EXO Live

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

I catch up with them in the changing rooms of this place. It's huge here as well. And they have everything they need over here. I can see all the clothes hanging in their rooms. They need to change a lot. But they sure look hot in them. I know because I've seen it in pictures. Never ever live. Their costume designer commands them to try on every outfit one last time before they go on stage later tonight. That way she can see if it still fits. If there need to be any changes she can do it now. 

They all start stripping down and then they notice me still standing there. I put up my hands in defeat and I go away. I don't want to see them again today. It's been quite a ride this morning alone. I don't think my heart and brain can handle any more EXO dudes. I decide to check out the podium. It's my first time ever going to a EXO show. I only know the stage from pictures and it always seems amazing. I find my way there and step out. There's a lot of people working on the lighting and stuff, but they don't pay any attention to me. I take this as a perfect opportunity to take a picture while being on stage. A picture of the arena when it's empty. I take it, add some filters and post it on Twitter and Instagram. It has a caption too: 'What an empty arena looks like. Sure it'll look better when EXO-L's are filling it up!'. 

I decide to call Amalia again. I haven't spoken to her since I made my decision to stay here with the boys. 

"Hey gurl!" she greets me. God, do I miss her cheerfulness. 

"Hey babe! Do you want to know where I am?" I ask her. 

"Tell me!" 

"I'm at the arena where EXO is going to perform in a few hours! It's HUGE! Wanna see?" 

"YES! Turn on FaceTime!" she yells and I do as I'm told. 

"Those pictures don't lie! It does seem even bigger when it's empty..." she tells me and I smile. 

"Yeah it does. But it's kind of cool!" 

"Where are the boys?" she questions. 

"They're getting fitted right now. I ducked out before I was to face a EXO again..." I explain and then realize she doesn't even know of me living with them.

"WHAT?" 

I explain the whole situation to her and she seems to understand it pretty well.

"I wouldn't mind that", she suggests. "Can I come over some time?" she says with a suggestive smirk. 

I walk a little further along the catwalk and stand still to admire the scenery. 

"I don't know if they'll let you. Your boyfriend won't let you either..." I say with a playful smile. 

"You don't have to worry about that anymore. We broke up anyways..." she looks kind of sad. 

"When did this happen and why don't I know of this? And why?" I am shocked that she never told me. 

"A few days ago. I couldn't really tell you because you had all that stuff going on with that contract and all... I'm sorry I did tell you... And he cheated on me..." She's about to cry. 

I plug in my earpieces so no one else can hear. I'm sure a lot of people around here understand English well enough and I don't want to embarrass her even more. 

"I'm so sorry sweetie. I'm even more sorry that you felt like you couldn't tell me... Gosh, I wish I could give you a hug right now. It being so far away from you... And he's an ... Who could ever cheat on you. You're the most beautiful girl in the world. I'm going to kick his when I see him again! And you know that I will. I have a mean left..." I try to cheer her up. 

"You're the only one who can punch a guy knock-out on the first try! That was so funny! And I'm slowly getting over it. He's a jerk and doesn't deserve my time. I'll be over soon, so we can hug properly! You're the best best friend anyone could ever want!" she tells me with a weak smile. 

I wish that I could really hug her and hold her close like we always did when we had a heartbreak. But being halfway across the world doesn't make it better. It big time right now. I'd like to just be there for her. Be a friend to her. I sit down on stage and we talk a little longer. I want to make her happy again. She deserves this much. I still need to film the guys, but she's my priority right now. 

Yixing's POV

I am looking for Ella. She just vanished from the changing rooms when we were getting ready for fitting. I search high and low, but I can't find her anywhere. I even ask some of the workers where she is. One of them tells me he saw her on the stage last time he was there. Which was about half an hour ago. I rush over to see her. She's standing not too far away from me, but she has her back towards me. I want to surprise her, but she seems tense somehow. She's having a conversation of some sorts. But she has her earpieces in. I catch a glimpse of her phone and see she's on FaceTime with her friend. It's a very serious conversation. 

"I'm so sorry sweetie. I'm even more sorry that you felt like you couldn't tell me... Gosh, I wish I could give you a hug right now. It being so far away from you... And he's an ... Who could ever cheat on you. You're the most beautiful girl in the world. I'm going to kick his when I see him again! And you know that I will. I have a mean left..." she tells her friend. 

Wow, so her friend is in trouble? And Ella seems so worried about her too. And what does she mean with the fact that she has a mean left? I want to know badly, but I don't want to disturb them. I turn around again and go back. I'll talk to her later when she's done. 

