Dorms

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

"Now, for your living arrangements..." The president starts. "I will arrange for them to pick up your stuff as soon as you are done packing."

"Wait, what?" I say, out of amazement.

"You will be staying here with the boys. That's the best solution. That way you're always here when you need to be. A room as been prepared on the other side of the dorms. You will have your own bathroom too. I understand that sharing with boys is difficult. For all of the other rooms, you'll have to share."

Everyone looks at each other. I am as confused as they are.

"I'll show you." The president takes us for a detour in the house.

My heels click against the floor tiles. I'm a bit taller now. I am above Kyungsoo at the moment. He doesn't seem to be liking it that much. He falls back a little so it isn't that obvious. Yixing is still beside me. I'm almost as tall as he is. I kind of like it. It makes me more leveled than before. I can really look him in the eyes now. He smiles at me every time I look at him. It's not like I want to look at him that much, but I seem to be doing it without noticing.

We arrive at a part of the house that clearly isn't used that much. The boys seems confused too.

"Did we always have this part of the house? I don't remember having it..." I hear Xiumin say behind me.

"It suits a beautiful girl like this one!" Chen says and ticks me on the shoulder. He gives me a suggestive smile and I blush a little.

That guy is a bias wrecker and I need to steer clear from him. He can't ruin this. I smile back at him and he steps aside as soon as he sees Yixing beside me. He holds up his hands to apologize. When I look over at Yixing I see a look I've never seen before. It's an annoyed one. He's never mad or annoyed. But now he definitely is.

I kind of smile to myself. I've never ever in my life seen a boy get annoyed over me of all people. It's a strange sight. But I like it in some way. It gives me some kind of confidence. I look over to Yixing again and he's smiling again. Like the person who was there a few second ago doesn't exist anymore. He's a complicated dude. I like him though. 

"I'll leave you be then. Miss Olson, you come back with me, okay? Your driver will bring you back here once you've finished packing your belongings", the presidents says and I go over to him. 

The boys see goodbye and I want to return as soon as I possibly can. I don't want to leave them alone for too long. Now that I can spend time with them I want to do it all the time. But I have to go pack up and move here. I'm hoping to get it all done in 2 hours time. That'll be enough. I don't have that much with me anyways. 

"That went well", he tells me in the car. 

"I hope it did", I respond with a smile. 

"Yixing reacted the way I hoped he would. He seemed very happy. You keep this up. But remember, don't take it too far", he warns me yet again. 

I know what taking it too far means. And there's no way in hell we're getting there. I have a contract. So does he. And unless we get the president's permission, there is to be nothing between us. He told me we could share a kiss here and there if that's what Yixing needs. But we can not go any further than that. That's the limit. And to be honest, it's as it should be. Because if I was to ever sleep with him, I'm not sure if I could untangle myself from him ever again. I'd want to stay in all the time just to be with him. I'd want to monopolize him. And that's not a good thing for his career. It's good these boundaries exist. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. 

The president drops me off at the hotel and I rush upstairs. I want to be done here as soon as possible. I will miss the spacious bathroom, that's for sure. And this room. It's the one Yixing came to visit me in when I was sick. When I wasn't okay. He came to nurse me here. It's something I'll never ever forget. One of my most precious memories. 

After a good hour I'm packed and ready to go. I call the driver and he tells me he'll be up in 15. He was taking a break and getting some food. He's bringing food back for me too. Thank goodness I have that guy. He's saved me a couple of times already. And now he's even bringing me food. And I don't even know his name. I feel kind of guilty. Then I remember I have his card with me somewhere. I dig it out of my wallet. It says: Kim Lee Yung. Nice name. But what should I call him from now on? I'm going to start with Mr. Kim. I can't do anything wrong with that, can I? 

15 minutes later he knocks on my door with food in his hands. We eat it in my room. It kind of feels empty without all my stuff lying around. I'm sure Mr. Kim notices it too. How clean it is in here now. I'm such a slob. 

"Let's get going", he tells me as he throws away the leftover food and grabs my bags. It's sad that I'm leaving this behind. But life in the dorms, I'm sure, will be very exciting too. I'll be with the funniest and nicest people on the planet. I won't be bored, like ever. They'll make sure of that. 

We go back to the car. He puts my stuff away and we drive off. It's probably the last time I'll see the hotel. Since it's too expensive to actually stay here on my own account. Who the hell could pay this for himself? Kpop stars of course. And their management. We are driving past some streets but I don't remember any of them. I'm just way too excited for this adventure to start. 

"Miss? Can I tell you something?" Mr. Kim suddenly asks me. 

"Yeah, of course you can!" I assure him. 

"You signed a contract, right?" 

"Yes, why do you ask?" 

"I want you to be careful with these guys. It's a very dangerous business. Those contracts literally almost kill people. I know you've already signed it. But still, the president isn't at all what he seems..." he explains to me.

I'm kind of taken aback with this confession. "I'm guessing you're saying this because you've experienced this first hand, didn't you?"

"Yes", he sighs. 

"Tell me."

"I signed a contract 5 years ago. They promised me a lot of things and a good wage was part of it. All I ever had to do was drive people around. After a while I was still not getting the pay I was promised. Then I found a loophole in my contract. Something about not having to pay me that much if I was just a driver. I tried to get out of it, but they wouldn't let me. My wife took my soon and ran away to the other side of the country. They left me because we couldn't live off this pay..."

I feel tears coming. This is truly a sad story. I wish I could help him fix it all. I appreciate him telling me this and warning me. It'll come in handy in the future. 

"Thank you for sharing. I wish I could do something. But I'll try to make sure this won't happen to me. Thanks for everything..." I tell him. 

"If you ever need anything, just call me, okay?" he asks of me. 

"I won't even hesitate." 

He smiles a little and then we arrive at the dorms. I step outside. One by one all ten of them come out and take one of my bags. It's amusing to see how much they take care of me already. Mr. Kim says goodbye to me for now and he drives off again. I walk inside, back to my side of the dorms. They're all waiting for me there. 

"We just put them in your room", Sehun points out. 

"That is very sweet of you boys", I wink at them. 

"Anything for you", Chen tries again. 

I feel myself blush again and in the corner of my eye I see Kai punching his arm. Telling him to not say those kind of things here, with everyone around. 

"Tomorrow we'll be hosting a welcome party for you!" Suho screams and I smile. 

The others all clap their hands. I'm so lucky to be here with these guys. 

"It'll be one heck of a partay!" Chanyeol adds. "I'm the DJ!" 

"I'll be the life of the party!" Baek then says. 

"I'll be sure to dance for you!" Kai screams. "Of course Lay can join in if he wants..." 

They stare at each other for one long moment. Most of the other members have no idea what he talking about. But I do. He's talking about the way we were dancing yesterday when he walked in on us. The way we almost kissed. Why, oh why, did Jongin have to be the one to see that? I don't get it. 

"We'll let you unpack. Dinner'll be on in a few hours so you have some time to adjust before being thrown before the lions!" Kyungsoo says with his devilish smile. I know what he means. 

They all leave me but one. Tao stays behind and doesn't say anything.

"Is something wrong, Tao?" I ask him. 

He lifts his head and says: "I'm just happy that we have someone with us again. It's been so empty here... With just us 10..."

He looks like he's going to cry.

"I know, I hope I can make it a little better. I'll never be able to replace them", I try to soothe him. 

"You kind of make me happy", he smiles. 

I melt for that kind of smile. Tao has that little girl thing going on. But he can be so hella cute sometimes. He melts me to the bone. 

"And so do you. You guys have made me happy for 3, almost 4, years now!" I tell him and his face lights up even more. 

I'm not just saying this, but seeing him smile makes me want to say even more. 

"I'll be going then..." Tao smiles again and he's gone.

That guy is going to break a lot of hearts one day. 

I start unpacking my clothes. One by one, they disappear inside a drawer and a closet. There's a lot of space for just me. They even made me a walk-in closet. Not that I need it. I can't even fill one side of it, let alone all 3 of them... I'm just dealing with my underwear when I hear the door open and close. I turn around and see Jondae standing there. 

"You have y things too!" he says and rushed over to look at my underwear. 

"Hey! Don't touch those!" I yank them away again and we start laughing. 

"Really, I'm happy you're here. But honestly. What's going on between you and our unicorn?" he asks me out of the blue. 

"I don't know yet... I'm trying to figure that out..." I confess. 

It's the first time I've really confessed about such a thing to anyone. 

"So you're not fair game anymore, huh? That . You're so pretty and smart. I guess I'm a little too late. That unicorn already made his move!" he jokes. 

"I'm sorry Jongdae. But if you have to know, you're kind of my number two bias..." I whisper. 

He flashes me a y smile and eyes me. 

"Good to know..." he says in a low voice as he leaves the closet space. 

This sure is going to be interesting. Life will never be ordinary here, in these dorms.