•41•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eonni... There's no heartbeat." Minah cried.

Jinyoung felt his world come crashing down. He reached for her arm, he was trembling.

"What..?"

"Don't panic. Do CPR on her now. Ask Jinyoung to go grab Jungah's bag from the room."

Minah looked at Jinyoung with glassy eyes.

"Oppa, go to my room to get eonni's bag. Now! Please..."

Jinyoung seemed to hesitate and she let out a cry.

"Oppa! If you want eonni to be alive, go now!"

He gently placed Jungah onto the floor, grabbed Minah's room card and ran.

 

Jinyoung sprinted up towards the room, threw the door open and headed straight to their bedroom.

He saw that red bag that Minah always carried for Jungah and grabbed it. He heard the cries of the ambulance's sirens.

"Jungah."

He tightened his hold on the bag and ran back down.

Minah did CPR for Jungah continuously, until the paramedics came to her and pulled her away so that they could attend to Jungah.

They laid the stretcher out and lifted Jungah onto it, before bringing her towards the ambulance. Minah followed them and Jinyoung came running up to them.

"Bag." He panted, holding the red bag towards Minah.

She grabbed it and wiped her tears away, climbing into the back of the ambulance.

"Can I come with?" He asked the paramedics.

"Who are you to the patient?"

"Husband. I'm her husband."

 

---

 

"This is the 911 ambulance. Calling for emergency room, we have a female patient aged 27. Blood oxygen below 90. Glasgow Coma Scale is at 111, Patient is showing no response, over."

Jinyoung and Minah held onto Jungah's cold hands.

"Jungah, get up, don't scare me."

"Eonni..."

 

---

 

The ambulance rushed to the hospital immediately.

Mark was waiting at the entrance of the A&E with his nurses. The ambulance's back door threw open and the paramedics rushed the stretcher down. Jinyoung and Minah followed closely behind.

The doctor was shouting to the nurses as he rushed with the wheel-ed hospital bed towards the operating theatre.

"Jungah? Can you hear me?" Mark called out.

He turned to the paramedics that got her to the hospital to tell him the details.

"Patient is running a temperature and she is not responsive."

Mark nodded.

"Get the cardiogram. Meet me in the theatre." He ordered the nearby nurse.

"Yes sir. I'll get to it."

The nurse pushed Jungah into the operating theatre under Mark's command. Minah grabbed onto Mark's arm as she cried.

"Is... Is eonni going to be alright?"

He sighed and patted her head.

"She will be. I'll make sure of it."

And with that, he entered the theatre.

Minah was going to sit down when one of the nurses came to them.

"Who's the family of Ms Jo? Come with me to get her papers done."

"I'll do it, you sit here." Jinyoung said.

 

---

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter