•32•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung and Minah stood next each other as they picked the food they wanted to have. The younger girl kept glancing at him, and watched him pick from the dishes laid out in front of him.

"Oppa, do you still like eonni?"

Jinyoung paused at her question. He turned to look at her but realised that she continued to pick out her dishes.

"Why... Why would you ask that?"

Minah stopped moving and faced the older male.

"I'm curious." She answered. "I missed you being my hyung-bu."

He chuckled.

"And why is that?"

"You treat me really well, and you dote on me." Minah smiled softly. "Ever since dad left and mom died, she's-"

Jinyoung felt his heart drop.

"Ommo-nim passed on?" He felt his heart break. "When... When did this happened?"

"4 years ago, that's why eonni started working doubly hard as the Director." Minah reached for the other tong to grab carrots. "She tried to numb herself with work, but she also needed to be my guardian and take care of me. But I keep causing her to worry, when I should be worried about her instead."

He was stunned.

Jungah's mother had always taken care of him like he was her own. No matter if Jinyoung and Jungah were plain friends, dating or married, she took really good care of him.

She knew his dislike for carrots, so she would cook an extra dish just for him. Whenever he had troubles, he would talk to her and she would give him her advice.

Never did he know that she would pass on so early.

And no one told him about it.

"What happened to ommo-nim?" He asked, missing the later part of what Minah had said.

"Some drunk driver knocked her down when she was crossing the road. I was in school when eonni called."

"Have they caught the driver?"

Minah nodded.

"The police did, a few hours after mom died. They told eonni to come identify the body. I wasn't too happy to let eonni go by herself, so I snuck out of school to accompany her. It's not like I could focus in class anyway." She sighed.

"That was the first time I saw her cry so painfully hard. More than the day after your divorce."

She cried after our divorce? I thought she wanted it. I just fulfilled what she wanted.

Minah noticed Jinyoung had gotten quiet.

"Are you done with your choices? I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter