•51•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung sat down with Jungah in her office. She was still shakened up by what had happened earlier.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked.

She glanced at him and scooted closer, leaning against his body. He threw an arm around her shoulders as she laid her head down on his shoulder.

He rubbed his hand up and down her arm as he tried to comfort her.

"I'm better, after my medication."

Jinyoung's fingers mindlessly twirled on the ends of Jungah's hair.

"I don't mean that. I meant... Im Sung."

"Oh that. i'm okay with that now. He's caught already, isn't he?"

He nodded, turning his head slightly and his lips brushed against her temple. He let them linger there for a second more.

"Cancel your dinner date with Jackson. Come over to my place for dinner."

She sighed and nodded.

"Fine."

 

---

 

Jungah grabbed her mobile after Jinyoung left her office. She dialled in Jackson's number and waited for the man to pick up.

"Hello? Jung?"

"Hey Wang."

"What's up?"

"About tonight's dinner..."

"You can't make it, right?"

Jungah's eyes rounded.

"How did you guess?"

"I just kinda knew it. Jinyoung called me actually, that something happened to you, so you can't make it to dinner."

She sighed and sat down on her chair.

"I'm sorry, Jackson." She apologised. "I guess you'll have to save that thing you wanted to tell me another time."

He chuckled over the phone call.

"Nah, I can actually tell you now."

"What is it?"

"I actually wanted to confess to you over dinner but-"

"W-What? Confess?"

"Yeah, I like you, for a really long time now."

"But, why didn't you tell me?"

"You have Jinyoung with you now, you guys got married. How was I supposed to fight with that?"

"Jackson..."

"I'm joking. But the part where I said I liked you, it was the truth."

"Was?"

"Yeah, Jinyoung told me you guys were back together. I wouldn't want to come between you guys. Bro code."

Jungah laughed and shook her head. She pinched her nose bridge as she relaxed against her chair.

"Hey Jungah?"

Jackson's voice sounded serious that it made her stop twirling on her chair.

"Hmm?"

"Don't give up on this relationship. Jinyoung's the one for you."

"You think so?"

"I know so." Jackson affirmed. "And I know you love him too. So, go and tell him. Don't wait till the day another woman comes by and sweeps him off his feet. You'll regret it."

Jungah pondered over his words and a light-bulb went off in her head.

"You know what," she got up and headed towards the door. "I'll go do that right now. Thanks Jackson."

"Anytime, doll."

"Friends for life?"

"Of course."

 

---

 

Jungah made a beeline towards Jinyoung's office and when she reached, Saeri got up and stopped her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter