•59•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early next morning, Jungah felt herself perspiring under the sheets. She shot up from the bed, thinking she was late for work.

Jinyoung groaned beside her before sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked sleepily.

"I'm feeling warm, is the AC spoiled?"

Jinyoung looked up at the working air-conditioner and scooted closer to Jungah.

He side-hugged her shoulder before furrowing his eyebrows. He then pressed his palm on her forehead.

"You're having a fever. I think you caught a chill from earlier."

She sniffled and he pulled her close to himself.

Jungah sneezed and pushed Jinyoung away from her.

"You have to stay away from me. I'm sick, you can't get sick too."

"Baby, don't be ridiculous." He chided lightly. "You have a heart condition. Let's go to the hospital."

Jungah shook her head.

"No, I'll just rest a little while."

Jinyoung sighed and gave in. He gently helped Jungah lie down and tucked her in.

"I'll turn the AC off. We'll use the fan for now. I'll get you a glass of warm milk."

She nodded groggily and closed her eyes as Jinyoung slowly got off the bed.

He got downstairs and warmed up some milk before padding up the stairs to their room.

"Babe? Here's your milk. Drink up before sleeping again."

Jungah stirred away and he helped her up. He let her lean against himself.

Using the straw, he brought it to her lips and watched her sip the milk.

She only sipped a little and she pushed Jinyoung's hand away.

"I'm tired." She mumbled.

"Sleep now then."

He laid her down again and pecked her temple lightly.

 

---

 

The sun rose and Jinyoung sprung up to check on Jungah, but she wasn't lying down next to him.

"Jung? Jungah!" He called out worriedly.

"I'm in the bathroom!"

He jumped out of bed and rushed into the bathroom.

"YAH! I'M BATHING HERE!" She screeched.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asked, ignoring her outburst. "Are you still sick?"

"I'm good." She turned off the shower.

Wrapping a towel around herself, she stepped out of the shower.

"I'm going to take leave later, we'll go to the hospital to check your body to make sure you're really fine." He said and leaned against the marble counter.

Jungah stepped towards Jinyoung and stood between his legs, her arms hanging loosely around his neck. He rested his hands on her hips.

"I'm fine, really. You don't have to take leave."

"No matter how fine you think you are, you have to go see a doctor to be sure. You can't be too casual about it."

"Fine, fine. I'll go to the hospital," she said, making Jinyoung smile. "Alone."

"Alone?"

She nodded and left him to go get changed.

"But what if you faint on the way there?"

"Oh, stop being ridiculous. I'll be fine by myself. Don't worry about me, baby."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded again.

"Okay then... But call me after you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter