Why So Serious?

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

"You look like you're going to faint any time soon, you sure you're okay?" He asks me after lifting my chin.

"I'm fine!" I wave it off and go one step back.

I can't stand to be so close to him. Not after having that kind of dream just a few minutes earlier. He has some kind of effect on me. And I'm not sure if I like it or not. I have to think it over some more.

"So, how was Amalia?" He asks me like it's normal to be in a girl her room this late.

"She's fine. I'm really lonely without her. I miss her so much. But it'll be okay..." I say while sitting down on a chair. I try not to sound as depressed as I feel, but I don't think I can fool Yixing that easily.

He sits down beside me and puts an arm around my shoulders. I lean in a bit and rest my head against his shoulder. I soak in the familiar scent.

"I can be her replacement over here?" He says softly.

I look up and see his sincere smile. He's always taking care of the people around him. It touches my heart like nothing else ever has. He wants to see me smile. And I give him that little smile. That makes him light up even more. My heart skips several beats.

"But you're not a girl", I .

"I can be, if you want me to?" He says and gets up.

He starts to act all girly and I laugh so hard. He is pretty good at it. He's the sweetest thing ever. He suddenly stands very still and just smiles.

"You're beautiful when you laugh and smile like that", he says and walks over to me again.

"Thank you", I say with a little voice.

"Oh, look who's embarrassed!" He jokes and slaps my arm.

"Hey! That hurt!" I say while rubbing the sore spot he just hit.

He leans over and kisses it. "That better?"

"Why are you always so sweet to everyone?" I blurt out.

"I was brought up to do so. My grandparents are really respectful and loving people. They always taught me to be respectful to people who deserve it the most. So I always give everyone one chance to prove themselves. And if they prove themselves worthy I will do everything I can to make them happy and smile. Just like I did now with you!" He says and claps his hands.

"Wow, you're grandparents are really something! I wish I could meet them one day..." I say more to myself but he hears me.

"I'm sure they'd like you too!" He says.

He looks a little sad when he talks about them. It's probably because he doesn't get to see them much due to busy schedules and all. I feel for him.

"So, did you get into trouble for staying over last night?" I ask.

"Kind of. Someone saw me coming in here. It was paparazzi. No one could find me when I left practise yesterday. It was weird. I didn't intend to spend the night here at all. But it ended up that way. Management preached me. I told them the truth and they understood. You see, we can't have girlfriends besides Baekhyun. It's crazy and stupid. But that's the contract we signed..." He explains. "But I think of you as such a good friend. We've become really close in such a short span of time. And to be honest..."

He stops there.

"What?" I ask in anticipation.

"If it wasn't for the contract I would have kissed you the day we first met", he says with such determination.

I just stand there, mouth wide open. I have never been more awake than now.

"What do you mean?" I inquire.

"Ever since you walked inside with that Lay sweater on and that cute SnapBack on I can't stop thinking about you. You're always in my mind. And I was totally going crazy last night when you were so sick. I wanted to help you. And it was a perfect excuse to be around you. I actually left my wallet here on purpose. So I could come back an retrieve it without having to make up an excuse for it. I enjoy your company so much..." He spills out.

I don't know what to do. I just look at him in awe. Why is he even telling me this? It's like he wants me to know and suffer with him. Knowing we can't do anything.

"You... Like.. Me?" I ask with an uncertain voice.

"Of course I do. Ella, look at you! You're a beautiful and talented young woman! You don't pretend to be someone else. You're kind and sweet to everyone around you. You even remind me a little of myself. All of EXO loves you! They never all like the same person! You dance so well and I'm sure you're an amazing writer too. What is there not to like?" He tells me while getting closer.

My face is lighting up. It has to be bright red by now. I don't know how to react to this. It is making me very nervous to think about everything he just said. He's admitting he likes me. And in a very Yixing way! I am so confused.

I get up and walk over to him. I have to hug him and I do so. He hugs me back and we don't say a word. It's okay like this. I don't have to respond to him. He knows how I feel. And ever if I tell him how I feel, this can never work. No one could ever know about it. And that is a huge strain on a relationship. Plus he has to go away all the time. I can't tie him down. Not now that he's at the top of his game. I have to let him be him.

"But no one said something about giving out dance lessons!" He suddenly says while letting go of me. "I will reserve a room for tomorrow in our building and we can dance together if you want!"

"That would be amazing Yixing... I'm looking forward to it", I smile a little and he caresses my cheek.

"Goodnight beautiful..." He kisses my cheek and is off again.

I watch him go, reluctantly. I hate to see his back when he's walking away from me. After he leaves I fall back on the floor. Today has been way too much for me to handle. I can't describe how it feels, but it doesn't feel like me somehow.

I lay back on the floor and stare at the ceiling. I look at the ornaments they put on it and try to memorise it so I don't have to think about anything else. Thinking is too tiring right now. I am taking dance lessons from Yixing tomorrow. How can that even be? But after all that has happened, this isn't supposed to be so weird anymore. I drag myself to my bed and get in without any further ado. I have to sleep now.

The next morning 
I wake up really early because I can't sleep anymore. I am too excited for us dancing later on. I still have to decide on what to wear. It has to be comfy, but I don't want to look like a hobo. I take everything out of my closet and settle on my Lay sweater again and some black trainer shorts. They look cute. I also take some spare clothes so I can change when I have to come back. It's almost time to leave, Yixing texted me the time and place last night. I go out the door, call my driver and he's ready to go. We leave for the S.M. entertainment building right away. When I get there I go to the floor Yixing told me to go to. I step out but there is no one there yet. I am early, but still, not that early. I look at my phone and see there is a message from
Yixing.

'I am going to be late, I am really sorry but promoting is running a little out of hand. I'll try to be there as soon as I can, promise.' Is what it says.

I get it. They are doing promotions and it's getting late. That's the life of a star, I guess. I put down my stuff and look for a docking station to put my iPod into to. I can get some practice in while I'm here alone anyway, can't I? And Yixing already reserved the room for us. I find the docking station and put it in. I have a lot of Kpop songs on there, but right now I am obsessed with BTS's new song: I need U. It's such an amazing song to dance to. And what they're singing is amazing too. And let's face it, BTS is freaking awesome in every single way. I know it's kind of wrong to play their music in the building of their opposing company but I don't care at this point. I put it on and let it flow through.

I start to dance along to the music. I invented my own choreo for this song. Because the one they have requires 7 people and I don't have that many people to accompany. I am alone now anyways. I dance to the song, I dance my heart out. I try not to look in the mirror. I don't care about how I look now, I just want to dance and dance for the time being. I sway around the room. It's good to be able to let go like this. I haven't done it since I left home a few days ago. I need this more than I could've ever imagined.

After the song ends I end up on the floor, out of breath and about to pass out. I put so much energy into this that I underestimated myself. I hear footsteps and someone clapping behind me and I roll over to see who it is. Yixing is clapping for me. That means he must've seen my dancing just now. Great, just when I thought I was alone. I don't even bother getting up. I am way too tired and I know I will actually pass out if I get up now.

"You saw the whole thing, right?" I ask him, knowing the answer.

"Not all of it. I walked in around the second chorus. Man, can you dance!" He exclaims.

I blush a little before turning back on my back and stare at the ceiling once again.

"Thanks, means a lot, coming from you", I say with a little smile.

I am so happy he's here. My heart is racing because he's in the same room. I wonder if his is too. He kind of confessed to me earlier. But still, he seems to be so in control of his feelings. I don't know how he does it. I admire him just for that.

"Are you going to stay on your back the whole time or are we going to dance too?" He asks me and sits beside me.

"Let's dance then", I get up and take his hand to pull him up too.

Instead he pulls me down and hovers over me. Knees and hands on both sides of my body. I look him in the eyes and he's smiling like a fool. I like this look on him. He seems so carefree. Not the kind of Yixing you see on those videos on YouTube or in interviews. No, the one you see in Go Fighting! The guy who makes my heart throb like this. I can't get anything out.

"Ella," he starts.

I just gasp and try not to pass out on him.

"Why so serious?" he smiles and gets up.