•39•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I did a double update today hehe go back to chapter 38.

 

Night fell and the crew decided to have barbeque for dinner. They were setting up the charcoal and fire starters, some were handling the food.

Jungah sat alone at the side, staring at the others do their part. Even Jinyoung was helping out, s the employees naturally started to complain a little.

"Why isn't Ms Jo doing anything?"

"She's the ice queen. We're the coolies. We work for her."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes. Minah stomped towards the employees bad mouthing her sister and crossed her arms.

"I don't care how old you are or how big your rank is. As long as you bad mouth my sister, you are good as dead to me. Can't my sister take a break? She's feeling unwell and you guys are here talking ?"

The people who were talking about Jungah kept quiet.

"I remember you," Minah pointed at one of the employees. "You called in sick but you turned out to be partying while everyone worked their butts off."

"If you guys don't have anything nice to say, shut those pieholes. No one is going to call you mute if you do."

She rolled her eyes and stormed her way back to her sister.

 

Minah plopped down beside her sister as everyone looked away. Mark came up behind them and ruffled the girl's head.

"Looks like the temper runs in the family huh?" He teased.

"Ah~ Oppa~"

Jungah chuckled.

Mark turned to look at her and leaned down, closer to her ear.

"I have to go. There's an emergency surgery that requires my help." He whispered.

She held onto his hand and tugged on his sleeve.

"Do you really have to go now? Stay for the barbeque."

He looked at her apologetically and pecked the side of her head.

"I'm sorry I can't." Mark smiled. "Min, take care of your sister. Call me if anything happens to her in the night."

She saluted him with a smile.

"Be careful going back okay?" Jungah said and he nodded.

 

---

 

"Why that-"

Jinyoung curled his fingers around the tongs he was using to transfer the charcaol.

He had just seen Jungah holding onto the end of Mark's sleeve and his fire just rose when he saw Mark planting his lips on her.

He let out a frustrated breath and turned his attention back to his charcoal.

"Hey, Mr Park. Do you need help?"

He glanced over his shoulder and smiled.

"Oh, can you grab me that apron?" He pointed with his chin. "The charcoal is going to get onto my clothes."

She nodded and went to get what he wanted. She came back and smiled to herself.

"I'll do it for you," she proposed. "Since your hands are dirty."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter