•42•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungah stirred in her bed before snapping her eyes open. She blinked slowly before taking in her surroundings.

White walls.

White ceiling.

Gentle beeping of the heart rate monitor.

Wait.

Her eyes rounded.

Heart rate monitor?

She turned her head and saw her arm being hooked up to the machine. There was an oxygen mask over her face, supplying steady amounts of oxygen to her.

Jungah grunted and tried to get up. She felt around her face and pulled the mask off.

She let out a weak breath and sat up. She fumbled for the wires stuck into her arm and pulled the needles out.

She unclipped the heart rate monitor from her finger.

She closed her eyes as her vision swam. She then dragged her legs off the bed as she sat on the edge of the bed.

Her fingers worked at her temple as she tried to recall what had happened.

She vaguely remembered that she was in her room at the resort, before she made it to the front of the restaurant. Her heart was beating painfully, almost giving up on her.

She remembered that she out, but she could still hear a man's voice despite being semi-conscious.

She remembered the man calling her name before blacking out completely.

 

Jungah sighed and covered her face with palms, rubbing her face. She slowly placed her hands on the bed and pushed herself off of it.

She swayed a little as she stood on her feet. She shuffled her way towards the wall for support. After placing her palms firmly on the wall, she slowly brought herself towards the ward's door.

She barely made it when the door flew open.

She leaned against the wall, resting the side of her head on the wall.

", what are you doing, Jungah? You should be resting!"

Someone grabbed onto her arms and gently pulled towards her bed. She couldn't make out the face of the person helping her.

"Sit down, don't move about. I'll go get the nurse."

Jungah heard the person step away from her so she shot her hand out and grabbed that person's hand.

"No..." She whispered. "Don't leave me. Stay here."

She could feel the person walk back and sat down beside her.

"Alright, I'll stay."

 

---

 

Jinyoung was outside alone, Mark went off to attend another patient's operation. Minah had gone home to grab some of Jungah's personal belongings.

He couldn't bring himself to leave after finding out what was wrong with Jungah. He just didn't know where to go.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter