= 41 =

I Can't Stay But Please, Love Me

"What got into you?" Simon D asked Hana.

"Nothing. Is it bad to ask my papa to dance?" she answered.

"Why not Gray?" the older inquired. Hana looked away and opened to answer. Simon D continued to talk. "Tiffany? Don't mind her. She's no one. She just tries to make herself look cool with hanging out with us. No one actually likes her. We're just being nice since their fans are crazy," he said.

"And Jessi?" asked Hana looking straight into Simon D's eyes.

"Are you jealous of her?" he asked.

"Just tell me. What is she to him?" she asked.

Simom D stopped swaying and just held onto Hana closely into a hug. "Don't mind her as well. Gray does not like her. He's into you, baby girl," he said. Hana shot him a long surprised look. "Shoot. She does not know," he thought to himself. "What?! It's obvious he likes you," he said.

Hana hit his arm in mock and hugged him. "Thank you, papa," she said.

"You're welcome, baby girl," he said touching her chin and looking straight into her eyes. "Gray is so lucky to have you," he said.

Gray approached them and tapped Simon D's shoulder. He looked around and saw Gray with a raised eyebrow. Simon D let go of Hana. "Can I have this dance, hyung?" asked Gray.

"Oh sure, you can," answered his hyung giving him her hand. He walked away after then doing a high-five with Jay and Loco.

Gray pulled Hana farther into the middle of the crowd. He wanted everyone to see who he's with. Jay does not own the girl he sang with. She was his. Hana only looked at him as she followed. Because of her heels, she stood at eye-level with Gray. As she put a hand on one of his shoulders, Hana leaned closer to his ear and whispered, "Remind me to wear lower heels the next time we go out like this."

Gray only smiled and said a faint OK before holding her waist. They swayed unable to take their eyes off each other. Hana felt her heart beat faster but did her best not to show it. However, she kept on pursing her lips together, careful not to bite them. Gray kept on smiling proudly thinking at how lucky he was to be this close to Hana. "You really look good tonight," he said.

"I already heard that a lot of times. Thank you," she smiled.

"I'm not joking," said Gray.

"I didn't say you were," said Hana. "So, what happened to Jessi-ssi?" she asked.

"I don't know. Probably with Tiffany-ssi right now," he answered.

"I thought you two were dating," said Hana uneasily.

Gray smiled thinking that she's interested in him. "No, were not," he answered. "Why would you think I was dating someone else if I kissed you?" he asked looking straight at her.

Hana looked down and bit her lips. "I... I just thought so," she mumbled.

Gray would feel so happy whenever he saw Hana bite her lips. He let go of Hana's hand and touched her chin. She made her look at him. "I don't know if you know that you bite your lips whenever you blush but please, don't stop. I like it," he said.

Hana blinked twice. His face was so close to hers. She looked to her left, sliding her chin away from his fingers. "I... I didn't know," she said. She was starting to go stiff as he felt Gray pull her closer to his body.

"Can I ask you something, Hana?" he said almost in a whisper. She just looked at him waiting. "Do you... Do you love me, too?" Hana's eyes opened wide and locked them with his. was slightly open. He was frowning and a hint of regret flashed through his face. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," he said.

Hana let out a deep sigh and relaxed herself. She lifted her other hand and laced it with the other behind his neck. Gray was now the one going stiff, his heart beating faster than how it was the first minute they were dancing, even faster than when he asked his question. "Oppa... How many girls have you asked that line to?" she asked.

"Uhm... I don't... Just... Just you? I don't know..." he tried to explain. "I... I'm sorry."

"Don't be," said Hana reassuring him. "But I'm sorry. I can't answer that question."

"Hana. I just want to know."

"And what difference will it make if I say I love you as well? Can we get married tomorrow? Can you stay right beside me all the time? No."

"I don't care about what the future is going to bring us, Hana. I just want to know if you love me, too."

"Please, oppa. Let's not even go that far."

"I can go as far as I can just for you."

Hana let go of him and took a step back. She shook her head lightly and looked down. "Don't do this to me. Please," she said.

Gray stepped closer and took one of her hands. "Don't do this to me as well, Hana. I can't stay beside you. You can't stay with me. But please. All I ask from you is to love me," he said holding her hand across his chest.

His eyes shouted awe, sadness and hope. It hurt Hana to keep her stare at him. She pulled her hand away and said, "Please. Not here."