= 23 =

I Can't Stay But Please, Love Me

"What exactly happened to you and Gray? Why did David oppa get that mad?" asked Jean taking her jeans off.

"He hugged me," answered Hana opening her laptop.

"What?! He hugged you?! And David went crazy?" said Jean standing up, her hands on her waist.

"Well, he hugged me and," she answered turning around to face Jean. "He wasn't letting me go and he touched my chin," she continued.

"And David went crazy?! You are not telling me something," said Jean.

"You know David oppa. He's always so protective of me," Hana said.

"I give up. Next thing I know, you and Gray would've already kissed," said Jean raising her hands in the air.

"We didn't. And it won't happen."

"Are you flirting with him, Hana?!"

"What?! No!"

"Then why is he so attached to you?!"

"I don't know. You know me. I'm just really friendly."

"I'm seeing something else."

"What are you talking about?! Jean. Stop it. I'm not flirting with him."

"You should listen to yourself. It's obvious you like him."

"Coming from someone who's flirting with a guy named Elo."

"What the..."

"I see you, Jean. The next thing I see you two do is have in this room."

"I can't believe you just said that! Me and Elo are flirting but that's that. No emotions. We can have in this room if we wanted to. But it ends there."

"You're doing it worse than me then."

"I may want something to happen between us but it's not gonna be as painful as it would be to you."

"What are you talking about? Why me?!"

"Why you?! Because unlike me and Elo who are just doing this for fun, you... You obviously like Gray."

"Don't tell me you don't like Elo. Come on."

"I don't. The guy's just as lonely as I am. Once we leave, I'm gonna be over him. You know me. But you... You're never gonna get Gray out of your system."

"But I don't like him!"

"You do."

" you, Jean."

"No. you, Hana. Why are you denying it? Because you know you're not gonna be ending up with him anyway?! Then go tell the ing bastard! Don't let the two of you fall for each other. Do it as early as now so no one cries in the end."

"Have you and Elo talked like that?"

"Yes."

"Whatever."

"Why are you being so stubborn, Hana?!"

"David oppa told me it's fine."

"To fall for Gray?! Would you stop and think, Hana. It's never gonna be fine if you two end up together. I thought you were smart enough to understand that."

"Why are you so affected with me liking Gray?! Are you jealous?! Do you want him all for yourself?!"

"What the hell?! Me?! Jealous?! I can't believe you, Kim Hana!"

"Just leave us alone, will you!"

"You just freaking told me that you do like Gray! How can I leave you alone?!"

"Please, Jean. I know what I'm doing."

"Oh, really?! Wow."

"Just stop!"

"Hey! I'm just looking out for you."

Hana stood up and took one of her sweaters from her bed. She took her phone and wallet from the table and walked to the door.

"Where the hell are you going?!" asked Jean.

"A long walk before I choose to strangle you," said Hana closing the door after her.

Jean was left there, furious, her hand on her waist. "What the hell is her problem?!" she shouted.

She finished dressing up and tried to sleep. It was already past midnight and she was worried where Hana would have gone. It was a cold night and even in Korea, the dark night wasn't safe.

She got up and decided to use Hana's laptop which she left open before she stormed out of their hotel room. She would just use it to send her a message through Facebook asking where she was and tell her to go home as soon as possible.

She saw Hana's Twitter still up and there was a message. From @callmeGRAY. She read the message as far before as she can. "These two have been flirting on Twitter, eh?! I can't believe you, Hana. you, Lee Sungwoo," she said as her eyes furrowed in annoyance.

But their recent exchange was most intriguing to her. They were talking while Owen took them back to the hotel after the Rapbeat Show.

GRAY: I'm sorry, Hana.
HANA: No, it's fine, oppa. Let's just talk about it some other time.
GRAY: I really wanted to talk to you after the show. But you left.
HANA: It was better that way, I think.
GRAY: Can we talk now, please?
HANA: I don't like talking about personal things on SNS. I'm sorry.
GRAY: Then I'll come to you.

And it ended there. "They must have been talking before we argued," Jean thought to herself.

She got up from her seat and grabbed a sweater, dashing out of the room and down to the lobby. She walked around and saw no one. She looked at the parking area in front of the hotel. She couldn't see them either. She thought she remembered what Gray's car looked like, but she didn't see it either.

"I just really hope you're together now. Please bring her back soon," said Jean hugging herself in the night breeze.