Adapting

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

I decide to get a shower before dinner is ready. I am very curious as to who is making it tonight. Probably Suho and Chen again. I am looking forward to it very much. I grab my stuff for the bathroom and a few towels I found in my closet. This'll have to do. It makes me very happy that I don't have to share this shower with the boys. They probably make such a mess out of it. And it would be very awkward if they were to walk in thinking I'm one of the guys and me being there all . That would be bad, very bad.

I try not to think about that stuff while showering. I don't need to be reminded of that stuff. I relax and just let the water run over me. I try singing 'Rain' by BTS. I still at the pronunciation of it, but it's gradually getting better as I go. I like the song a lot and the shower drops make me think of the rain. I hope no one hears me. I sound awful. No one wants to hear me sing. And they would probably laugh so hard if they heard my European Korean speaking. I still . After singing 'Rain' at least 3 times I decide it's time to get out. I've been in here for way too long. (3 times means half an hour, before I get the lyrics right every time and try to remember what comes next).

I put my towel on and go back to my room. There still is some distance between the bathroom and my room. But there's no one here so I should be fine. I slow down my pace and then I remember my phone is still in the bathroom. I sing 'I Need U' on the way back to grab it. Finally I can go back to my room. When I close the door and turn around I almost jump. Someone's standing in front of me. I grab my towel even harder so nothing is revealed. Why the hell did it have to be such a short towel???

"You were singing BTS!" The guy in front of me says.

"Yeah. And who are you?" I ask him.

He has his mouthpiece on so I don't immediately recognise him. He removes it and I almost drop my towel. IT IS FREAKING KIM TAEHYUNG!

"I believe you were singing the words to songs of my band", he smiles that rectangular smile.

"Oh god, I am meeting Kim Taehyung in a towel... Someone's going to have a field day back at home..." I sigh.

He chuckles and then I realise I just said that out loud. I am being very stupid at this point.

"Wait, are all of BTS here?" I suddenly ask.

"Yeah, EXO invited us over for dinner!"

"Why are you in my section of the dorms?"

"I heard Rain and had to come and see who was singing it so beautifully. It was a bit off with the pronunciation of it, but it sounded good! EXO didn't tell me they had such a beautiful girl living here!" He claps his hands and shakes his hair a bit.

His hair is that pink, purple colour it hasn't had for a while now. The colour I love on him. Yes, V is my bias in BTS. I never would've dreamed of meeting him here. And that is. I am literally not wearing anything underneath this.

Suddenly someone comes around the corner and I see Yixing. I am kind of relieved to see him. I just want to go and get changed because Tae is making me a little uncomfortable.

"Dinner is almost rea... What are you doing on this side, man?" Yixing says to Tae.

"Someone was singing BTS and I had to see it! I'm sorry! I'll be going back now. It was nice meeting you", he winks at me.

He walks away and I'm alone with Yixing again. He looks at me from head to toe and does that lip biting thing that is so y.

"You sure have guts!" He laughs.

"Why?"

"Meeting Taehyung like that. That guy was very interested..." His smile vanishes a little.

"Are you interested?" I ask, before I could stop myself.

He looks at me again. Then he raises and eyebrow at me. He smiles a little and gets closer.

"You know I am", he says and I can feel his breath on my cheek now.

"I should dress more like this it seems", I say in a playful tone.

"No you should not. I don't want anyone else to see you like this. A woman should not be a lustobject. She should be respected and cared for", damn him and his values.

Sometimes I'm so happy he has them, but this time I wanted him to act on his feelings. Not lecture me about standing in the hallway in nothing but a towel.

"This is my section of the building.. I can walk around with nothing but a towel on whenever I feel like it", I wink at him.

"Nothing but a towel, huh?" He remarks and seems to be lost in thought. He keeps staring at my towel as if he intends to see for himself.

"Want to check?" I joke.

He realizes that he's been staring and cleans up right after that. He stands up straight and coughs a little.

"Dinner will be ready in thirty."

He walks away from me, but I can see had some influence on him. I almost sink to the floor from humiliation and just because he makes me so weak in the knees. That guy can move a girl. I go inside my room and throw my stuff on my bed. I pick out some jeans and a crop top and my flip flops to walk around in. This is going to be one hell of a dinner. I am not even used to having 10 guys around me, let alone 17... Assuming everyone from BTS showed up for dinner. Which I think is a right assumption. Korean pop stars never shoot down an invitation to eat. Ever.

Once I'm ready I put on some light make up and my SnapBack, the one Yixing doesn't have. I walk out and try to find my way back to the kitchen, but this place is still like a maze to me. I try opening some doors, but I just stumble into the rooms of the boys. I kind of feel embarrassed. What if they'd been in their rooms and I just came barging in. I can't think about that now. I walk on. Then I hear voices coming from somewhere. My best guess is to follow those. They were probably all in the kitchen already, waiting for me. I bet they already started eating without me.

I walk inside a big room with a huge table. Someone is behind the counter-top, making dinner. The others are having fun while talking to each other. I grab my phone and take a picture of them all together like this. It's such a normal act for such famous boys. I like seeing it. I just hope no one saw me taking that picture. I look at the picture and zoom in a bit. ! I'm busted! Suga looked right into the camera when I was taking the picture! Damn! I hope he doesn't tell the others...

"I saw you, you know", he tells me and I blush a little.

"I'm so sorry... But it was such a normal scene. I had to have a picture...", I explain and he smiles a little.

"I get that. So you're Ella right?", he asks me and takes my hand to shake it. "I'm Suga, I don't know if you know me..."

"Why wouldn't I know you?! You're from BTS! Like my second favorite group! The first one is the one we're eating dinner with tonight", I giggle.

"Namjoooooooon! That's my food! Keep your dirty hands of off them!" I suddenly hear Suga yell at Namjoon. "I'm sorry but I have to make sure he doesn't eat my treats... It was very nice talking to you. You're such a sweet girl!" And then he runs back to his spot. 

I giggle some more and Xiumin is making his way over to me again. I smile and wave a little. He does the same. Really, is he the oldest one of the 10 of them? Could've fooled me. He looks so cute with his boyish grin and his kid moves. But I  know he can be very serious at times too. 

"Your first dinner with the 10 of us! Are you excited??" he asks me and I smile. "I'm very sorry about the other 7. They intend to show up sometimes." 

"It's nothing. I always wanted to meet them too! And yeah I am very excited. I hope the food is good!" I proclaim. 

"It's always good with us! Haven't you watched all of Showtime?" he jokes. 

"Yes I have! I am a very dedicated fan, you know..." 

"I know. It's fun to have you here... When the president told us we were going to have some company for the next months or so and that that person will document our every move to post online, a lot of us sighed. We didn't want some stranger to come in and spend all that time with us. But when I saw you standing behind him I was kind of relieved and happy at the same time. I am happy it's someone we all know a little and someone who's become really important for us!" he explains and blushed a little. 

"I'm happy you're happy. When the president asked me to do this job I was so excited but nervous at the same time because I didn't know how you'd all react to this. I didn't know if you guys even wanted me to do this..." I confess. 

"Why wouldn't we want you to do this?" Kai asks because the whole room had fallen silent during my little confession to Xiumin. 

I hadn't noticed that they were all staring and waiting for me to say something. Even the BTS boys. 

"I don't know... Maybe I'm pushing this friendship thing with you guys? Maybe you actually are getting annoyed with me... I don't know..." I whisper. 

"We love you! We wouldn't have wanted anyone else but you for this job!" Chanyeol pitches in. 

"Yeah! You're amazing and totally our friend!" Tao shouts. 

They all nod in agreement. 

"You seem like the only sane person besides me here..." Kyungsoo says and then all the others look at him with a are-you-kidding-me look. 

"That means a lot guys..." I almost cry. 

All my insecurities seem to vanish into thin air. They make me feel so good about myself. I love them for being this way. They never ever let you down... 

"Now, let's eat!" Baekhyun yells while serving the rice. 

I sit beside Jimin and Suho. Of course Tae and Baek are sitting next to each other, they love how they look alike. Everyone takes their serve of food and we all dig in. It's nice to have them all here. Everyone's laughing and just having a good time. They try to converse in English as much as they can. But sometimes they switch to Korean without even knowing it. These are the guys I love so much. They are a little family for me now. Even though it's only been a week, they mean so much to me. More than you can ever imagine. As I sit here and look at them I feel kind of proud. Proud that I can call myself a friend. Proud that they consider me that. Suho next to me is quiet too. He's enjoying his children having fun. He's beaming. Like a little ray of sunshine. It makes me even more happy. 

Even though adapting will be hard. For these guys, I'll do it without even thinking twice.