BONUS: Elo & Jean

I Can't Stay But Please, Love Me

It was the first Christmas after our trip in Korea. I wanted to go back and celebrate with my friends back there but even they told me it wouldn't be worth anything because they had shows lined up for the whole holiday season. Doesn't it stink when you're a performer and you live by entertaining people even during holidays?! . I wanted to be there at Loco's birthday but I guess I can't do it this year.

 
Well, anyway. The reason I'm putting this entry up is because I had a very nice story to share to you people.
 
I have a friend. Let's call her... Jane.
 
You see... She's this very adventurous woman. She is the better person if you compare us. She has done everything a person might have already experienced: alcohol, smoke, , booze (but she stopped. She's clean. I promise). Everything. She's not the type to play around with romantic relationships but she already had a few. There were already times when she already played with men, too. But who hasn't, right? (I haven't!)
 
So anyway...
 
It was almost Christmas and her family was going to celebrate with us. In the Philippines, they take Christmas celebrations too seriously. Like... REALLY SERIOUS. I think this country is the only one that celebrates it once September starts until January ends. I'm not even joking. You can hear people greeting you a merry Christmas as soon as September 5th! And they'll still greet you until January 25th, and that's my birthday! But nevertheless, that's what makes the holidays fun in this country. 
 
On the 24th of December, Christmas Eve. Jane's family was already at my house from the early morning. We already set up the Christmas tree and was helping in preparing the food for the feast. Ever since my dad died, it's been a tradition for our families to celebrate together. If David's family comes home during Christmas season, they usually celebrate with us as well. And yes. This year, he's with us also. But David has recently suffered an injury and all he could is sit in the den and share stories with my brother and his 2 cousins who are already in highschool.
 
At around 8pm, just when we were starting to set up the table before counting down to the change of day, I received a call from a friend. I'll call him Taemin in this story (no. Not Shinee's Taemin). He told me our plans were good and that he was on his way. That gave me so much excitement. Not just for me, but for Jane as well.
 
I looked through the door to the kitchen and I saw her transferring the roasted chicken to a platter. It was almost time and she still did not know what was about to come. She walked out to the dining area and set up the platter in the middle. "Well, that's it. All that's left is the clock striking 12," she said looking at me. I could only smile back at her. How lucky am I to have a bestfriend who knows a lot about cooking. I know how to cook myself but not as good as her. She removed her apron and invited me to hang out in the den with David.
 
"I know David will be happy with what I got for him," she said as she walked past him to the other sofa.
 
"What is it exactly?" asked David. "I saw the gifts under the tree."
 
"It's a surprise. I seldom get you anything so I am not spoiling the surprise," smiled Jane.
 
"You said so," said David. "I wasn't able to get you girls anything really special but I hope you still like what I got."
 
"That's fine, oppa," I said. I wasn't able to buy Jane a gift," I laughed.
 
"What?! Unbelievable," said Jane raising an eyebrow.
 
"Believe it, noona. She didn't buy you anything," said Juno from across the room.
 
"Is this another joke, Hana?!" she sternly told me.
 
"Of course it is!" I said defending myself. "I have a gift for you. But it's a much bigger surprise than what you think."
 
"Come on. Christmas isn't about gifts, girls," said David.
 
"It's about the thought. And I know you'll love me after tonight,": I said sticking my tongue out at my bestfriend.
 
Soon, we were left with nothing else to do but wait till dinner. Our parents were at the den telling us stories from their days. I found it interesting because it mentioned a lot about my father. But I was also on my phone waiting for messages from Taemin. But then my phone beeped.
 
"I'm almost there. I think/ It says so on the GPS," read Taemin's message.
 
And that was my cue.
 
I called everyone's attention and made them gather in the den. "Since it's only 30 minutes left until Christmas day, why don't we start giving gifts?" I asked. And to my luck, everyone agreed. And so we proceeded.
 
To my biggest surprise, Jean gave me a frame with a picture collage of ourselves in it featuring our photos from our South Korea trip in it. "I love you to the Philippines, China, South Korea, the moon and back! Merry Christmas!" it read on the back.
 
Jane might as well be my richest friend in the whole wide world but she never gave me material gifts. She would always think of memorable and sentimental gifts to give me. She once gave me a scrapbook she worked on herself filled with our memories together back in highschool. And because she is an arts major, she once gave me a portrait of myself she painted on her own. She also once gave me a pair of sneakers which she painted the words "BEST FRIEND" on. And to my surprise, she had the same one, too!
 
I approached her just as she finished handing her gift to Lisa, David's cousin. I hugged her and almost cried. "Thank you so much for this gift, Jane. I love it!"I said right into her ears.
 
I felt her smile as she hugged me back. "This year has been the best year in our fangirl life, Hana. I want you to always look back at it because your dreams have started to become reality. And I'm glad that I'm part of your road to success. That's how much I love you," she said.
 
"I'm sorry I couldn't give you anything memorable this year but that beannie you said you always wanted," I said as I let her go. "But I looked everywhere for that and it costed so much!"
 
Jane just laughed at me as she touched the beannie on her head. "I don't know why you even bought it. I just said I liked it. I could always create my own," she said. "But thank you."
 
I felt my phone vibrate once again and saw Taemin calling. I answered it without hesitation, even though Jane was still in front of me. "It's the house with the blue mailbox right? I'm already in front of your door. You left the gate open," he said.
 
"I left it open just for you," I said smiling. Jane looked at me puzzled. I ended the call and smiled at her. "I have one more gift for you though," I said before running to the door to open it.
 
Everyone else looked at me as I opened the door. We weren't expecting any more visitors so they were all curious. My mom even asked where I was going. I opened it full until it crashed on the wall. There was Taemin standing outside, a bag behind him, a box in his hands. He blinked twice before speaking.
 
"Uhm... Hello. Merry Christmas," he said in his very poor English skills as he bowed.
 
Jane recognized our visitor and dropped her jaw. "Taemin?" she said.
 
"Jane," he said nervously. "Uhm... I brought you a gift."

I smiled to myself and saw David do the same to me. I then saw our parents smiling as well. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo," my mom greeted Taemin as she walked closer to him. "Come in, come in. It's cold outside. Any friend of Jane's is welcome inside my home," she said grabbing his arm and pulling him inside, me closing the door after them.
 
Taemin stopped in front of Jane and stretched his arms out to give the box he was carrying to her. "Merry Christmas, Jane," he said with a smile. "I hope it's all right to barge into your party like this," he said in Korean.
 
Jane looked up at him and gave an assuring smile. "It's fine, as long as it's you," she said taking the box in one hand then hugging him with the other.
 
Taemin hugged her, too and buried his face in the crook of her neck. "I missed you," he said.
 
"You are the greatest gift I got this Christmas," Jane said in his ear.
 
"And I plan to stay that way. I love you, Jane," Taemin finally said.
 
Jane let him go and cupped his face in her hands. "What did you just say?" she asked, eyes looking straight into his.
 
"I said I love you. I'm sorry if I'm an inconsiderate fool. I'm sorry if I didn't know how to react when you told me your feelings. I wasn't used to it. I didn't know what I felt back then," said Taemin. "I knew I made you feel like I needed you and I really did. I just didn't know how to say it. When you left, I knew it was you I needed because there seemed to be this hole in my heart that was only going to be filled by you. I love  you."
 
"Oh Taemin," said Jane. "You were an inconsiderate fool. You were downright heartless the day I met you. You made me feel so giddy inside but you always had this dark aura. I love you as well. And no. I am not joking anymore."
 
"And I thought you started liking Code Kusnt hyung already," frowned Taemin.
 
"Really?! Don't, Taemin-ah. He's just a friend," answered Jean.
 
"Really?" he asked.
 
"Totally," she answered confidently.
 
"Merry Christmas," smiled Taemin.
 
Jane gave him a peck and instantly froze. "Merry Christmas, too, Taemin. Merry Christmas," she said hugging him and burying her face in his chest.
 
I was standing next to David and sighed happily. "Did you plan this?" asked David.
 
"Sort of," I answered not looking at him.
 
"Then why didn't you ask Sunghwa to come with him?" he asked.
 
~
 
"I DID NOT ASK YOU THAT!" Debi shouted at Hana.
 
"Come on! This is my story. I can add anything I want," Hana said sticking her tongue out at them as she hugged her laptop, protecting her made up fanfic from the hands of her friends.
 
"Why did you name him Taemin? He doesn't even come close to that guy from Shinee," laughed Simon D.
 
"Now that's what you call being heartless," laughed Uglyduck.
 
"Don't tell me you'll put that on your blog," said Debi pointing at her.
 
"I was thinking of that actually. But I felt like there was something missing," smiled Hana with pride.
 
"You should have put that part where Jean was crying," laughed Elo.
 
"She really did?" asked Jay.
 
"She was crying all throughout dinner!" said Hana in English and in pure delight.
 
"What?! I was just overwhelmed that he would fly out to the Philippines just to be with me during Christmas," said Jean.
 
"And now, Hana's back here in Korea to celebrate her birthday with Gray. How sweet," said Pumkin.
 
"Shouldn't you be the one flying to her and be all sweet and whatever you want to call it?" asked Uglyduck.
 
"I would have if your boss didn't want me to finish those songs for Loco, Elo and himself," defended Gray.
 
"Hey hey hey. I'm your boss, too," smiled Jay as he watched Gray reach for Uglyduck's beard.
 
The two girls are back in Korea to celebrate Hana's birthday which was 3 days away. And of course, what better way to celebrate than spending time with the goofballs from AOMG, right?
 
"So... Are you two gonna get married already or something?" Loco asked Jean.
 
"WHAT?!" she reacted instantly.
 
"I was just asking," said Loco raising his hands before pushing the door open.
 
They were all out of Dudart when Elo said with a smile, "I was planning to get married to her even before Gray hyung proposes to Hana."
 
"I bet you'll win, Elo," smiled Debi.
 
= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =
 
Hi guys!!!
 
I added this chapter as a bonus. We never really got to see how Jean and Elo's relationship progressed but in the back of my mind, I really wished they ended up together. I hope this answers all of your questions now. :D Thank you! ppyong~