•25•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks flew by, with Edge being on the edge of it's seat. The partnership project with Kim finally went underway and everyone was very busy.

Jungah had been travelling between the construction site and the office very frequently. Since Jinyoung was busy with something else, Mr Cho had put her in charge of supervising the construction job.

Tzuyu was with her and saw her boss perspiring.

"Are you okay, Director? Do you need a break?"

"No need. I'm good."

Jungah patted Tzuyu's hand and trudged forward, after the construction head. Her mobile rang and she glanced at the screen.

Putting the phone to her ear, she puffed air onto her hair.

"What is it now, Park Jinyoung?"

"Im Sung's here. Get back to Edge."

He hung up and Jungah gaped at her phone.

"Excuse you?!" She muttered to herself. "Does he really want me to apologise to that son of a gun?"

"Who called, eonni?"

"It's some ," she said. "I'm needed back at the company. Get the car for me."

"Neh." Tzuyu then scurried off.

 

"Have a seat. Do you want tea?"

Jinyoung was in the conference room with Im Sung. He had come over to talk to Jungah but Jinyoung was the only head in the office at that time.

"Why are you treating me so nicely?" Im Sung asked. "I want to speak to Ms Jo."

Jinyoung gave him a smile before nodding his head.

"She's coming over right now."

Im Sung sat down and drummed his fingers on the table.

 

Jungah slowly strolled into the building and on the way, went to pick up coffee. She took her time, nodding at those who she met. She smiled to herself in the lift and when the machine reached her desired level, her smile turned into a smirk.

She walked towards the conference room's door and spotted Jinyoung looking anxiously at his watch. He sighed and looked up, his gaze locking on hers immediately and he stormed up to her, grabbing her wrist.

"Why are you so late?" He questioned and his eyes fell onto the takeaway cup of coffee. "And you went to get coffee on the way up?"

Jungah kept quiet and pulled her wrist back from him.

"Why are you so irresponsible? You created this mess. You fix it."

She gave him a glare and walked towards the doors.

"Just so you know, I'm not in the wrong here."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter