•12•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is it?" Jungah sat down on the sofa and crossed her legs. "What is so important that we need to cancel my morning break and force me to come over for this morning meeting of yours?"

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and sat opposite her.

"Are you trying to question your superior?" He asked mockingly. "Of course, there's something important for me to tell you. Why would I call you over just for fun, Jung?"

"Whatever, you . Just get it over and done with."

 

---

 

Saeri stood in front of the cafeteria's coffee counter, waiting for her coffees and she couldn't help but wander about the little interaction between Jinyoung and Jungah earlier.

"Do they know each other?" She muttered to herself. "Why are all the cute and hot guys associated with Jungah, or are interested in her?"

"Miss? Your coffee is done."

Saeri looked up and saw the barista handing her the cups of coffee she had ordered. Giving the barista a smile, she thanked him and went back up.

 

---

Jinyoung was typing something into his laptop, taking in notes from what Jungah was saying. They were discussing about the Kim's case, because Jungah was clearer on what Kim wanted. He was really impressed at how Jungah was explaining everything she knew.

"You've improved a lot." He blurted.

Jungah eyed him.

"What do you mean by that?"

He shook his head and a small smile tugged on his lips as memories surfaced in his head.

"You used to be so shy to talk in project meetings. But now, you speak with so much confidence."

Jungah let out an amused breath.

"A lot of things can change in 5 years, let alone a person." She whispered.

Jinyoung caught what she said and nodded.

"Of course," he agreed. "Do you remember our previous neighbour? Ms Jin?"

She nodded.

"She got married to a man 10 years older than her, and they are now parents of twin baby girls."

Jungah gave Jinyoung a smile.

"Really?"

He gave her a grin and got up. He sat down beside Jungah and showed her the pictures on his mobile. Jungah held onto his phone, which was in his hand, and cooed at how beautiful the babies looked.

"Ms Jin is a very beautiful woman, and her husband's handsome." She commented.

Jinyoung nudged her with his shoulder.

"Yah, I'm handsome too."

She laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter