= 6 =

I Can't Stay But Please, Love Me

Debi was inside the airport at the receiving area waiting for his friend. Owen stood uncomfortably beside him as he raised a banner for his friend to see. They were getting weird stares from the people around them, especially Owen and his tattoos.

"I hope she arrives real soon. I'm getting tired of the people who look at us like we killed someone," said Owen.

"Just a few more minutes. What if they just had a hard time collecting their bags?" asked Debi.

"David, it's not like they brought their whole closet here," said Owen rolling his eyes at him.

"Well, Hana is the type to bring her whole library anywhere," said Debi. "She loves books." Owen just rolled his eyes again in surrender.

"Omo. DAVID OPPA!"

Debi heard someone scream his name among the crowd coming through. He saw a dark brown-haired girl in a big white shirt and jeans wave at him with a backpack and purple luggage. She was beside a short-haired girl in jeans and red shirt. She, too, only had a backpack and luggage.

"I thought you said she was the type to bring her whole library?" said Owen sneering.

"Oh. You haven't seen anything yet. "It's what's inside that would scare you," said Debi as he approached the girls who were now walking towards them.

"Welcome back to Korea, Hana!" greeted Debi as he hugged her.

"It's good to be here again," she said in his arms. "I missed you!" hugging him tightly.

"I missed you, too. Hello, Jean," said Debi smiling at Jean who looked at the two in front of her. "This is my friend, Owen," said Debi as he broke the hug with Hana. "I know you know him."

"Of course, I do!" said Hana.

The two bowed to Owen and exchanged introductions. Turns out that Owen and Hana have been talking to each other through SNS before which Debi knew nothing about. They walked towards the car waiting outside, the men carrying the girls' luggage.

The two girls walked behind following them. Owen couldn't help but whisper to Debi. "Man, why didn't you tell me you had a friend that's as beautiful as her?" he said.

"I first met her when she was a kid and she didn't look anything like that. And besides, why should I tell you? You've been chatting with her. You should've at least looked at her photos," teased Debi. Owen nudged his arm smiling to himself.

They drove the two girls to their hotel in the heart of Seoul. They just dropped their bags and Debi invited them for dinner. Jean was glad that both Debi and Owen spoke English. She is a quarter Chinese-Filipino but learned Korean because of her bestfriend and because her love for Korean music. However, she has always been comfortable in English. Unlike Hana who can speak in 5 different languages.

Debi and Hana have been friends since she was 14. Hana's family came to visit Korea. She got lost in the middle of Hongdae. Debi was just about to enter military service then and he luckily saw Hana and helped her reunite with her family. They've kept in touch ever since. Debi also has Filipino relatives so whenever he'd visit the Philippines, they would meet up.

"So what do you plan to do tomorrow?" asked Debi while preparing the pork to grill.

"Well, we wanted to go to Myeongdong. Jean's excited to see the shops there," said Hana.

"Do you want me to go with you?" offered Debi.

"Are you sure? We plan to go in the morning. And I know you're not going to wake up early," said Hana matter-of-factly.

"Well, I can sleep once I get home tonight," said Debi.

"Ho! I just really hope you wake up early, oppa," laughed Hana as he hugged Debi's arm.

"What else are you going to do?" asked Owen butting in as the two did skinship.

"I wanted to walk around Han River. But we have an interview at 11am," said Jean.

"With who?" said Owen.

"AOMG," she answered.

"Wow. AOMG. Jinjja?" asked Debi.

"Nae. They said yes to my message," answered Hana.

"How? Facebook? Are you even sure it was them?" asked Debi.

"Yes. In their message, Jay said he followed me on Twitter. When we looked, he did!" exclaimed Hana. "I've been sending updates to him there, too."

"Wow. Jay Park. Chukkahae dongsaeng," smiled Debi.

"When will you interview me?" smirked Owen.

"Hmm.. I don't know. Just tell me when you guys are free and we'll do it. We're going to do it as a video," said Hana.

"Let's do it Saturday, then," Debi said looking at Owen, the other nodding.

"Okay! That's amazing! We wanted to go to Namsan Tower that afternoon. Can you go with us?" said Jean.

"We can't. We have a show that night and we have to do mic check and the stuff," said Owen.

"Aww.. Too bad," pouted Hana.

"Don't worry. I'll make it up to you on Monday. I promise," smiled Debi at her.