Wo Ai Ni

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

I just stand there. I have no idea how to react to this. Why is she even here? Does she visit here often?

"I'm Ella Olson", I tell her in an attempt to be nice.

"I know", she tells me, looking straight into her eyes.

She's not particularly beautiful, she's normal. But she has great eyes. They pop out when you look at her. I stare at my feet a little. I feel uncomfortable around this girl.

"So, what are you doing here?" I ask her because I really want to know why she would be here.

"I check in on his grandparents from time to time. He asked me to do so while he was away." She steps closer. I step back.

"Baby! What's taking you so long?!" Yixing says while stepping outside.

His jaw drops when he sees who I'm talking with. I step closer to him to make sure I'm calm.

"Why are you here?" He asks her, taking my hand in his. I felt so good with that little gesture he made.

They stare at each other for a while. He seems to be a little mad or something while looking at her. She is smug until she sees out joint hands. Her expression turns sour.

"Checking in", she answers quickly.

"I told you I would be coming, so you have no need to be here", his tone had changed to a formal one.

"I was found out then." She throws her hands up in the air as a sign of defeat. I look at the both of them. It's hard to picture them dating or anything. They suddenly switch to dialect. I can't understand a thing.

Yixing's POV

We switch to dialect because I don't want Ella to hear all of this. I am boiling inside. This girl makes me so mad from time to time. It has been such a long time since we dated, but she actslike it was just yesterday.

"Shin, there really is no need for you to be here. Go home", I tell her while pulling Ella a little closer. I know she must be so confused by all of this.

"You look so cozy. Do your grandparents approve of her? Because she is not Chinese after all..." she starts. She always does this.

"They approve. They know how happy we are and they gave their blessings a few minutes ago actually." I lift my head a little more, holding it high.

I see her expression change for just a second. I know I'm hurting her by saying this. She always waits for me to come back to her. But this is it for me. Ella is the one I want to spend my life with. I look over at my girl.

"Get out, please? This is the last time I'll see you. After this we're totally done. You don't even have to come look after my grandparents. I've talked to my dad, he's moving back here." I look her in the eye while saying it.

"Fine. Goodbye then Yixing. Take care. You can always come back to me", she tells me while waving a little.

"I won't."

Ella's POV

Lee Shin walks away while Yixing leans in for a little peck on my lips. I kiss him back, but he has some explaining to do.

"What was that?" I ask while pulling back.

"I just told her to never come here again. I should've done it a long time ago", he tells me while cupping my face with one hand. I lean into his touch, it's so soft. My heart speeds up.

"What about your grandparents?" I ask, concerned about those lovely people.

"Dad is coming back to look after them, finally."

I look up at his face, he has a smile on his lips. Yixing seems so happy here, I love it. We intertwine our fingers and take a little walk. This place is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. It makes me happy too. We skip sometimes and we go so slow sometimes. After a little while we sit down in a grass field and just look over the vast fields in front of us. He is always close to me, hugging me from the back. I can feel his heartbeat. It has become so normal to me. My heart beats to the time of his.

"It must've been so nice growing up here", I whisper, afraid to disturb nature.

"It was nice as a kid, but when I became a teenager it was so bad. I didn't have any reception or friends close by", he laughed at the memory.

"That must've been quite the sight", I laughed with him, imagining little Yixing being a rebel.

He is such a nice person and takes care of those around him. I can just see him taking care of his grandparents like a grown up. I turn around to look at his face and see his eyes are closed. He must be imagining something really good because he has the biggest smile on his face.

"Stop gaping at me", he says, his eyes still closed.

I giggle at him. "I'm not!"

"I can feel your breath on my face", he chuckles.

He is so right and I'm being so obvious. But he mesmerizes me. All I want to do all day is look at his face, hear is voice and feel his touch. It's kind of obsessive, but I can't help myself. My prince is sitting here with me, in a grass field.

After a while we lie down. I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep to the rising and falling of it. He soothes me in some kind of way no one else in this world can. How could we ever have been separated. He is my everything. No wonder I was doing so bad back then. Good thing he conspired with the boys from iKON. She actually liked how those fools brought them back together.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks me as he my hair.

"Just us", I smile against his shirt.

Yixing's POV

I am so nervous. Never have I ever been so nervous in my life. Not even when I go on stage. Not even that first time. My heart must be beating so fast, but she doesn't mention it. She lays on my chest, just like the little angel she is. I want to keep her here forever. And somehow she makes me feel at ease too. I know this will turn out right.

We look at the clouds and point out some shapes. She even sees a sheep somewhere and says it's me. That must be fate. I don't see the sheep anywhere, but it's a matter of perspective. The only thing I'm able to see is hearts and love things. Does that mean something? I try not to think about it that much, it'll drive me crazy in the end. But it's not the perfect moment just yet.

Ella's POV

"That one looks like a rabbit!" I yell out looking at his face. He laughs out loud. It's the most beautiful sound in the world.

"No it does not!" he tells back at me, trying to copy how I just acted.

I acted like I was mad at him and turned my back towards him. He was not getting away with this.

"Oh, baby! Sorry!" He tries and I try not to smile like a fool. He can just make me so happy when he wants to.

"Nope, not buying it at all", I pout and don't look at him at all. I'll lose it the second I look into his eyes. 

"Tell me what I have to do in order for you to forgive me then", he whispers into my ear. My whole body shivers. He's making ual comments now?

"Not that in any case!" I say and look at the tree to our right.

"Well, I may have something that'll make it alright", he says and I'm kind of curious. "But you'll have to keep your eyes shut for now okay?"

"Of course."

I close my eyes, excited as to what will be happening. I feel him getting up from the ground. He walks around me and stops. Then he does something I can't hear.

"Hold them closed for just a little longer", he whispers. I really wonder why.

"Yixing?" I can't hear him anymore and it worries me. It's been a long time since I last heard him.

"Open them."

I open my eyes and they adjust to the lighting again. Then Yixing comes into view. He's sitting on one knee and has something in his hands. When I see what it is I gasp loudly.

"No way..." I choke out.

"Yes. Just hear me out, okay?" he asks of me.

"Uhu", is all I manage to say. If you can even call that talking.

"I love you, more than anyone in this world. I've been carrying this ring with me ever since we broke up. I always promised myself that when we got back together I would propose to you so you would never run away again. You have my heart, ever since you stepped into that practice room it has been this way. It only beats for you. And I told you you'd get something in return for that snapback. Something way better. This was what I had in mind for you", he showed me the ring. It was so beautiful, not huge or new. An heirloom for sure. "Will you marry me?"

I burst out into tears as I nod yes. I want this more than anything in the world. This guy makes me the happiest and luckiest girl ever. And he just proposed to me in the cutest way ever. He takes me into his arms and slides the ring over my finger. It fits just right.

"I was worried it might not fit because this is my grandmother's engagement ring. But would you look at that. It fits like a glove", he tells me and I cry even more.

His grandparents have already done so much for us. I can't keep it all in anymore and let the tears stream even harder while kissing his lips.

"Wo ai ni", I tell him, which means 'I love you' in Mandarin.