Us Against The World

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

Ella's POV

"I have some business with you", I say while coming in the practice room.

For the first time since they've been training under me they're actually on time. Looking around I count them and they're all here. It seems they're acting all innocent.

"What have we done?" Han Bin asks like a true leader.

"You know what this is about. Giving out my address and plotting something behind my back is a definite no-no. There are boundries..." I sigh and look them all in the eye one by one.

Chanwoo is sweating like a freak. And we haven't even started yet. He's such an honest dude. He can't lie to anyone.

"What's wrong Chanwoo?" I stand in front of him.

"N-n-nothing?" he almost asks me.

"Chanwoo..." Bobby warns him.

"Bobby, shut up. What's wrong Chanwoo?"

"Fine! It was Junhoe's idea! We picked up Yixing after the EXO performance and worked out a plan!" he spills the beans.

"Chanwoo!" Junhoe complains.

I smile at them. They're like little kids.

"It's okay. Don't ever do it again. But I'll let it slide for this time..."

"Does that mean everything turned out okay?" Yunhyeong asks me.

"Yeah. But for now let's focus on this dance. Your debut is next month and you're nowhere near ready. Next week we're shooting 5 video's. We have to nail this", I appoint them to their places.

We start our routine and they don't talk until noon. The day flies by. And I realize I still have his number. But he doesn't have mine. I want to send him something. But I'm afraid it's going to be weird. 

"What's wrong?" Han Bin sits next to me and sees me staring at my phone.

"I don't know if I should text him or not..." I let it slip.

"Just do it. He'll appreciate it", he pats my back.

"Who is the older one here again?" I joke.

He smiles and I go back to my phone and text him, asking if he's okay. I hope he doesn't think I'm being too clingy or something. I just hope he answers me. Soon. The sooner, the better. To be honest, I just want to call him. But that would be going too fast way too soon.

Yixing's POV

Stepping on set again, but this time my smile is genuine. I don't care who sees. They can all know how happy I am at this point in my life. It will raise questions, but I don mind at all. Everyone is looking at me funny. I haven't smiled for over a month now. They must all think I am crazy.

 

"What's gotten into you?" Suho is the first one to tackle the question.

"Well, I met up with the guys from iKON last night. That was a blast!" I tell them without revealing too much.

"That must've been one heck of a night!" Baekhyun stands next to me, slapping my back.

"I haven't seen you smile like that since..." Chanyeol starts but he doesn't finish.

"You can say it, you know? It's okay", I smile.

"That's it, he has lost his mind. Someone call the doctor!" Tao starts screaming.

"Did someone call for me?" Sehun turns the corner and joins the conversation.

"Dude, it's clear he called for me..." Kai is right behind him.

"Everyone knows I'm the real doctor here", Chen rolls his eyes.

Xiumin just smiles as he joins us.

"Shut up, I'm the only doctor here", Kyungsoo says and everyone just shuts up about it. He really knows how to make people listen to him.

"So, what happened to make you this happy last night?" Kyungsoo asks me.

"I don't know if I should tell you this..." I start but Chanyeol doesn't let me finish.

"We're your brothers! Don't be like that!" He yells at me.

"Fine. I met up with Ella last night. Thanks to iKON. You guys should see where they put her, SM I mean. It's such a ty apartment on the outskirts of town. But she made it look so presentable, somehow. But long story short, I think I've got her back. For real this time", I know I must be shining brighter than the sun at this point.

"Dude! That's amazing! I miss her so much, though. Do you think she wants to see us?" Tao starts as Suho just looks worried.

"What's up Suho?" I ask with growing concern.

"I don't want you to throw your career away, that's all. I love Ella. You know that. But the president was very clear... I want you to be happy, is this what is takes?" he's earnest. He always is. That's why he is such a great leader. I know how much effort he put into debuting and he's not going to give this up just like that. He's concerned I will. But SM won't have any choice in the matter. I won't quit that easily.

"Just you wait. Fans are starting to like her because I look miserable without her. They told me they're willing to take her in if it makes me happy. The president can't argue with that kind of good press..." I reassure him.

"I just hope you're right. I'm happy you're happy though", he hugs me a little.

We go on with our shooting and move to the KBS studio's to do some pre-recording for tonight's performance. After this it's already noon. We sit down for some food at the studio's and it's amazing food. I just wish I could share it with Ella. Suddenly my phone vibrates. I look at it and see a strange number.

'How has your day been? X Ella", it says.

Finally, I have her number once again. I've been itching to call her all morning, but then I realized I don't have her number anymore. She changed it right after our break-up. I'm smiling like a fool while I'm thinking about actually calling her.

Ella's POV

I get a phone call. I pick up and hear his voice. It has only been a few hours but I have missed it so much. I didn't realize how much of an impact he actually has on me. I pick up the phone call.

"I've been wanting to call you all morning", he says to me and I smile. iKON is busy with some game, so I have time.

"Why didn't you?" I ask suspiciously.

"I didn't have your number anymore, remember?" he reminds me about me changing my number.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry I didn't think of that..."

"It's fine", he starts but is interrupted.

"Is that Ella? Say hi to her! And tell her we miss her!" I hear Tao say.

"Ehm, I kinda told the guys?" he tells with a little tinge of fear.

"It's okay. Tell them I miss them too! We should meet somewhere in the future", I smile because the guys haven't forgotten about me at all. I can hear them all in the background, bickering about who gets to talk to me. I hear the phone switching to someone.

"Hi, there", Kyungsoo tells me. "Shut up, this is my phone now", is what he tells the others.

"Hey, Kyungsoo. Haven't changed a bit, I see", I joke and he laughs quietly.

"Did Kyungsoo just laugh?" I hear Chanyeol say in disbelief.

"So what if I did?" he threatens Chanyeol.

"Haha, I hope to see you do this in real life soon enough!" I say again.

"You will. We won't let you get away another time, okay?" he assures me.

"I have to go now, can you put Yixing on one last time?" I ask and he does after telling me goodbye once more.

"Is it okay if I come over again this night?" he asks me, unsure.

"Yeah, we've been apart for way too long", I confess and he chuckles. He's so adorable when he does this kind of thing.

"See you tonight, beautiful", he says before he hangs up.

"That must've been one hell of a phone call!" Bobby jokes as I get up.

I look in the mirror and see I am as red as a tomato. Yixing always makes me feel this kind of way. I try to tone it down, but it only gets worse. They won't stop teasing me about it. But I'll teach them.

"The first one to laugh gets to run laps around the building. And this is one tall building if you ask me..." I don't even joke. They stand still and try to supress their laughter. Of course they're a little scared since the president gave me the right to punish them when needed. And am I going to do just that.

"From the top once again!" I shout as I put on the music.

It's late at night and Junhoe is driving me home again. After seeing where I live he really doesn't let me go home by subway again. He says it's way too dangerous for a pretty, young woman to be out this late. I could be , you know... But he does have a point. It's scary this late and I don't want to get hurt. I'm really grateful for him being like this. He delivers me home and goes back himself.

I climb my stairs and find someone sitting on my porch. Yixing is sitting with his knees up, hugging himself.

"I thought you were never going to come home", he says, shivering because of the cold.

"How long have you been sitting here?! You must be so cold! Why didn't you call?" I open up the door and get him in quickly. The heater is on, so I drop him next to it, on a chair. I give him my scarf and try to warm him up.

"I've been here for an hour and a half... And my phone died on the way here", his teeth are going against each other. "You know what helps? Body heath..." he jokes.

"Come one", I say while dragging him to my bed. I pull of the scarf and his shirt. I push him on the bed and get in with him under the covers. I snuggle up against his chest, hoping this'll warm him up.

"I like this. I feel so much warmer", he tells me as he puts his arms around me to pull me closer.

"I'm sorry you had to wait like that..." I almost cry. I feel so guilty.

"Don't be so darn cute. I love it when you fuss over me. I'm fine. I didn't get hypothermia..." His hands brush over my back, pulling up my sweater for some skin contact. "You're always so smooth. Gosh, and you're so warm too. Maybe you should get out of those clothes so I get warmer."

I pull off my sweater and get closer to him, accepting his challenge. He is so flustered right now. A giggle escapes my mouth. His gaze drifts off to my bra. We both have been deprived of this for a while. I just love the way he makes me feel so self-aware and confident. I always have so much more courage when he's with me.

"Don't ever leave me again", he begs of me.

"I promise", I sigh before he kisses me, hard.

We make out for a while, more and more clothes ending up on the cold floor while we're getting closer and closer. One thing leads to another. He's being so affectionate and kisses me all over. Everywhere he leaves a trail, my body feels like it's on fire. His fingers find their way to me back as he lifts me up to get closer and closer. I put my nails into his back to relieve myself of some of this tension. He groans and it just turns me on more. And finally, I loose myself in his touch.

Afterwards we just fall asleep like that. I feel so safe in his arms. His strong arms keep me close to his body, so I can never get away again.

"I'll always be by your side, even if it's us against the world", I whisper as I fall back to sleep listening to his heartbeat.