•37•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you guys haven't read it, I updated chapter 35 and 36 earlier, so give that a read! <3

 

Jungah headed straight for the bedroom to grab dry clothes to wear, but her legs gave way and she fell onto the floor. Her brows were knitted, her eyes squeezed shut tightly. She started gasping for air.

Minah heard the crash from inside the room and she rushed in.

"EONNI!" She shouted.

Jungah's hand flew up to her chest, her fingers curling around her shirt.

"Medicine... Get me my medicine..."

Minah quickly scrambled to get the pills. She handed Jungah the pills, and watched as her sister swallow the medication dry, without water.

She saw her sister sink down onto the floor, leaning against the bed as she waited for the medicine to take effect.

The younger Jo immediately pulled her mobile out of her pocket, dailing for Mark's number.

"W-Who are you calling?"

"I'm calling Mark oppa over. I can't leave you like this alone."

"But... there's a hike later. I can't possibly leave now..."

Minah shook her head, giving her sister a firm glare.

"No. I'm calling him over right now."

 

The call rang thrice before Mark picked up.

"Hello?"

"Oppa, this is Minah."

"Yo, Min. What's up?"

"Something happened to eonni. Can you come down to the beachside resort?"

Jungah struggled to snatch the phone away from her sister, but she gave up due to the dull throb in her chest.

"What happened to her?"

"She wasn't feeling well, and jumped into the pool to save a little boy. She just had her meds, but she wants to attend the hike later."

"That subborn girl. I'll head over immediately. I'll call you when I reach."

Mark ended the call and Minah helped her sister onto the bed.

"Why did you tell him that?" Jungah asked her sister weakly. "Now he'll nag me to death."

"I would rather let him nag you, rather than have you collapse before my eyes." Minah rolled her eyes and plopped down on the bed beside Jungah.

She stifled a smile and rested her head on the younger Jo's shoulder. Her hand gently patted her chest, the pain subsiding.

 

"Yah, Min." Jungah suddenly blurted. "What will you do if I just die one day?"

Minah whipped her head in shock to her sister.

She had never thought of this. Truthfully, she wouldn't know what she would do if she lost her sister. Jungah was her only pillar of support. She was all she had when their mother passed.

"Why are you talking about?" Minah pretended to not hear what she said.

"I asked you, what if I-"

Minah clapped her hands over her ears and started humming.

"La la la! I can't hear you!" She sang out loud. "I can't hear you!"

Jungah chuckled at how childish her sister was.

"Arraso, I'll stop asking."

 

---

 

Mark Tuan arrived at the resort's lobby just as everyone was gathering to leave for the small hike. Jinyoung was discussing the trail with his employees when he saw the doctor looking nervously around.

"Mark!" He waved at him.

"Jin!"

Mark ran over to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter