Chapter 75

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 75. Coming Home

 

She had to humor him since she was feeling suddenly guilty knowing that he was feeling dejected that he wouldn’t be able to spend time with Euna. It didn’t really occur to her that this would happen nor did she considered him sacrificing their baby’s need to have her appa play with and watch over her.

 

So Seohyun clung to him as they moved slowly through the rather upbeat refrain.

 

She liked this— cherish this moment, that they would be this close.

 

Closing her eyes, she remembered the last time she’d ‘let loose’ and just allowed the music to take her. She was brave then because of the alcohol and her friends surrounding her giving her the sense of security she needed. Seohyun allowed this wild side of her to take over because she was on a mission.

 

Somehow she wondered if Yonghwa, or someone like him, would have found her that night. She no longer regretted that night—that decision because of Euna. But she wondered what would have happened if the man who found her that night would have been a better person. Better in such a way that he spent time getting to know her, romancing her—

 

But then again, her sole purpose was to get in and get out.

 

It was her who didn’t give that man a chance to get to know her.

 

And if she did, she wouldn’t have been in Yonghwa’s arms now, having to feel this overwhelming sense of belongingness. She wanted to stay like this, she wanted to stay.

 

Just stay.

 

With him.

 

But unless he wanted her to, then it would happen.

 

Seohyun believed he did. In her heart of hearts, she believed.

 

But believing doesn’t really get her anywhere.

 

She sighed against him when he leaned close and lightly kissed the corner of her lips. With a smile, she muttered as her head fell back on his chest where his heart would surely be, “Hmmm… If we were strangers, I bet you won’t even ask me for a dance… nor notice me.”

 

Her heart pounded a little bit louder in her chest when he chuckled. That was what she was afraid of— that he would take her lightly, that he would only allow that shallow part of him to take over. But Seohyun already made up her mind to take everything that she could especially from him.

 

But his reply leveled her.

 

“In a sea full of beautiful women, I would find you— easily. So that would only mean how impossible for me not to notice you…”

 

She didn’t want to but for a fraction of second she was taken to that night. Her vague memory of that man somewhat crept to her mind.

 

That moment she saw him standing at a distance watching her.

 

And her mind painted a picture not of that vagueness of the man— but Yonghwa.

 

She shivered and hid it by laughing, albeit nervously. She looked up at him as if trying to put that face in her memory that would probably take a miracle or a twist of fate to put him right there that night. Shaking her head, she managed to speak, “You’re good at flirting.”

 

“I didn’t say that to flirt.”

 

She raised her brow feigning the nervousness that rushed through her. The way he was looking at her was making her weak, she might as well fall on her knees so she clung harder to him.

 

“That’s the truth. You know what, if I saw you like, in a club, I would ask you to dance with me.”

 

Seohyun swallowed knowing that he would really do that since she recalled the way he looked at her that night she was wearing the red dress he bought for her.  But if things were different would the old Seohyun dance with him? She found herself asking, “What if I said no?”

 

“Then I would ask you to have drink with me instead. And we’d talk all night. Like the nights we would usually have in my work room…”

 

She giggled softly when he rested his face on the side of her neck blowing little breathy air tickling her. One kiss, one sigh, Seohyun closed her eyes, listening to his voice and liking the feel of their bodies moving in rhythm. But her reservation was still there so she asked, “What if I said no with the drinks too?”

 

“Then I should have respected what you wanted,” Yonghwa replied with conviction as he looked straight in her eyes.

 

The way he looked that very moment made her shiver. There was this uncertainty on his voice and melancholy in his eyes.

 

“You’d leave me alone?”

 

 He only shrugged, “Because that’s what you want?”

 

Seohyun only laughed, with that twinkle of mischief on his grin telling her it wasn’t really what he would do.

 

“It wouldn’t be what you want,” he muttered then frowned playfully, “But you’d just let me go?”

 

Biting her lips for a second to stop herself from laughing out loud, she let her gaze travel through him as she spoke, “I don’t normally go with…”

 

“I’m so sorry I’m not your kind of guy.”

 

She couldn’t help but laugh at that playful look he was giving her that she unintentionally jabbed his chest lightly. But Yonghwa’s gaze softened along with that little curl on the side of his lips. Seohyun smiled back somehow realizing that this tender moment would stay with her for a long, long time.

 

“But here you are with me…”

 

Yes.

 

“Here I am with you…” she repeated as he craned his neck and met her lips. His kiss was soft, almost feathery. The light touch of his lips against hers was giving her the impression that he was still hesitating with the kiss— with possibly what he was feeling at this moment. Possibly, possibly, he might be falling.

 

Like her, a little bit more falling.

 

Seohyun smiled opening her lips, letting him in as if telling him, that yes, there was no need to hesitate.

 

He could love her.

 

He could—

 

She shivered feeling the slow burn her body was feeling the moment she felt his tongue glide on hers. This kiss was different, this kiss was almost meaningful for her and she could only hope that it was also the same for him. She closed her eyes when Yonghwa’s hand gripped her lower back tighter, as their kiss deepened, exploring emotions that words somehow failed them.

 

Seohyun heard herself moan that he responded with that small bite on her lower lip before sli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter