•48•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung leaped over the bonnet of his car and quickly got into the vehicle, speeding off towards the hospital.

"Please, don't let anything happen to Jungah..." He muttered under his breath.

 

---

 

Jinyoung frantically ran towards the main counter of the A&E department.

"Excuse me, there was a woman sent in from an accident at Edge. Where is she?"

The nurse looked up and glanced at her files.

"She seems to be in the operating theatre. Let me check for you."

He nodded and looked around, before seeing a theatre being used, the red light above the doors was lit up. He shuffled his feet over to the doors and peered in through the small window.

His heart pounded against his chest as a million different possibilities. He held onto Jungah's necklace and collapsed onto the chair beside the doors.

Jinyoung stared at the wedding ring in his hands, his fingers playing with the chain.

He sighed and he closed his fingers around the ring and chain, before bringing it to his chest. He closed his eyes and squeezed them shut.

He was about to take in a deep breath again, when he heard heels clicking towards him.

"Park Jinyoung? What are you doing here?"

He looked up and saw Jungah holding onto a piece of paper, standing just a few feet away from him.

Relief washed over his body, his eyes softening at the sight of his ex-wife.

He got up and stormed over to her.

"What-" Jungah started as he walked towards her.

He didn't say anything and wrapped his arms around her, tightly.

Jinyoung pressed his cheek against the side of her head, his eyes closed as he took in the scent of her perfume.

"What's happening?" She asked in confusion.

He pulled away and scanned Jungah's body.

"You're fine?"

"Of course I am. What else?"

"You're alright, why would you need the ambulance to send you here to the hospital? And the concussion?"

"Me, concussion?" Jungah cocked her eyebrows.

"They told me that a lady from the higher department fell down the stairs when exiting from Yoon's floor."

"That wasn't me." She smiled. "It was the cleaning lady. I was there and they thought it was me. She's fine already, she's in her ward."

"But... why was there cardboard boxes from his office?" Jinyoung asked.

She frowned.

"Yoon wanted me to clean the boxes from his office, claiming that his secretary not being at work and employees are busy with their jobs."

Jinyoung clenched his jaw.

"Yoon told you to clean his rubbish?"

"It's fine. I'm okay with it, anyway. If not, I'll not be able to help the cleaning lady."

He looked at Jungah with a concerned look again.

"So you're not hurt?"

She smiled and shook her head.

"Then..." He held the necklace out. "Why was this at the stairwell?"

Jungah's eyes widened and felt around her neck. When she felt her necklace missing, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter