•54•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung sat in his office, flipping through his files when there was a knock on his door. He looked up and saw the silhouette of a woman standing outside his door. He smiled and dropped his file.

"Come in."

The door creaked open and Saeri peeped in.

A visible disappointment was evident of Jinyoung's face when he saw her, but held a smile nevertheless.

"What is it?" He picked up his file again.

"Mr Wang is here."

Jinyoung's ears perked up and he sprung up from his seat.

"Bring him in."

Saeri nodded and pushed the door wide open, ushering Jackson in.

"Bring in two coffees from the barista downstairs, thanks Saeri."

She nodded at Jinyoung's order with a small blush and shut the door.

 

"So what's up?"

Jinyoung sat down opposite of Jackson and the male threw a file onto the table.

"I found out who the person spreading the rumour was. Boy, it was so predictable but you never guessed it."

"Predictable?" Jinyoung repeated and picked up the file.

"Look through the papers and you'll understand what I mean."

Jinyoung flipped the file open and an A8-sized photo came into view.

"Saeri?"

He looked up at Jackson in shock.

The latter nodded.

"I tracked the email's IP address to this company and through that, I managed to find that the email originated from the woman's computer. She, was the one who started everything."

Jinyoung kept silent as he looked through the information Jackson had gathered. From the contents to the email, to results of the findings.

A knock on the door jolted his attention away from the file. He closed it and yelled for the person at the order to come in.

"Mr Park, Mr Wang, your coffee."

Saeri smiled at them before setting the cups on the table.

Thoughts were swimming in Jinyoung's mind as he watched her every move.

 

Saeri felt her boss' burning gaze at the side of her face.

She pinked but there was this unsettling feeling in her at the unbroken gaze he was giving her.

Straightening her back, she bowed at the two males.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

Jinyoung took a deep breath to calm himself down before speaking in a measured tone.

"No. That will be all. You may leave."

Jinyoung looked away and ignored Saeri.

She cocked her head in confusion and nodded at Jackson with a smile, only to be scoffed at.

Saeri rolled her eyes and left the office.

 

"So what are you going to do with her?" Jackson asked, reaching for his cup of coffee.

"I have yet to decide, I'll think about it later."

"Later? And give her another chance to attack Jungah?"

"No!" Jinyoung exclaimed. "Of course not!"

"Why don't you fire her now?"

"Come on, Jackson. This is a personal matter, I can't mix this with business."

"Personal? That girl sent a mass scandal email about your wife."

"I'll see what I can do with this." Jinyoung nodded at Jackson. "Thanks for your help, man."

"No probs, just solve this quickly. I don't want any of this to affect Jungah."

Jinyoung chuckled.

"Of course, I won't let anything like this happen again. Plus, she's my wife, I know what to do."

"Oh, so you're trying to show off your relationship with Jungah to me now, huh?"

The two males laughed and Jackson got up.

"I have to go for a board meeting, I'll get going."

"I'll send you downstairs."

 

Saeri sat at her desk, wondering about the cold treatment she had received from the two males earlier. The office doors opened and she sprung to her feet.

She bowed to greet Jackson and Jinyoung, but they had their arms around each other as they walked past her.

"Okay..." She muttered under her breath.

 

---

 

Jungah went back home after the meeting secretly. She wanted to prepared some lunch for Jinyoung herself.

The lunch menu that day was spaghetti, something Jinyoung liked when they were married previously.

She patted the lunch box and smiled to herself before packing it into a small bag.

"Let's go~"

Jungah then got into her car and drove back to Edge.

 

---

 

Saeri was bored as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter