•45•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"O-Omonim."

The other woman broke into a smile.

"Hello, dear."

Jungah bowed politely towards the lady and she reached for her hands.

"How have you been, dear?"

"I've been good."

The elder nodded her head and sat down. She then patted the seat in front of her and motioned for Jungah to sit.

She shook her head.

"I would prefer to stand, omonim."

"Why are you being so formal with me?" The woman asked. "I was your mother-in-law."

 

---

 

Jinyoung arrived at the lift lobby after parking his car and noticed that Jungah was no where to be found.

Instead he saw Saeri waiting for the lift.

"Good morning, Ms Kim." Jinyoung greeted.

"Good morning."

They waited for the lift in silence until he spoke up.

"Have you seen Jungah?"

"Jungah?" Saeri repeated, her heart starting to boil in irk at her name. "Nope, I haven't. Why?"

"It's nothing. I needed to look at some matters that needs her presence."

"I see... I heard that she was needed at the conference room, apparently a middle aged woman was looking for her."

Jinyoung's ears perked up.

"Conference room, you say? Alright. Thank you."

He flashed her a smile and the lift doors opened. They stepped into the machine together and started to move up.

 

---

 

"Drop the formalities, child." Mrs Park said gently. "Why don't you come over here and give this poor old woman a hug."

Jungah felt her tears building up in her eyes.

Mrs Park to her was like how Mrs Jo was to Jinyoung.

She treated her like her child, spoiling her with clothes and gifts although they were not that wealthy. She would side Jungah in the couple's childish fights and quarrels.

"Omonim."

Jungah stepped forward and the lady hugged her comfortingly.

"I heard you were working under Jinyoung. I missed you so much, dear."

"I missed you too, omonim."

They parted after a while and Mrs Park caressed her ex-daughter-in-law's face.

"Any suitors yet?"

Jungah chuckled.

"Not so soon. I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment."

"Is it because you still love Jinyoung?" She blurted.

"I..."

Mrs Park grinned and patted Jungah's shoulder.

"Your late father-in-law and I would love to have you back into our family." She whispered. "Did you tell Jinyoung about your... situation?"

Jungah nodded sadly.

"I didn't want to tell him but I had to, something happened a few days ago."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter