Heartbeat

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

Yixing's POV

A sound wakes me up from my peaceful slumber. A bit disoriented, I look around and find Ella still in my firm grip. She's safe, that's all what matters. I her hair gently and she moans into my shirt. Her eyes open a little as she squints to look at me. Then a smile creeps across her face. She lifts herself up to peck my lips but I keep her there and kiss her passionately. 

"That's one hell of a way to wake someone up", she giggles. 

I love her giggle. It makes her seems so young and childish. Everything she hardly is around people. Part of me thinks she thinks she has to be strong for others. I want her to let loose and just be herself, not just around me. But around everyone. She would have such an easier life like that. She's been through too much. 

"What's up?" she pulls her eyebrows together into a deep frown as she studies my face. 

"Nothing. You shouldn't worry this much, that's all", I kiss her forehead, hoping to make the frown disappear. It works and she smiles once again. "I don't ever want to see you not smile ever again." 

"What's gotten into you?" she pushes me away in a playful manner. 

"You", I stick my tongue out and reach over to grab my phone. 

I look at the time and I'm shocked it's already this late. It's time for me to go once again. Man, I wish I could stay by her side all day long. Watch her teach those punks from iKON how to behave. I just know they're giving her a hard time. They're still so young. 

"What time is it?" she asks, too lazy to grab her own phone. 

"7:30..." 

"WHAT?" she jumps out of bed and into some clothes she found on the floor. 

"Huh?" I'm confused. 

"I have to be there in half an hour! Or they'll laugh at me! Gosh, I trained them to be on time.. And now I'm going to be the one who's too late.. The irony is not lost on me", she mumbles more to herself than anyone else. 

"Chill, I'll take you with my car. It's parked a few blocks over. You'll be there in 10", I smile and she relaxes. 

"Let's leave right now then", she pulls me out of bed and throws my clothes at me. 

Never have I ever dressed this fast in my life. We're out of the door in no time. We're very cautious so no one sees us. It's her choice, not mine. I just want to show her to the world already. But she needs time. I get that. And what if the president finds out? He won't be able to hurt us like he did before. I promised her. And she did say it's us against the world. 

We get to the building in no time. She pecks me on the lips and thanks me before wanting to storm out of the door. 

"Wait! Can I come again tonight?" I ask her, hopeful. 

"We have our night out with some people of the staff tonight... Maybe after?" she looks troubled. I get it. She has her job too. 

"Fine. Text me and I'll come over!" I promise her, which earns me a smile and she's off. 

God, this girl is making me crazier with every second we spend like this. 

Ella's POV

I walk in, just in time. The boys are actually waiting for me at this point. They give me suggestive looks. I roll my eyes and drop my things in the corner of the room. The door behind me opens and I hear all of the guys stand up and greet the person. This person taps me on the shoulder and I turn around and gasp. It's Taeyang. I hug him as he smiles. The rest of Big Bang walk in behind him. We all exchange hugs and pleasantries. 

"What are you guys even doing here?" I ask in awe as we all sit down on the floor. 

"We're making a little stop before heading to Australia", GD smiles. I swear, it lights up the whole room. 

Seungri comes over and asks me to go somewhere with him. I obey and follow him outside the practice room. It's rather chilly here and I shiver. He gives me his coat and I smile as a thank you. 

"The boys and I are worried about you. We actually came to check up on you. But you seem to be doing much better", he smiles a little at his last words. 

"Yeah. It's going much better", I look down at my feet. Seungri was the one who found me all broken and having a panic attack. He's been so worried since. He was the only one I messaged back. 

"We saw him dropping you off. Does this mean you're back together?" he asks as he takes my hand. I leave it there, not wanting to upset him. 

"Kind of. He came to me and I couldn't refuse. He doesn't care about SM anymore and neither do I. The fans are even on board with this..." I look up and see his look soften. 

People make him out to be this big playboy. But he is such an honest guy. He has never ever lied to me and has tried his best to cheer me up. Being a good friend is worth so much and he knows that. He's always taking care of s, even if he is the maknae. 

"I'm happy you're happy again", he smiles again and hugs me a little before releasing me. 

His hand stays in mine as we walk inside. We let go and I shrug his jacket off to give it back to him. He takes it, but doesn't put it on just yet. The boys are sitting in a circle, enjoying the company of their elders. Time flies by and they leave just as fast as they came. Taeyang asks me is everything is okay and I reassure him I'm fine. GD actually wants to check up on me during his break, but I reassure him not to. They need to get going or they'll be late. 

"Now, let's get to it", I chime and they don't even complain. 

The lessons have become so much more fun since I've been this happy. It seems like the world has become so much brighter. The boys have noticed too and they don't even give me a hard time anymore. It's like they've grown up too. It necessary to be grown up in this business, but you have to keep some childish sense too. Or you'll never survive these companies. Just look at SHINee, they're the perfect example of a group who knows how to deal with a company. They just don't give a . I admire that about them. 

"You're going out with the other dancers from MADE right?" Han Bin asks me as we sit down to rest and cool down. 

"Yeah. They're only here for one night. I need to make the most of it!" I smile and he nods. 

"Maybe we'll see you at the club?" 

"Maybe!" 

They leave, one by one, and I'm by myself. I dress into something fancier than usual. I have this is my locker so I don't have to go home. I have already showered, of course. Make-up goes smoothly and before I know it I'm outside, calling for a cab. 

"Wanna catch a ride with us? We're coming with the dancers", GD screams from his car. 

I shrug and get into the car, squeezing next to Seungri, who is already against Taeyang. 

"You need a bigger car Jijong", I complain. 

"You don't like sitting this close to me?" Seungri teases. 

", I don't like being this close to you!" Taeyang screams and throws his hands up in defeat after Seungri tries to plant a kiss on his cheek. 

"These guys..." Daesung complains from the front seat. 

"Say, where is TOP?" I'm curious to know. 

"He's meeting us there", Seungri explains. 

I nod and we drive on. Seungri keeps me busy with all of the he says. He's actually really funny. We get out of the car and the valet drives it around back. The crew is waiting for us outside as Big Bang leads us in, the private entrance. We have a VIP room and it's nice. I don't plan on staying very long. I know Yixing will be waiting for me to send a text for him to come. There's nothing more I want than to feel him with me again. Maybe just a few drinks and a dance or two. I have enough money for a cab drive home. Big Bang is paying for everything here, so. 

"You enjoying yourself?" someone of the dance crew asks me. I recognize her. She's Seoyun. The girl Taeyang had to dance with. 

I see him stealing glances at her from the side. Seems like there's something that hasn't quite finished yet, going on. I giggle and we talk for a little more. Fay is here too and I'm so glad to see her. The new Monsta X comes on. Hero, my favorite track on their album. I drag some girls downstairs, Seungri and Taeyang follow us down as we dance in the crowd. We let loose. I already drank a little too much. I'm a light weight when it comes to drinking. 

Seungri keeps close so no other guy can dance with me. He hates other guys touching me, I get that. I hate it too. There's only one who can do that. Yixing. Wait, I need to go home. Now. I want to see him so bad. I need him. I start making my way outside and Seungri follows. 

"What the hell are you doing, Ella?" he asks me in disbelief. 

"I need to go home. I'm sorry. Uhm, cab..." I mumble. 

"I'll drive you, if it's this urgent..." he still has GD's keys. He texts him he's taking me home. I kind of feel guilty for him leaving the party because of me. The car comes around and he helps me inside. Being outside even made it worse. I feel more drunk than 5 seconds ago. Gosh, how am I going to explain this to Yixing? Yixing, I need him. 

I fish my phone out of my pocket and text him. 

'Going home now, meet me there in 10', I text. 

'I'll be there in 5', he texts and I smile. It was so fast! 

Seungri turns into my street later rather than sooner. I want to get out right away but something is blocking me. Oh, it's my seat belt. When did I put that on? Or did Seungri do this? 

"Seungriiiii. I can't get this off..." I slur my words. 

"Wait, I'll come around to your door", he gets out and in mere seconds my door opens. 

"Here", he says as he catches me as I fall loose. 

"Sorry, I'm such a mess. Help me up?" I ask and obliges. 

We go up the stairs, which is not an easy feat when you're drunk. When did I drink this much? How long has it been? I've lost a little weight, which is why I can't hold my liquor. 

"I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to the rest of the group..." I say, depressed.

"You didn't leave me any choice. And don't pout. Oh god", he complains. "I'll tell them you said goodbye. Now, come on. One more floor."

I let him support me. We get to my floor and there's someone standing in front of my door. I look up and he does the same. My heart beats faster and I let go of Seungri to run to him. He catches me before the floor does and supports me. 

"Yixing!" I almost yell.

"Shhht. I'm here, it's okay", he assures me. "Thank you for bringing her home safely." He nods at Seungri and takes my keys from me. 

"Protect her, okay?" Seungri asks of him. 

"Until the very last heartbeat", Yixing says and everything goes black.