•22•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock struck 8pm and Jungah got up from her seat to stretch herself. She walked over to the pantry on her level and poured herself a cup of latte.

She almost brought it to her lips when she remembered that coffee increases her heartbeat levels.

She sighed and headed towards the sink.

"My latte... When will I be able to drink them again?"

Just then, a hand reached out and grabbed her coffee from her.

"Let me finish that."

She spun around and smacked Jackson on his arm.

"You scared me!"

He chuckled.

"I told you I would be here to pick you up, didn't I?"

She rolled her eyes and strolled out of the pantry.

Jackson gulped everything in the mug down before following Jungah out. They entered her office as he made himself comfortable on her sofa.

"You good to go?"

Jungah grabbed her mobile and purse as she nodded in response.

"Let's go then."

He held out his arm and egged for her to take it.

With a laugh, she pushed him away and left the office.

They reached the lift lobby and were waiting for the machine to arrive.

"How have you been lately?" Jackson suddenly asked as they faced the doors. "I didn't hear from you ever since you left Seoul University."

She lowered her head.

"It's been good I guess." She smiled timidly and looked back up. "How about you? Found a girlfriend yet?"

Jackson gave her a dry laugh before she shook her head and looked away. He chuckled before staring at Jungah's side profile.

A serene look painted his face and a soft smile tugged on his lips.

I was waiting for you, pabo-yah.

 

Jackson swung his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. She playfully glared at him before he poked her cheek.

"What do you wanna have for dinner?"

She tapped her chin, thinking for a second.

 

Jinyoung and Saeri left the office and were walking towards the lobby. She was estatic that he decided to go to the buffet with her.

She kept stealing glances at her boss.

He's really handsome...

She smiled to herself before facing forward.

 

Jinyoung kept gazing front, keeping his eyes peeled for a certain girl and her dinner date. He frowned when he didn't see them.

Is she already at the restaurant?

Then realization dawned on him.

Why am I so uptight about this? We aren't married anymore. Pfft.

He shook his head. He stared at his feet at he walked, until he heard laughter.

 

Jinyoung saw Jackson with his arm over Jungah's shoulders. His jaw tightened. He pretended not to see them and sauntered over to them nonchalantly.

"Oh, Jinyoung." Jackson noticed the man and dropped his arm.

He stepped to Jinyou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter