•11•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Saeri got up early to get ready for work. She skipped over to her closet and wuickly chose the office suit she went to get the week before.

"I have a job," she whispered to herself as she admired her professional herself in front of the mirror. "Yeah! I have a job!"

Her smile fell when she remembered that she was going to work with Jungah.

"Jo Jungah, I swear, I'm going to beat you down. You are going to be my stepping stone to becoming successful."

 

---

 

Saeri reached Edge's building and peered up at it in admiration. She dreamed off working in a big company like this. Taking a deep breath, she entered the building. She walked over to the lift lobby and saw Youngjae standing there.

"Hey, Youngjae-ssi."

He faced her and let out a smile.

"So early on your first day of work, Saeri-ssi?"

She nodded enthusiastically and he nodded at her.

"Follow me then, I'll show you to your cubicle. After that, I'll give you a little tour."

 

---

 

Jungah was in her office, gathering the necessary files before she left for Jackson's breakfast date. Oh, how she cringed at that word. She straightened her 3-piece suit and turned to leave when her landline rang.

"Hello?"

"Jo Jungah, get down to my office, we need to have a breakfast meeting."

She furrowed her brows at Jinyoung's authorative tone.

"I requested for a morning break. It was approved." She argued back.

"Well, I cancelled it. So come over."

She rolled her eyes and slammed her files back on the table.

"Are you still being pissy about what happened yesterday?"

"Who's being pissy?" Jinyoung's bored voice resonated from the other end. "This is more important than your date."

Jungah was about to rebut him when her mobile rang. She leaned away from the landline and reached for her mobile.

"Yeah, Jackson?"

 

Jinyoung rose his brow in his office. He looked at the phone receiver and made a face at it, before listening to the conversation again.

"Yeah, I'm in the office."

He scrunched his nose up and pretended to puke.

What's with the cutesy voice? Ew.

He then pressed the phone to his ear again.

"No, no. You don't have to come. I can't make it for breakfast."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter