•40•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Jungah woke up to Minah sleeping on the chair beside the bed.

She sat up and realised that there was a towel on her forehead.

"Min?" She gently nudged the girl.

Minah stirred awake and gasped when she realised her sister was awake.

"Oh my god! You're awake?" She asked. "You were whimpering last night in your sleep. I thought something happened to you."

Jungah gave her a soft look.

"I'm sorry. Was I a bother?"

The younger girl held both her hands.

"You are never a bother to me, eonni. If anything, I should be the one asking you that."

A small chuckle was shared between them.

"What about this?" Jungah lifted the small towel.

"You were perspiring, and was running a small fever. I wanted to call Mark oppa but I remembered he said he had an emergency surgery, so I tried to lower down your temperature myself."

Jungah nodded and tried to stand.

"Eonni," Minah stopped her. "I'll go get breakfast up for you. You wait here, I'll be quick."

And with that, she ran out of the room.

 

---

 

Jinyoung sat at his table, pondering over the possible outing he could do for the employees.

His mind couldn't help but wonder to what Jungah told him the previous night.

"A woman was in my room?"

He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Who was that?"

He grunted and got up, walking over to the balcony.

He pulled the door open and stepped out, letting his eyes breathe in the beautiful morning view.

He sighed and turned to his right, only to see Jungah there, with her eyes closed and hand over her heart.

Jinyoung felt his breathing hitch as he watched that small smile that tugged on the ends of her lips.

"She's beautiful," he told himself. "Just like before."

He then rested his elbow on the wooden railing of balcony and pressed his cheek on his fist, as he looked at her.

 

Jungah felt that she needed a breather so she went to the balcony. She saw the view and closed her eyes, her hand reached to her chest.

She took a deep breathe, trying to commit the view into her mind.

"I don't even know when I would collapse." She muttered to herself. "I should just enjoy while I can."

She smiled and opened her eyes, turning to her left, only to see Jinyoung staring at her.

She jumped, her heartbeat accelerating.

"What are you doing here?"

"I..." He was taken aback by the sudden question. "Can't I be here?"

He winced at his tone.

"Whatever." She turned into the room.

"Wait!" She paused. "You look beautiful."

She glanced at him with a sad look and entered the room, sliding the door close.

 

---

 

Jungah made her way towards the living room, only to have difficulty seeing. She felt her heart racing quickly and recognised it t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter