= 47 =

I Can't Stay But Please, Love Me

"What are you doing?" asked Hana as she peeked into Gray's kitchen.

Elo turned around and saw her. He was talking with Gray and Loco at the kitchen counter beside the sink. "We just put the rice in the cooker," answered Elo.

"Oh. I see. All right. I'll be making my food then," said Hana skipping into the kitchen, finding the ingredients she bought on top of the counter.

"Want me to help you?" asked Loco as he leaned closer to her.

"Sure. It's fine with me," answered Hana.

"You know, Hana," said Elo. "You shouldn't wear shorts in front of Gray hyung. That's his weakness," he continued with a smirk. Loco smiled along with him.

" you," said Gray as he grabbed an apron from a cabinet below the counter. "Use this," he said reaching his hand out to Hana. The girl reached for it with a smile.

Elo nudged Loco and signaled him to follow him to the den where the others were. "Why?" asked Loco.

"So the two could talk," answered Elo.

"But I want to help Hana. I'm hungry," said Loco. Elo only rolled his eyes at him and walked along. Loco was unable to do anything else but follow him.

"Where's Gray? Hana?" asked Simon D.

"They're doing magic together," said Elo as he grabbed a Pringles can.

Simon D's eyes shot open at Elo's statement. Even Loco had to stop in his tracks. "What the do you mean?" asked Simon D.

Elo looked at him as he munched on a chip. "Nothing," he said with a smirk.

"That sounded so wrong," smiled Loco as he covered his mouth.

"I did not expect you to be the one dropping ert jokes, Mintaek," said Jay. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing. You are all erts. What made you think of those things?" said Elo. Simon D stood up from the sofa and raised his hand to hit Elo's head but he stepped back to avoid him. "Hana's cooking and Gray's helping her. They're doing magic. You know, cooking," he said grinning.

"It wasn't funny," said Uglyduck. "Give back that can!" he shouted at Elo.

Meanwhile, inside the kitchen...

"Do you really know how to cook?" asked Hana as she watched Gray crack eggs into a bowl.

"Not really," he answered shyly.

"How does your sister live with you?" she asked shaking her head with a smile, placing a pan onto the stove.

Gray's kitchen was big for someone who lived alone. A counter top spread across one wall with the sink and stove on it.The other side was occupied by a floor and wall cabinet and the refrigerator. There was a table and 2 chairs at the corner near the door. Jay put all the other things they bought on it. Gray had most of the necessary tools inside the kitchen, probably because of his sister. Hana was struck at how organized everything were in the kitchen.

"Did you have fun at the party, Hana?" asked Gray as he beat the eggs.

"Oh yes. It was so fun. It was such an honor to have met Bigbang and Xin and everyone else," she answered smiling as she poured a little oil into the pan.

"Are you going to accept Xin's offer? Modeling for him might give you a break. You're beautiful," said Gray. He pushed the bowl nearer her. He picked up the trash from around the chopping board they worked on and threw them in the trash bin.

"What if I do accept his offer? He said I'll be going to America often since the photo shoots are gonna be there, especially for the magazines," she said. Gray just hummed as he took a cleaning cloth from the rack near the sink. "What are you going to do about it?" asked Hana.

She didn't look at him. She poured the onions into the pan and started to saute. Gray froze. "What do you mean? Am I supposed to do anything?" he asked. He wiped the counter clean and put the bowls Hana used for the onions and tomatoes which were all now in the pan.

"I don't know," she mumbled as she took the can of tuna and poured it into the pan as well. "I just thought that maybe you'd miss me," she said smiling to herself.

Gray saw it though, how her lips formed into a faint smile. His heart fluttered. He continued to wipe the counter unable to answer to her last statement. She wants him to miss her. That means something right? Should he be happy now that she gave him a clue? It's vague but he wanted to hold on to it.

"Oppa, why don't you bring plates or bowls to the den while I finish up here?' said Hana not looking at him.