Go Fighting

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

He takes me with him for a walk. It's been a while for him so he doesn't want to take the car the company send for us. He sends our bags to the hotel and grabs my arm. He drags me along until we get to a little place.

"I always come here when I touch down", he smiles and the owner comes up to us.

She recognizes Yixing and they talk for a little before she leaves us alone again. I see him stealing glances outside. It must be good for him to be back home.

"She's getting us something to drink", he explains to me.

"That's fine. It's cute here", I smile at his wide grin.

"It is. How I've missed it..." he sighs as he puts his chin on top of his folded hands.

"I can only imagine", I sigh too.

"Well, you kind of know. You're from Europe. I'm sure you miss it too..." he looks into my eyes.

"Yeah, I miss my parents and Amalia. But not really the country itself. I've never been one to stay there... I've always wanted to move to another country and live my life there. I guess my dream has come true for a little while", I explain.

"You're something else", he jokes as the lady comes back with some tea.

Yixing knows how much I love tea. It totally makes my day that he ordered some for me. He's come to know me pretty well and it shows how much he pays attention to the little things. I always make a cup of tea before heading to bed. He always mocks me but also thinks it's good for my health. He appreciates how I take care of myself because he does the same thing for himself.

"Hmm, this is so good", I say as I take another sip.

"That's why I come here. It's kind of a second home. It reminds me of the place I was born", he stares out he window. I wish I could see what he's seeing right now.

We sit there for a little while until he realizes how late it is. We have to get back to the hotel. But he still wants to show me downtown Beijing. And we won't have time tomorrow because he has to film another episode of 'Go Fighting'.

It's almost as if Yixing doesn't care about being seen with me over here. I constantly have to remind him we're in public and he has to keep his hands to himself. He always wants to give me little kisses or take my hand. But if someone was to see us, it would be over. I always shake him off. I wish I didn't have to. Because it makes me happy that he wants to be with me like this. But it's for his own good.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so happy to be back. I want to just be me here. Us. But I guess it's no different", he shakes his head but then smiles at me.

I get where he's coming from. But we can't do stuff like this. He takes me past some amazing buildings. He shows me lots of traditional things. Even the students who live here. They seem so free. But Beijing is independent from China's government. It's not like this everywhere. Yixing seems so relaxed while he explains these things to me. I know how happy he is to be sharing this with me. He's been going on about it for the past few days. Everyday. Every second of it too. I smile because my heart just keeps on skipping beats. He is hot when he's happy.

"I guess it's time for you to go to the hotel..." he says as he looks at his feet.

"You're not coming with me?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"No, I have an apartment here", he tells me while digging out his keys. "It's not too far from where you're at. But I can't take you with me tonight because there'll be lots of fans outside..."

He seems a little down now. I get it. It's our first night in his home country but we can't even spend it together like a normal couple.

"It's okay. It's just for the night", I smile.

"I'll walk you home", he brushes past me without looking. What's going on here? Is he mad at me or something?

"Yixing?" I start but then someone hears me. She looks up and sees him. His eyes widen in shock as he grabs my hand and starts running. We know what's coming next. It's always the same. I look behind me as Yixing drags me along. There's a lot of fans running after us. And they don't seem too tired. I'm puffing as it is. Yixing speeds up and goes around corners and crosses streets. A huge building comes into sight and he drags me around back. Someone opens the back gate for us. We take the elevator up and he takes out his keys. He unlocks the door and we're here.

"Well, we ended up at your place eventually", I try to joke while catching my breath.

"You shouldn't have said my name so loud, but yeah. I'm not even mad about it", he smiles as he comes closer.

"I can't stay here. They'll start to suspect", I start but he kisses me and makes me weak in the knees.

"No one saw us enter", is his reply between kisses. "Stay. Tonight."

I give in while he's kissing my neck. He knows how that gets to me. He picks me up as I put my legs around his waist. He carries me to the bedroom while giving me wet kisses across my neck. I see my luggage standing in the hallway.

"I kind of predicted me dragging you here anyway", he smiles sheepishly.

"You dog", I say as he shuts my mouth by kissing me again.

Next morning

I wake up way too early. But Yixing wakes up with me. He wants to get ready for the show in time. And he takes a little while. I sit back on the bed and look around. His bedroom is of impeccable style. Like I expected of him. His sheets are satin and the rug on the floor feels so soft beneath my feet. I get up and look around. He has a lot of art work. And his whole apartment is kind of gold. It's like the sun. Maybe that's why they call this 'the empire of the sun'. He keeps everything neat. Except for his closet. It's a mess. This guy has to learn how to fold things up again after trying them on. I fold his clothes and put them back in their respective places.

"Ella?" he suddenly cries out.

"In here!" I shout back.

"You're folding my clothes?" he asks as he sits down beside me.

"Yeah. Your closet was a mess!" I smack his shoulder and he looks hurt.

"I never have the time to clean it out", he grins a little.

"You're a slob! I knew it!" I scream and he looks hurt for a while.

"You dare insult me?" he threatens and I get up to start running.

I run around his apartment but of course I lose in a matter of seconds because he knows it way better than me. It's his place anyways. He drags me with him and tickles me until I give up fighting. He smiles as he gets up again.

"We need to get ready. I have to show you something before going to the set", he throws some clothes at me.

It's some black trainers and a plain whit shirt. I put on my Vans and tie up my hair. I don't want to stick out too much. I don't want to distract him from his episode. And god knows where they'll be flying out to.

"You should put your suitcase in the car too. They'll probably fly us out somewhere for the week", he points at my suitcase.

"Okay!" I say as I pack everything up again.

I'm kind of excited to be going somewhere with these guys. I've watched a few episodes and they're so cool. Plus Yixing has so much respect for them. It's cool to be able to see them in real life.

"You'll have to go around back, I'm sorry", he seems very sorry.

"It's fine. I get it", I tell him as I'm lead to the backdoor of the building. Once I'm there someone drags me into a car and we leave. Yixing isn't in the car with me so I'm kind of worried of where they're taking me. Yixing told me he wanted to show me something before setting of to the set. We stop somewhere foreign to me, but everything here is.

I get out and I'm surrounded by beautiful lakes and trees. I think I read about it somewhere. It's too early for people to be already here so it's empty.

"Summer Palace", Yixing suddenly appears behind me and whispers into my ear. "I love it this early. No one's here so we don't have to worry."

I turn around as he embraces me. I lean into the hug and hear his heartbeat through is chest clothes. I could stand here all day. It's like a scene from a fairy tale.

"I love it here", I confess as he lifts my head.

"I love it too. Almost as much as I..." he stops mid-sentence. Was he really just going to go there? Why did he stop. He looks out in front of him and doesn't say anything anymore. I don't push him either.

Kind of disappointed I look back down at the ground as he lets go of me. I don't know what just happened. And I can't expect him to really say it already. But he did really just almost say it. He got my hopes up. I look back up after hearing him sigh. Suddenly he leans in and kisses me passionately. I know he's not ready to say it yet, but he wants to show me somehow. I break the kiss.

"We can still be seen here, you never know", I try to tell him but he drags me behind some trees where no one can see us.

He kisses me again while pressing me against a tree. It's kind of desperate but I go along with it. It worries me a bit that he's kissing me in public like this. What if we're found out?

He lets go after a little while and just looks at me with his kind eyes. They make my heart flutter. I just want to kiss him again but we have to get going. This time we take the same car. It doesn't matter if we arrive there in the same car because he could've picked me up at the hotel by now. The drive isn't silent. He talks on and on about his gege's. He loves them so much and wants me to love them too. They've put him through a lot but then again they always feel so bad afterwards.

We arrive at the airport once again. We get out of the car and join the large crew of 'Go Fighting'.

"Yixing!" I hear them yell at him as they come closer. It's really them. Huang Lei is leading them since he's the smartest one.

They speak in Chinese as Honglei eyes me. He walks over and starts in bad English.

"Who may you be?" he asks me.

"I live with EXO. I'm their Social Media representative. I need to make a little video of Yixing being here. I do the same with the rest of them", I say in my easiest English.

"Yixing!" he calls Yixing over. They start in Mandarin again. I kind of look annoyed by now.

"Let's just talk in English for now?" Yixing suggests and Honglei nods. So do the rest of them.

Show Luo is standing beside me. Taking me in.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"He smiles.

"Kind of?" I say as Yixing looks surprised but happy.

"Does Yixing know him?" Wang Xun starts.

"Yeah", I try not to blush like a fool.

"Oh! She's too cute! You guys must be such good friends! Since you're both precious!" Huang Bo starts.

We all laugh as we get on the plane. Yixing's hand brushes past mine a few times and it feels so good to be with him over here. This is 'Go Fighting', everyone.