•30•

Marital Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is everyone accounted for?" Jinyoung called out to the heads of the departments that were tagging along in the retreat.

Everyone turned to take count and the department heads nodded at him.

"Let's go, then!"

People slowly piled up the bus after leaving their luggage in the compartment below. Jungah pulled her luggage towards the bus, but Minah stopped her.

"I'll do it."

She nodded in gratitude and waited at the side for her sister.

Jinyoung watched the siblings quietly. Saeri came over and stood next to him.

"Mr Park, thanks for organising this retreat."

He tore his gaze away from the Jo girls and smiled at Saeri.

"No problem. I did what I could to let you guys relax."

 

Minah was done and held Jungah's hand. They turned and wanted to go up the bus when they saw Saeri talking to Jinyoung.

Jungah's brows furrowed but she ignored them. Minah noticed her sister's actions and snickered to herself.

The older Jo grabbed onto the railings as she climbed up the bus. Minah smiled to herself and turned to Jinyoung's direction.

"Oppa! Aren't you getting on?"

He broke away from the conversation and jogged over to her. Jungah was already on board and Minah climbed on before him. He followed her up and saw the older Jo sitting alone at the back, looking out the window.

"Go sit next to her." Minah whispered. "I'll sit behind you guys."

He gave her a shocked look and she winked at him. When he didn't budge, she pushed him over and forced him to sit down.

Jungah whipped her head around and saw Jinyoung beside her.

"Why are you sitting here? Get up."

"Eonni, it's okay. I'm pretty sure you guys have work stuff to discuss. I'll sit behind." Minah spoke enthusiastically. "Wake me up when we reached."

Jinyoung glanced at Jungah, when she realised he was looking at her, she rolled her eyes and looked out the window.

Saeri was the last to board the bus. She wanted to sit with Jinyoung but she was too late. She went down the aisle and when she noticed that the seat next to him was occupied.

Minah noticed Saeri staring at her sister and ex-brother-in-law. She cleared and Saeri looked at her.

"The bus' about to move, sit down."

 

---

 

Jinyoung fell asleep and opened his eyes when the bus went over a bump. The others fell asleep during the long ride. He got up and saw Minah typing away on her mobile, with a smile on her face.

He sat back down and yawned. He turned to Jungah and saw her nodding in her sleep. He watched her and saw her scrunch her nose. He smiled to himself and shook his head.

He inched his hand up and gently brought her head down onto his shoulder.

Out of habit, she snuggled closer to him and hugged his arm.

Jinyoung felt his heart speed up.

"Sleep well, Jung."

 

Saeri glanced around at the sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter