•58•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungah packed her table into a box and gave one last glance around her office.

It was the day she was officially out of Edge.

She looked over at her box and let her fingers fly over the items, fondly remembering the memories that came along with them.

"For the past 5 years of my life, I never knew that they actually do not hate the way I ran the place." She told herself.

 

---

 

Tzuyu had gathered everyone under the Director's department, three days after she tendered her resignation, in the conference room as Jungah wanted to address her leaving to everyone.

The employees were whispering to each other, wondering when Jungah would arrive.

Apparently, the news of her resignation had travelled the entire building and it was too sudden, making the employees unable to come to senses with it.

Jungah stepped into the conference room and made everyone settle down.

"So today is my last day as your Director in Edge." She started. "And I have already handed in my letter, so I'll be staying till the end of the week."

"But this is too sudden!" Minjung said.

"Ms Jo, then what about your position?" Jesscia questioned.

"Why did you make the sudden decision to leave? Did something happen?" Jason voiced out.

Jungah held her hand up, silencing the room.

"It's actually due to my personal reasons, that I chose to leave." She explained. "Don't worry about who is going to take my place, the CEO will decide, so this is a chance for you guys to work hard to take my position!" She joked, making the room chuckle.

Jungah gave everyone a 90-degree bow, staying in that position for a full minute.

"Thank you so much for what you have done for me for the past five years." Jungah smiled when she straightened her back. "I know I might have been a jerk to you guys. Overbearing and bossy. But that's how I am when I concentrate on my work."

The people in the room got up and starting clapping for Jungah.

She stood watching everyone clapping for her and felt her heart warm up.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked, genuinely confused.

Tzuyu smiled and got Jungah's attention.

"We are thanking you for your leadership. We actually learnt a lot from you, and you inspire us to do better. Although your ways of teaching us can be a little overboard, but we still learnt. Especially during our presentations and meetings."

"That's right!" Everyone else chorsed, ceasing the applause.

Suddenly, someone behind them clapped their hands loudly once.

Everyone turned and saw Jinyoung standing there.

"CEO Park." They greeted.

He chuckled and waved his hands.

"Nah, don't call me. For now, I'm just Park Jinyoung, Jo Jungah's husband."

The employees casted each other playful knowing looks and wriggled their eyebrows at Jungah as Jinyoung walked towards her.

"Since today is my wife's last day, how about I treat you guys to dinner?"

Cheers erupted in the room before Jungah rose her hands, trying to lower their volumes.

"We'll go after work," she smiled and pointed to Jinyoung. "He'll be paying, not me. So choose the most expensive restaurant, alright?"

Laughters filled the room and Jungah was about to call off the meeting when Jason stopped her.

"Ms Jo! We all have something for you."

Jungah gasped and glanced at everyone.

"Let's go get out gifts! Ms Jo and Mr Park, wait here!"

They scurried off, and returned 5 mintues later with wrapped presents in their hands.

"These are our gifts to you. We hope you'll like them."

 

---

 

Jungah wiped her tear away as she gently kept the gifts she received from her employees into a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter