Call Me Baby

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

He gives me back my phone and winks at me while he says: "Call me baby." Then he walks off and I'm sure my mouth is hanging wide open from shock. Where did that even come from? Plus he's still wearing my snapback. I don't know what to do. I have his number now, but it's so weird. He's messing with my mind while remaining cute at the same time. Who is he even? Ugh, he's everything I want and more. But I'm not going to let him know that. I try to play it cool and join them all again. Lay has moved on to Kai and I try to converse with Sehun a bit. 

"You like to take pictures?" he asks me in his best possible English. 

I smile a little before answering. "Yeah, I'm an amateur though. But I love capturing moments and things. I've seen you do the same thing too!" 

"I love taking pictures too. I always try to get the guys all in one but they always refuse. I love filming too. That's why I wanted to make a road movie like Chen did when we went to the beach!" he tells me with a lot of enthusiasm. 

"Yours was so good too!" I say to him and his face lights up like the fourth of July, as they say. 

"You're a very nice girl, Ella", he smiles and pats my shoulder. 

We talk a little more before moving to the vans again. It's getting late and the boys need to be up soon. Their days always start really early. I don't get to see them until later tomorrow afternoon. So I can, for a change, sleep in. I'm not used to that at all. But I'm not used to being here too. I may or may not be jet-lagged. I will find out soon enough. 

When we get back to the vans we decide to stick to the earlier arrangements and get in the same vans once again. That means I'm trapped inside the same confined space as Yixing again. My heart is going to collapse during these 14 days of Korea. And 14 days of Lay. He makes my heart do crazy things without even doing anything at all. And I know, I liked him before even knowing him. And I only know him for a few hours now. But so far he has lived up to every expectation I ever had of him. He's even better than I could've ever dreamed of. It makes me so crazy even thinking about being here. Dreams do come true. And even if I have to leave soon, this is something that's mine. Something I can tell my friends, family and later even my grandchildren. They won't believe me, but it's something that's etched in my heart and mind. And no matter how crazy I get, or how demented I get, this is something I will always remember. Because the heart never forgets something like this. 

We all get back in the van. And it seems like there still isn't any room for me to sit. I look around a little bit dazed as Yixing pats his lap again and motions for me to sit on it again. I give a little, shy smile and climb in again. I'm in the same spot as I was a few hours ago. But this time he isn't sleeping. It looks like he's wide awake. But I'm the one feeling sleepy now. 

"It's okay for you to sleep", he tells me, seeing the sleepy look on my face. 

I turn around a little to place my head in the nape of his neck and try to sit comfortably and it works, it really works. He's like a life sized pillow. I fall asleep in an instant. I smell his faint scent of lavender and something musky. I like it. At some point I even feel a hand my hair and I feel Lay putting his head to rest against mine. I totally doze off. 

"Wake up, you", I hear someone whisper and I try to open my eyes. 

As I look up I stare into some familiar brown eyes. They are watching me very carefully and they are really kind. Lay is looking out for me. Then I try to look around a little and I see all of the others sleeping too. 

"I'm going to take you upstairs and let them sleep some more..." he tells me before dragging me out of the van. "They need their sleep too."

We walk inside and towards the elevator. Gosh, I hate those things now. I never ever thought I would be getting into an elevator with Zhang Yixing, the center of my being, the best dancer in EXO, the one I've rejected a lot of guys for. Yes, he's always been the reference guy. If anyone wanted to date me they had to live up to his expectations and none of them ever did. So I don't date them. 

"Did you sleep alright?" he asks me while searching for my eyes. 

"Yeah, you're really soft..." I mumble, hoping he didn't hear it. 

"A human pillow, huh?" he jokes and takes my hand. "I'm glad you got some rest. You seemed very tired too. Your flight was very long and you must be jet-lagged." 

"Yeah... I got to sleep a lot on the flight, but it wasn't enough. I hardly slept the night before because I was too excited. As you can see, I kind of love sleep and need it very much", I smile while still looking at the way he's holding my hand. 

He gives it another squeeze before letting go and I instantly miss his warmth. It feels very cold without him touching my hand. As if by just one touch, he can warm me up entirely. It's not even making sense. I don't know what this is. He's so kind. But is he this kind to everyone? Because in interviews it seems like that. He always worries over everyone and is always taking care of his friends and fans. It pains me not knowing these things. 

"We're here", he says when the doors of the elevator open again. 

We get out and walk toward my door. It's not that far from the elevator in the first place. And this is the only time I ever wished it would be farther away. Just so he could stay longer, that we could talk for a longer period. But I have to think of him too. He has to get up in a few hours and start practicing again. His life is a roller coaster and I don't know if this is a ride I can take. 

"Don't forget to send me that picture okay?" he asks me before I open the door. 

I turn around to face him again after opening the door and he's so close. I can feel his breath on my skin, his warmth is radiating off him. 

"I'll try", I mumble again. 

"I'll hold on to this one a little more", he points at the snapback and I smile. 

"It looks better on you anyways", I tell him and his smile is so wide I can actually see his dimples. 

"I doubt that..." he suddenly says in a very serious tone. "Good night, Ella." He leans in and kisses me on the cheek before walking towards the elevator again. When he reaches it he turns around once again to look at me. I smile and try to wave a little. He does the same and then gets in. I collapse to the floor the moment the doors shut. I try to shut mine while still being on the floor. My legs just won't cooperate with me. I'm so done. My head is spinning, my heart is pounding, my vision is blurring. Am I having a heart attack? These are the common signs for having one. I don't know what's happening. 

After a few moments I try to stand again. This time my legs work and they get me all the way to the bedroom. I take out my laptop and transfer all my pictures to it. I scan through them some more and they turned out really great. All of them seem so happy. Genuinely happy. And that makes me happy. Thinking that I was a part of that makes my heart hurt a little bit. And then I come across the one of me and Yixing again. It takes me back to the scene in front of my door a few minutes ago. What is he even doing? He gave me his number so I can send him the picture... And then what? What's going to happen after that? Is he going to message me back? Are we going to have a conversation. I'm so confused. 

I transfer that one picture to my phone and tap on a new conversation with Yixing. Or should I say Unicorn? Why did he even put it in there like that? He's really funny. I send the picture, then realizing he could be asleep already. Maybe I woke him up? I wish I could stop the message but it's too late. 

'Thank you. That's a really cute picture of us! All because of the person standing next to me!' and some very cute emoji's is what is returned to me. 

'Thanks for the compliment, but the cuteness of that picture is all thanks to you!' I send back. Hoping I'm not coming on too strong. 

'You're kidding me right?'

'No, but really, thank you Lay.' 

'Call me Yixing. All my friends do.'

'I'm your friend now?'

'Yes, as I told you before. You're interesting.' 

I don't know what to tell him so I just stare at my phone for a while. And then another picture is sent to me. 

'Still keeping this hostage!' attached is a picture of my snapback. 

'Keep it.'

'I'll give you something way better in return. Good night, Ella.' is all he says before I fall asleep behind my computer and cell phone. 

I dream of useless things. Of Yixing and EXO. About how I don't want to return to my home. I want to stay here forever and just be with them. With him. But then I see Amalia's face and my parents' faces and I know I need to turn back at one point. I wake up, with a heavy pain in my heart. I hate how much I want to stay here, but how much I miss home too. And that's when I realize this must be it for the boys too. They very rarely get to go back to their homes too. They don't get to see their families a lot and that must hurt too. I feel for them as I fall asleep once again. In a beautiful dream with Yixing who's holding me as I sleep.