•26•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungah leaned back against her seat as a hand reached over to her table, grabbing two pills and shoving into her hand. She popped them into and squeezed her eyes shut tightly. The same hand handed her a bottle of water and she quickly gulped the pills.

She let out a grunt of relief as her chest slowly relax. Sighing in relief, she patted her chest, a tired look painting her face.

"What happened to you?"

Jungah's eyes snapped opened at the sound of a maale's voice. She sat up and looked at the direction of the voice and scoffed.

"What the hell are you doing here for, Tuan?"

Mark chuckled and sat on her desk, facing her.

"I'm here to hand you the files of your previous heart CT scans." Mark slapped the brown envelope on the table. "What got you worked up?"

She lazily reached for the envelope and uncoiled the red string.

"What does the report say?"

"Your heart palpitations are definitely back." He summarised for her as she scanned the words. "Your heart valve problem is currently under control if you continue your meds."

Jungah just nodded and threw the file onto the table. She covered her face with her hands and turned away from Mark.

"You haven't told me what made you so worked up."

He leaned forward, reaching for her arm rests and turned her around to face him.

"Talk to me. I'm your doctor, I need to know everything."

"Tuan, it's nothing." She sighed.

He cupped her face.

"I'm your best friend too. Stop lying and talk to me."

She got out of her seat and wrapped her arms around Mark's neck. She buried her face into the crook of his neck as he hugged her back comfortingly.

"This business partner of ours spoke to me a while back. He touched me."

Mark stiffened.

"Don't worry, he didn't touch my or my s."

He chuckled at her blunt words.

"Somehow, I think he told Jin that I was rude to him. He made me apologise to him earlier. And he touched me again, in front of Jinyoung."

Mark rubbed her back and patted the back of her head to comfort the girl.

"Do you need me to call the police on him?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter