•43•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence hung in the air after Jinyoung uttered those words.

You weren't and never will be a burden to me.

Jungah let the words sink into her mind, her heart warming up. She could feel herself slowly relaxing under his touch.

She shakily hugged him back and she pressed her cheek against his neck.

"Why would you do that?" She whispered. "I am a burden to you. You have so many good opportunities in your life, you shouldn't give it up just for me."

Jinyoung rubbed his hand up and down her back comfortingly.

"Because I love you. I would do anything for you."

She froze.

"What?"

"I said, I love you and I would do anything for you."

Jungah leaned away and withdraw from his hold. She shifted away and dropped her hands on her laps.

"Why? Why would you love a woman with such a bad illness? I might collapse - or even die - anytime. Although this isn't life-threatening, but you saw what happened earlier." She pointed out. "I don't want you to hate me if I were to leave one day."

Jinyoung got up from the bed and knelt in front of Jungah.

"Please. Don't say things like this." He pleaded. "Don't say that you'll die. You won't."

She kept quiet.

He could hear her difficulty in breathing. The wheezing in her breathing was hurting him.

"I want you to listen to me, Jo Jungah."

He spoke with so much authority that it made Jungah shake.

"Look at me." He commanded.

She shook her head.

"I said, look at me."

He reached for her chin and tilted her face to face his.

"For what I'm going to say next, I'm saying it once and only once."

She swallowed at the intensity of his gaze.

"I am going to protect and care for you for the rest of your life." He stated. "I am going to love you till the end of time."

Jungah watched as his gaze became softer, his hand reaching to her face and holding her gently.

"I am going to bring everything back to the start."

He looked directly into her eyes.

"To the start where we fell in love. To the beginning."

Jungah let his words help her connect the dots in her head.

"I am going to woo you again. I promise to be better than who I used to be."

 

---

 

Jinyoung stepped out of the ward. Jungah had kept quiet after what he said and curled onto bed, under the covers in silence.

He chose to let Jungah think, so he left the room.

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter