Unexpected Evening

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

I fall asleep during the concert. I'm kind of ashamed that I did. I wanted to see them a second time as well, but somehow my body can't keep up with my mind. All it wants to do is sleep. And I think I know why. I'm kind of getting down from my cloud. It's all dawning on me. Earlier, when Hye grabbed my wrist and told me how she felt, I kind of felt the worst I've ever felt in my life. I know that she's had it tough too. And I feel very sorry for her. I don't know how all of this happened too. Yixing and I just naturally drifted towards each other. Maybe it was the sweater I was wearing, or maybe it was just because we felt a connection. But it's not like I planned all of this. Not at all. I thought I'd see them 2 times for the interview and some pictures, but instead we all became friends. And I love it, so much. They're the best group of friends you can ever think off. After all they've been through, they keep supporting each other. They're a real family. 

I wake up when they come back into the room. Did I really just sleep for 2 and a half hours? I can't believe it. They come in with such joy and excitement. And I'm lying there on the couch. I get up as fast as I can and fix my hair a little. Thank god, it's in a ponytail. 

"How was it?" I ask them. 

"AMAZING" Chen yells and they all clap their hands in agreement. 

"That crowd was so loud!" Kai jumps. 

"Can we go back out?" Chanyeol asks and they all smile. 

I love seeing them after a performance. They're always so fired up. The only one not talking is Yixing again. He's smiling and nodding, but there's no sound. I walk over and he pats on the sofa next to him. I sit down and he takes my wrists. They're still a bit red from where Hye grabbed me. They don't hurt as much now. 

"Are you really okay? Do you want to tell me what that was all about?" he asks me, concerned. 

"I'm okay. You don't need to worry about me. We were just having an argument..." I explain. 

"You have to tell me when something is wrong, okay?" he demands of me with such a sweet look in his eyes. 

"I promise you I will. There's nothing to worry about", I smile and he lets go. 

Other members must've seen what just went on but they chose to ignore it. I lay back in the sofa and stare at the ceiling. Yixing does the same. But he doesn't stare at the ceiling. He looks at me with a smile. When I look at him he looks away. He's doing that cuteness thing again and it's making my heart beat so much faster. 

"You're coming with us to the show tomorrow, huh?" Sehun asks me when he sits down beside me.

"Yeah, before I came here I went for a fitting! I'm kind of nervous..." I confess and he smiles at me. 

"I know how nervous I was that first time... Ugh, I thought I was going to puke! For real! Even now I still get very nervous..." 

"But you always seem so collected! And sassy", I joke. 

"Well, I am sassy, that's for sure!" he shoots back and we both laugh. 

It's so easy being with them. I don't feel so sleepy or down anymore. They always cheer me up so good. 

"Did we tell you that tonight is your welcome party?" Xiumin asks me.

"No! How?" I am so surprised they're actually going through with that! 

"Make sure you're ready by, let's say, 11ish!" Kyungsoo tells me with a softer look. 

"I'll make sure I am", I wink at him. 

Yixing's POV 

"Guys we need to talk", I tell them once we're alone again. 

"What's up?" Tao asks me, clearly concerned. 

"Yeah, man?" Chen comes over. 

"Today, Ella was kind of attacked by the girl who fixes our clothes. When I entered the room Hye was holding Ella's wrist violently. She even has red marks on them as we speak. I don't know if you've noticed..." I explain to them and their mouths drop. 

"I did see some redness on her wrist... But why did she do that?" Suho speaks up. "Ella couldn't have possibly done anything wrong..."

"I listened at the door for a bit before charging in... Hye said she's in love with me? And thinks Ella doesn't deserve to be here because she's not from here... She said some pretty insulting things to her. Ella tried to be good and walk away, but then the whole thing with the wrist happened..."

"I am going to find that girl and give her my piece of mind!" Kyungsoo gets up and walks over to the door. He has his I-am-going-to-kill-someone look on. 

Kai stops him and drags him back to the sofa. "That won't do Ella any good..." 

"We need to make sure nothing like this ever happens again!" Kyungsoo jumps up again, but Kai pulls him down again. 

"Let's keep an eye out, okay?" Baekhyun says and we all agree. "Is Amalia on her way here?"

"Yes she jumped on the first plane we could afford and will be here in a few. Mr. Kim is picking her up and dropping her off at our place. That'll make her day a little bit better!" I say. 

"YES!" Tao jumps up before Ella comes back into the room again. 

Ella's POV

When I come back into the room Tao is standing, but the rest of them are looking very serious. They all switch back to their usual selves and start to get up too. I think we're going home. We get into the vans again. I'm back in my original position and Yixing is actually holding my hands. They're so warm compared to mine. I'm almost sweating because he's so damn hot. I need to distract myself from him. This is not good. We arrive back at the dorms. I go get ready for my party, since it's already half past 10. I put on the best dress I have. It's a red/purple one with some lace in it. I love this one so much. I don't even bother putting on my heels anymore. Just ballerina's will do. 

When I get back to the living room they have already gathered. There are so many decorations. It's amazing to see. They did all of this for me? There are some drinks and food too. I sit down and they reveal a karaoke machine they rented. It even has some English songs on them! Not that I can't sing along to the Korean ones of course. We start the karaoke machine and get going. It's funny to see how even their songs are on there. We don't sing any of those because I'm sure they'll just win anyway. Instead I sing a lot of SNSD. Their songs are amazing after all. I know most of them by heart. We even do some SHINee ones and they love it so much. They're such good friends with those guys. 

After a while the drinks are empty and I go to the kitchen to get some water. Someone follows me to the kitchen and when I turn around I see it's Yixing. He looks adorable with his way too big hoodie on. And he's wearing my snapback, again. 

"Don't you think it's about time you gave that back?" I ask him, extending my hand to grab it. 

He grabs my hand instead and intertwines our fingers. 

"Nope, never giving this back. It reminds me too much of the first day we met", he smiles and pulls me closer. 

"What're you doing, Mr. Zhang Yixing?" I ask, in my serious voice. 

"I'm not doing anything, Miss Olson Ella", he winks as I'm getting really close now. 

"Do you know how much you make my head spin?" slips out of my mouth. 

"And do you know how fast you make my heart beat?" he asks in return. 

All playfulness is gone now. We're standing nose to nose. I can feel his breathing on my lips. I want to close the gap, more than anything. But it's no use. I can't make the first move. His other hand touches my cheek. 

"You're blushing", he tells me. 

"Yeah, I wonder why that is", I retort. 

He looks into my eyes. He doesn't say anything further. In the distance I can hear the karaoke machine chiming. They're being so loud, but it just seems so far away from me. Like I'm in a bubble of my own. I want to make sure this isn't a dream like the last one I had a few days ago. I want to make sure this is the real deal. I slip my hands around his neck and that's his cue. He pulls me as close as I can get and he kisses me. Full on my lips. At first it's kind of a sweet kiss. But that's gone as soon as it came. It turns into a very passionate one. His lips are so soft, but they're pressing hard against mine. I pull myself closer to him and he slips his tongue in. My head is getting very light and my heart is beating so loud. I can feel his too. His heartbeat is as fast as mine. Which reassures me. He doesn't pull away. He just keeps me closer and closer. I don't want this to end. His scent mixes in with mine. I think I'm about to faint when we both stop. Our foreheads are against each other and we breathe very heavily. I'm so out of breath from that kiss. His eyes are still closed, as if he wants to hold on to that moment. And that's when a smile appears on his lips. I smile too. 

"I've wanted to do that for a very long time now", he whispers in a very hoarse voice.

"I've wanted you to do that for a very long time now, too", I say back. 

I'm barely even audible, but so is he. We let go of each other a little so we can both get a better look at each other. I'm sure I look like a mess right now, but that's all his fault. Our hand are still holding onto each other. I giggle a little and he joins in. 

"We should get back, we have a surprise for you. And if we stay here any longer I'm going to kiss you again and then someone might even walk in on us", he smiles. 

"Yeah, we have to keep this thing on the down low for a while", I say back. 

"Not too long", he winks. 

We let go of each other and head back to the living room. I tell him I'm going to make a little stop at the bathroom. I need to fix how I look before I go out there again. As I thought. I look like a mess. I fix my hair by readjusting a pony tail. My make-up is okay. I fix my dress a little and I go back out. 

"We have something for you", Tao smiles. 

I follow them outside. There's a car waiting and Mr. Kim is standing next to it. 

"Am I supposed to go away at my own welcome party?" I ask them. 

"Open the door Mr. Kim!" Suho yells and then the door opens. 

Amalia steps outside. She looks like she rushed over here straight from her job, which is what I assume is what happened. I can't contain myself and run over to her. I hug her so tightly. I can't believe she's even here!

"OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE!" I yell at her. 

"LAY CALLED ME AND ASKED ME TO COME HERE TO CHEER YOU UP!" she yells back. 

Tears roll over my cheeks as I hug her once more. I'm so happy that she's here. This was really an unexpected evening.