 

Ella's POV

After about an hour of talking to Amalia we say goodbye. She seems happier somehow. And I'm happy that she's feeling better. I wish I could be with her, but some things are very hard to do. I make my way back to where I left my bag. I have to grab the camera and make some candid video's of the boys. They're going to do a general rehearsal too in half an hour. Just to make sure no accidents happen. They've been practicing for a very long time, but still. Tonight is the first time they're doing this show. Everything must be perfect. 

I find my bag in an empty dressing room. Everyone's gone but the girl who was fitting them earlier. 

"Do you know where the boys are?" I ask her and she looks up from the clothes. 

"Yeah, they're backstage right now. Getting ready for rehearsal", she tells me in an annoyed voice. 

"Thank you very much", I mumble and go back to the stage. I must've just missed them when I was walking back here. 

When I'm getting close I can hear them shouting and making fun of each other. I turn a corner and see them all standing there. They're ready to go on stage. I film them just teasing each other while getting closer. No one notices me when I'm filming. Then Suho notices me and comes over. 

"Leader Suho. What do you have to say to the EXO-L's?" I ask him and he smiles and waves at the camera. 

"We're going to put on a really good show tonight! We're going to make sure it's perfection right now!" he tells the camera with a big smile. 

"What are you going to do now?" I ask furthermore. 

"We're going to go through it one more time now!" 

Kai joins in: "We're going to daaaanceeee!" 

Then everyone notices me filming and they all try to get on tape. 

"Boys! Every one of you will get their chance! Just do whatever you want right now!" I scream and they all go back to teasing each other. 

I go over to Xiumin who's standing at the very edge of the boys. 

"How do you feel about tonight, Xiumin?" 

"I'm very happy to be back on stage!" he tells me and does an aegyo thingy. 

I move on to the rest of the guys before they go on stage. They're doing pretty well. I guess they're used to behaving in front of the camera by now. Then they go on stage and I film some little pieces of their performances. And how they're acting when nobody's around. The way they tease each other. Chanyeol grabs Suho's shoe and throws it off stage. I'm laughing so hard. Then he has to get it because Suho can be very convincing when it comes to his hyungs. I laugh even harder at seeing this. 

I decide to let them be now and go look for some food. It's been a while since I've eaten. And it's already 3 p.m. now. I find some warm pizza and gulp down some. I didn't even know I was that hungry to begin with. 

After an hour or so more they get off stage and they go back to the changing rooms. I film them some more when they're sweaty. They all want to speak to the camera again. It's really funny to see these guys when they're yelling for my attention. I swear, they turn into children just like that. Once we're back at the rooms they all want to grab a shower and they go one by one. They need to be presentable when they go on stage so. One by one they go over to the make-up artist too. I film them while getting their make-up done too. 

"Do you think you look pretty now, Sehun?" I ask him and he just looks at me. 

"I always look pretty, don't you think?" he smiles. 

"Isn't she doing a good job then?" I ask and he looks confused. 

"Of course she is! But she already has good material to work with, don't you?" he asks her and she just laughs. 

"Oh Sehun, you're conceited", she jokes and they laugh some more. 

I switch over to Tao and film him too. 

"Don't I look awesome? Didn't she do a good job, EXO-L's?" he asks the camera. "She's a very good make-up artist!" 

She blushes and proceeds to apply some eyeliner. 

We have a little conversation after that without the camera. They all like the way I'm trying to capture everything for the fans. They think it's very sweet. There's just one person I haven't spoken to all day. Just a little for the camera, but not too much. I search for Yixing and find him. I go over to him and sit down beside him on the couch. 

"So, Lay, how are preparations going so far?" I ask and he smiles a really sweet smile. 

"Hello everyone! I'm EXO's Lay! They've been great! I hope you enjoy the show!" he says to the camera. 

But I notice he isn't really talking to the camera at the end. He's trying to catch my eye. What's going on? I ask him some more questions and then wrap up the whole camera thing until they go on stage. 

"Are you okay?" he asks me when I put down the camera. 

"Why do you ask? I should be asking you, you're about to perform in front of thousands of fans!" I say. 

"It seems like something's bothering you lately..." he tells me and I try to figure out when I let my happy expression falter. 

"It's okay... It'll be anyway", I try to smile it off. 

He's not buying it and grab my hand in his. I'm taken aback by it and stare at it. 

"You can always tell me what's going on, okay?" he tells me while caressing my hand with his thumb. 

My heart is beating overtime. I look up into his eyes and he seems so sincere. I'd kiss him right here if it weren't for the other band members. And that's when we both realize they're watching us. We quickly let go. And laugh it off. 

"Time to go on stage!" Suho yells and they all get up and follow their leader. 

I film it all. They put their hands together and scream EXO Fighting on the count of three. I have it all on tape. Then they have to wait until the intro is done. They all storm on stage after waiting so long. This is the first time ever. The first time seeing EXO live.