Like nobody's watching

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

I stay down a lite longer to collect my heart. It's scattered all over the floor. Yixing is arranging the music like nothing happened a few seconds ago. I, on the other hand, can't ignore it. My heart is beating so fast. I can't even keep up. I even feel a little sick. Ugh, get it together, Ella. You're not a high school girl anymore. You can control your emotions. You're an adult. But I don't feel like it.

"You getting up, or?" I hear Yixing ask me.

"Coming", I whisper, barely audible.

I get up and face him. He has his big smile on with his dimples. I try not to melt away. But it is so freaking hard to not just melt when he smiles like that.

"You can't smile like that, you know?" I joke.

He looks offended. "You don't like my smile?"

"I love it, that's why you can't smile like that", I pass back at him.

"Then how should I smile?" This time he does his devilish kind of smile. He knows what he's doing and he is doing it so right.

"Not like that, I swear to god..." I mumble and turn around so I can blush without him seeing it.

"If I can't smile like that, you can't wear shorts like that", he looks very serious when he says this.

"Why not?" Now it's my turn to smile like the devil herself.

"Oh you know what I mean", he squints his eyes while looking at me.

"Too bad" is all I can say back.

"Same for you then" and he smiles again.

He's such a tease. But then again, so am I. The fact that I know how he feels about me doesn't make this any easier. I can't be with him. No matter what. And that's hard. But I can make the best of this while I'm here. And I want to spend all of it with EXO and Yixing. They have become so important in such a short time span. We already did the interview. Tonight I'm going to work on the article for the paper back home. I want to do an amazing piece on these amazing people. I hope they read it eventually. I'll even translate it to English if they want. I just want them to be happy with what I wrote of them.

Yixing puts on 'My Lady' and looks at me again with that smug smile on his face. I'd like to wipe it off his face. And this song is perfect for that. It practically oozes of all the way through. I don't know how they released a song like that. But the choreo accompanying this dance kills me every time I see it. And Yixing is about to teach me the choreo.

"How about we make this some kind of couple dance?" He winks.

He knows that this is going to be the most sensual dance ever, still he suggests it. He wants to do this. This is not going to end well for either of us. And what if someone walks in? We kind of the excuse that we're practicing some new kind of dance. But still, it would look so wrong.

He teaches me the basic steps to the song up until the part we have to be in each other's arms. That's the first chorus. We kind of walk to each other during the first part of the song, only to end up in each other's arms when the chorus begins. Then he puts his arms around my waist and stands behind me. We make circles with our hips, the up and down kind, and he sings into my ear. I'm the object of this song. He releases me again when the chorus ends. We walk around on the rap part of the song and I stare into his eyes. When the chorus begins again we're on the ground, like the original choreo. But instead of dancing alone on the ground we roll over each other with certain moves. To make it even more sensual. What the hell? He suggests this. We need to do this over and over again because someone always messes up. I can't keep my head cool when we're this close and dancing. And I kind of think he's doing this on purpose because he seems to be enjoying himself.

We end with out palms against each other and he intertwines our fingers on the last note. I am so out of breath. We still need to do this one full time. And I don't know if I can handle it.

"Let's do it one more time? I think we can nail it this time!" He chimes and goes back to his iPod. He puts the song on again and we start again.

I float around, like a balloon. I try to keep it cool, but he keeps getting closer and close on purpose. This is not like the first time we were doing it. I feel the warmth of his body and I smell the sweat. This is a very intense song and dance, I'm sure I'm sweating too. I hope he doesn't mind me sweating all over him. But he has seen me puking and has cleaned up after me while I was doing that. So it can't get much worse that that. And to think he still likes me after all of that. He still wants to be my friend. And he confessed after all of that, not before. He really is something special. The first chorus ends again.

I try to keep up with him, and to be completely honest, I'm actually doing fine. I am weirdly doing a good job while being so nervous. Again, he seems to be enjoying himself way too much. And he has his y-dance-look on. He always seems so concentrated when he dances. He can go from hella cute to hella y when he dances. Is it even normal to do that? Ugh, I hate that side of him. Who am I even kidding? I love that side of him. I love every side of him. Wait, did I just realise something? Have I completely fallen for this guy? Have I lost my heart to him? Am I in love with him? I don't even know. He makes my heart race, my skin shiver, my blood boil. He strikes every nerve in my body, without even trying to do so. He has some kind of special power over me. Is this what they call love? I've never really been in love before so I wouldn't know love even if it hit me in the face. Is this the feeling I always read about in books and manga? Is this what I always wanted?

If it is, I'm overwhelmed. This is so much more than they ever described. This is something words can not explain. There is no word for it. Even 'love' doesn't seem right. It's meaningless without the actual feeling. I am so confused right now. And why the hell am I realising this while dancing with the guy I might be in love with? Even I fail we have to do it again. Maybe I want to do it again? Maybe I'm unconsciously undermining myself. I'm telling myself I don't want to do the dance again, but my subconscious mind may be telling me I want to do it again so I have to fail. This is way too psychological, but it kind of makes sense.

I stumble and fall. Literally, in front of his feet. He bends down and takes my hand in his, he looks concerned.

"Are you okay?" He asks me, but it's hard to hear while the music is still playing this loud.

"I'm sorry I ed it up..." I tell him, not wanting to get up just yet.

"I still don't know if you're okay..." He says.

"I'm fine. I have a healing unicorn right here beside me. Your touch has healed me from all my injuries", I try to smile as bright as I can.

"So you acknowledge me as a unicorn?" He says while lifting an eyebrow.

"Yes! You're a healing unicorn. I see now because I am healed!" I laugh.

He joins in. It's still such a beautiful sound. The sound he makes when he's comfortable with someone. I am honoured it's me. That he feels so at ease with me. And before I know it I'm staring at him. He stops what he's doing and stares back.

"I'm sorry", I say while getting up and getting my hand back.

He reluctantly lets go of my hand and just looks at me. I turn around and go to his iPod.

"Sorry, we'll have to do it again. Are you ready?" I ask.

"Whenever you are, Ella", he says and k love the way he says my name without even trying. His accent is so cute whenever he speaks English (which is all the time around me) but when he says my name it sounds special. Like he's taking good care of it. The way a boy should pronounce your name.

I put the song on again and we start again from the top. Somehow it's gotten even more intense than the last time. It's because we're both so aware of each other. We both know that there's something special going on but we can't react to it. It hurts and it's torture. But if that's what it takes to be close to him, I'd gladly do it. Whatever it takes to be with Yixing.

After the first chorus he almost doesn't want to let me go but he has to. We have to do
This dance at least once. We have to complete it. We both feel that way. We dance like it's necessary. Like it's air to our lungs, which it kind of is for the both of us. We're both people who have to dance to get their emotions across. So that's how we're speaking from now on.

The last part of the song begins and we're on the ground. We've never gotten this far before without stopping. We roll over and do our dance moves. It's more than anything I've ever seen or experienced. And it's kind of romantic too, in a way. I try not to it up again. And somehow I do it. None of us up. We both finish. He still has my hand in his, fingers intertwined. He doesn't let go, he just falls back. I end up on his chest and listen to his heartbeat. It's going so fast I can't even keep up. Is this because of me or the dance we just did? I hate second guessing it like that.

His breathing evens out and mine does too. His heart is some kind of lullaby. I love the sound of it. It makes me feel at ease. I hear him sigh and I look up. He's looking at me. I bet he's been looking at me all the time since I've been on his chest. I sit up and but my knees on both sides of him, kind of straddling him. He looks surprised but doesn't do anything to push me off. He just stays like that. In awe. And then we hear it. We hear hands clapping. We both sit up and turn around to face the door.

"That was an amazing performance. You really do dance like nobody's watching, don't you?"