•36•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update! Go back a chapter, to 35.

 

Jungah and Minah were the few of the early people at the restaurant. They picked a table and settled down.

"Eonni, I'll grab you something to eat. After that, take your medication."

She patted her younger sister's head and nodded.

"Thanks, Min."

"What's there to thank? We're sisters, aren't we?"

 

Jinyoung arrived in the lift lobby and headed to the restro. His employees slowly piled into the place and he looked for Jungah.

His heart leaped when he saw her sitting in the corner, staring out the window. He felt his lips tug into a smile. His legs unknowingly brought him over to her table.

"Hey Jungah." He greeted, only to have her cast him a glance before continuing to stare out the window.

Jinyoung's brows knitted.

"Did I do something wrong? Why aren't you talking to me? I thought we were pretty cool last night at the beach." He blurted.

"Why don't you ask yourself what happened?" She shot back at him.

"Why was Saeri in your room? Why did you let her in?"

Jinyoung's eyes widened.

"No." Jungah spat. "How about we start on why you arranged our rooms to be on the same level?"

She rested her chin on her palm as she stared at him, waiting for his answer.

"What? Jungah..." His voice was thick with confusion.

 

"Oppa? Why aren't you sitting down?"

Minah came back with two plates of food in her hands.

Jinyoung switched his gaze from Minah to Jungah, noticing the cold vibe radiating from the lady.

"She..." He started, eyeing Jungah.

Minah caught his message and placed the food on the table. She sat down and looked up at her ex-brother-in-law.

"Oppa, don't just stand there, sit down."

She gave Jinyoung a nod towards the seat and he timidly sat down as Jungah remained quiet.

"Eonni, eat up."

Minah nudged the plate over to her sister and she quietly began eating.

 

Saeri was at another table, observing them. She felt uncomfortable watching them, so she turned the other direction, too lazy to act on her plan that day.

 

---

 

Jungah excused herself to the pool next to the restaurant after finishing her food. Minah snuck her medication box into her purse, so she left to take her medicine at a less crowded place.

She stood behind the wall. Popping the pills she had to take onto her palm, she shoved the casing into her purse and grabbed her bottle from inside. She was about to take them when she heard a shout coming from the pool.

"Someone save my son!"

She turned to the pool and saw a little boy splashing about, with his mother shaking in panic at the side.

Jungah dropped whatever she was doing, including her pills and bottle before rushing to the edge of the pool and jumping in.

 

---

 

"Someone save my son!"

Everyone in the restaurant stopped what they were doing and rushed towards the windows facing the pool. Minah and Jinyoung stood up and saw a little boy stru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter