My decision is final. If Yonghwa could not make up his mind from amongst the women he is seeing then I will decide for him...”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter