Welcome Back

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

Ella's POV

My bags are packed, I called a taxi and I'm ready to go. Yixing called me one last time to check if I'm okay while he's gone. If only he knew that I was coming over. EXO is so nice for giving me a ticket to join them. I'm still a bit worried about the president though. What if he finds out? I shouldn't be concerning myself with that right now. 

Ten minutes later a car honks and I go outside with my luggage. The driver helps me and I give him the address. He smiles and drives off. I'm so happy to go back to China. It's the place where we were the happiest. And the place where everything went to hell. But those few days at his place were the best of my life. That's something I should never forget. And I believe he feels the same about that. 

The driver drops me off and I go to the check-in. EXO is already in China by now. They left a few hours earlier. They gave me another ticket to make the surprise even bigger. I surf the web with my phone and get a call from Yixing. 

"Hi, babe. I'm in China now!" he kind of yells already. I can tell he's excited about this. It's been so long for him. Ever since the day we got separated. 

"Aww, baby. I'm so happy for you. You won't be able to contact me for the next few hours though. I have to work hard", I try to convince him. 

"I thought you had a few days off?" he asks me. 

"Yeah, but they called me in for an emergency", I lie once again. 

"Don't strain yourself too much, okay?" he tells me. How sweet is he? He's still so worried about me. And here I am, lying to him. But it's for the greater good. We'll be together in less than 4 hours! I can't wait.

"Our car is here, you'll call me when you're done?" he asks me. 

"Of course baby! I'll call you later. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" I say before I hang up. 

It's time for me to board the plane. I stand in line, give my passport and board the plane. It's going to be a boring few hours, but it's worth seeing him. My heart aches for his smile. My body aches for his touch. I'm so under his spell. It's become so much worse ever since got back together. 

I sit down and we leave the airport. Flying is kind of liberating. It always reminds me of being free. Being able to go wherever you want, whenever you want. I wish I was able to do that. But it's not like that anymore. I'm a grown up and have responsibilities. That's no joke. Somewhere into the flight I fall asleep and dream of the way things used to be, when I first got here. Life was so different. Wearing my EXO sweater and the snapback Yixing still owns. Being so scared of them because they wanted to see me so soon. If only I'd known what was going to happen. I'd never dreamed of any of this. So I can't say it's a dream come true. But it certainly is magical. After all the hurt there still is a little ray of sunshine. 

A stewardess wakes me up to tell me we're getting ready for touch down. I sit up straight and gather my things. When we touch down I'm so relieved. It's one of the things I hate the most, touching down. But I got through it. 

Getting my luggage takes ages, but in the end it's here and I can finally leave. I see someone standing with my name on a tag and I walk over. 

"Miss Olson?" he asks me and I nod. "Follow me. We're going to the stage first." 

I follow him and it kind of makes me miss Mr. Kim. He was always so nice to me. I will never forget him, ever. He drops me off and promises to take my luggage to the hotel and put everything in order. I thank him and give him a tip. He smiles one last time and is off. 

'I'm here, can someone come get me?' I text Baek. 

After a few minutes he emerges from the stadium and takes me inside. 

"It's really nice of you to do this", I tell him. 

"Anything for you two to be happy", he smiles and squeezes my hand in the progress. 

I'm being led down a tunnel and we suddenly get to the stage. He doesn't stop but he leaves me there. He walks back on and no one even sees me. Yixing is in the front, trying to nail the choreo. I stare at him for a moment before snapping back to reality. Tao waves a little and motions for me to go to him. 

I make sure to be quiet. The boys all smile behind his back. He's so concentrated when he's dancing. He doesn't even see or hear me coming. I smile at seeing him like this. When I'm right behind him I put my hands around his waist and he stiffens. He turns around in my embrace and looks down at me. A smile appears on his face as he cuddles me back. 

"What are you even doing here?!" he yells as he picks me up and twirls me around. 

"The boys arranged for me to come here as a surprise!" I say back, dizzy from all the spinning around, but feeling good because of his hands around my waist.

"I can't believe they did this for me", he puts me down and looks at his brothers. 

"You deserve this", Suho walks over and gives me a hug. 

"There's nothing we wouldn't do for you", Chanyeol joins in. 

Suddenly they're all around us and we're joking around. They take me all over the stage and tell me to join in with their performance. I do so and it's surprisingly fun. 

"Where are you staying?" Yixing asks me on their break. 

"At a hotel, the driver took my stuff there already", I smile as his fingers intertwine with mine. 

"No way, you're staying at my place. And that's the last I'll hear of it", he tells me as he pulls me closer. 

"Fine! I like your place a lot."

His smile grows with every second that passes. I cuddle up to him and we earn a lot of 'aaaah's from the rest of EXO. Even the staff wish us good luck with this. We both know the president will have heard of it when we get back. But it's okay, we'll face him together now. We can do this. We can make it work. 

Their day is still long so I decide to take a trip on the town. Maybe buy some new stuff. I don't really have anything Chinese, except for my boyfriend. A little laugh escapes my mouth and I walk on. It doesn't take me too long to get to town. It's still as amazing as last time. I remember being here with Yixing and just walking around like that. I pick up some food for the way and go into some clothing stores. It's not too expensive here, but I should still look out for too pricey things. I always tend to spend too much on clothing. 

After that I pick up some more food for the boys. I kind of know what they like now. They'll love me bringing food, they can always eat more. They love to eat. And knowing their schedule they will be working until really late tonight. Probably won't even have time to get food.  I really feel for them so I get some extra portions. My luggage has already been moved over to Yixing's place. I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Yixing's POV

"You guys are the best. For bringing her here", I smile at them as we take a break. 

Ella just went into town to get some things. She wanted to check it out some more since we didn't get to do it all last time. Something about China always fascinates her. I hope she's okay. And no one recognizes her, but that shouldn't be a problem now. 

"It's okay. You guys shouldn't be apart, it's been too long already", Kai smiles. 

"Besides, I missed her too", Tao confesses. 

He's been suffering too. He likes her as a sister. Someone who he could talk to about being a foreigner too. Not just me. 

"Of course you did. I wonder when she'll be back", Sehun remarks. 

"Yeah me too, I want us to spend some time with her too!" Xiumin says. 

It's become dark and she's still not back. I start to wonder but then she walks in while we're busy practicing lights and positions. She has a little bag with her. Something smells good. It's food! We all run up to her. 

"I thought you might be hungry", she smiles shyly. 

"She knows us better than anyone! You have chicken?" Kai asks her. 

"Extra portion for you", she smiles as she hands him the chicken and some other things. 

She got us all something different. Things she knows we like. I smile as I'm the last one she tends to. Everyone sits down in a circle and open up the packets of food she got for us. Everyone digs in but I wait for her to get her food too. She sits down next to me and we start together. It's nice, we feel like such a family. 

"I think Ella's our mother from now on, Kyungsoo", Chanyeol remarks. 

"You want to get hit?" he asks Chanyeol who shrinks into a smaller self. "But if anyone can become the second mother, it's Ella."

Ella smiles endearingly at her bunch of little kids while she enjoys her food as much as the rest of us. It's amazing food. It must've cost a fortune for her to get this for us. 

"Let me pay you back later", I tell her but she shakes her head. 

"Don't. It's my treat for them letting me come here", she lays down her cutlery. 

We're all done and Ella sits down between my legs. Her back is resting against my chest. My hands are around her waist. We sit there while conversing with the boys. It feels so relaxing. She keeps explaining things to the guys in Korean. She is so cute when she speaks Korean. It's almost better than mine though. 

"Let's switch to Korean from now on?" she asks us and we nod. 

I'd like to teach her Mandarin one day. But it's too early for that now. First let her speak Korean properly. I can tell she's really trying. Everyone switches to Korean. She's doing well. I hug her a little tighter and she smiles from the side. I kiss her neck a little and she slaps my leg. 

"Not here", she remarks as I snicker against her back. 

"Let's wrap things up for today", Suho says right on time. 

We clean up and I take her to my car. We drive to my place and she can finally enter through the front door. I turn on the lights and her eyes twinkle a little. It's clear she has missed this. 

"Welcome back", I tell her as she kisses me once again.