China

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

I spend all day packing up my stuff to go on our trip to China. I'm very excited to be going to Yixing's home country. He's been talking about it non-stop for the past few days. It's very cute to see. I like seeing him like this. I also had to arrange lots of stuff because I won't be able to do them while I'm in China. I had to tell Big Bang I couldn't come for the next week or so. But they didn't mind. I pick up on the dances really quick and they're mostly going to rehearse anyways. I can do that in China too. 

Today's finally the day we're leaving. Yixing has been jumping around the dorms all day. He's so excited to go home. And he's taking me with him. But still, we can't tell anyone the real deal. I'll just be there on business. I roll my suitcase to the living room and wait for Yixing to finally join me. EXO is waiting for us. Our car to the airport is here already. We go over to the door and I hand out some hugs to the members. I'm going to miss them while being away. But I know they're in good hands with their leader. 

"Do you HAVE to go?" Tao cries out before I want to step into the car. 

"Yes, I'm really sorry... I know how much you want to come with us..." I tell him and give him one last hug. 

Ever since I told them I was going with Yixing to China, Tao has been sad. He's been such a good friend ever since I came here. But he wants to come too. He misses China as much as Yixing does, but doesn't have a show to film there so he can't come with us. He's been begging me to take him with. I had to make it clear that I'm not the one who gets to decide that sort of stuff. He's been down ever since. 

"Show her the good spots, okay?" he tells Yixing, who only nods with a smile. 

I'm kind of nervous to be going to China with Yixing. It'll be our first week alone since ... ever. I've never been this alone with him for so long. But I'm kind of looking forward to it too. This will be a huge test for us as a couple. 

We get into the car and wave one last time at the members before leaving. This is really happening! Yixing senses my discomfort and takes my hand in his. He gives it a light squeeze before giving me a kiss on the lips. We make sure the driver doesn't catch it. I'm always on edge that someone will see us and his career will be over. But he doesn't seem to care most of the time. Which annoys me because his career should be the most important thing there is. 

Once we get to the airport we see hundreds of fans are waiting for Yixing to arrive and take pictures of him. I guess that's where the airport pictures I see always come from. Dedicated fans and all. He gets out of the car and they start cheering. I come out of the other side and make sure not to be in his way at all. I don't want fans getting angry at me all over again. Yixing's stuff is placed on a cart and taken inside for him. I have to take mine myself. Yixing wants to call the guy back but I give him a stern look, telling him not to. Fans can make up pretty weird things from someone calling a staff member back to take the girl's bags too. I don't want that. It's called unnecessary attention. I don't want any of it. 

We go inside, separately.  We make sure not to talk too much. Yixing is taken away to another room for his check-in. I have to do mine the old fashioned way. Once that's out of the way I go to customs and they check me for illegal stuff. I hate when they do that. But luckily everything's over quick. It all goes smooth and I once again get to sit down. My feet are hurting from standing in lines for over an hour. I massage them a little and after half an hour Yixing joins me. 

"Where have you been?" I ask him and he smiles. 

"Idol privileges", he shrugs his shoulders. 

"I wish I had those too... My feet hurt like hell!" I confess and he reaches out to massage them. 

"Yixing, we're still in a public place. Fans can be anywhere..." I warn him and he looks around. 

It's like he doesn't think when he wants to touch me. I hope he doesn't get caught up in it too much. 

"We shouldn't even be talking like this..." I start to say. 

"Fine. We can board the plane already. There we can talk and I can properly touch you", he smiles cheekily. I love it when he's like this. 

He takes me to the plane and we get in. There's no one here yet but the stewards. They don't pay attention to us too much. They're still preparing the plane for the passengers. 

"Idol privileges?" I ask him and he nods. 

The stewards leave the plane for a little bit and Yixing turns to me. 

"Finally", he says before pressing his lips against mine. 

It always starts out gentle but then he deepens the kiss. I get lost in his taste and smell. Like I'm dreaming. He pulls me closer and puts his hand at the nape of my neck. I drown even more and feel like pudding in his hands. He knows what he does to me. When he lets go we're both out of breath.

"I've wanted to do that ever since we got to the airport..." he tells me while our foreheads rest against each other's. 

"You're being cheeky today", I chuckle. 

"It's because I'm taking you home", he confesses. 

I know how excited he is to show me where he's from. I've never been to China myself so it's all new to me. And he's the one to guide me through it. I'm even going with him to the 'Go Fighting' set with him. He told me he'll introduce me to his brothers. He admires them so much and they're so popular in China. It's amazing to see how much they love him there too. And his elders respect him and consider him to be one of theirs. 

"What are you most excited about?" he asks me. 

"To see where you're from. I know we won't be going to the village you were born, but still. I get to see in what kind of culture you grew up. What kind of values that shaped you into the man you are now. Into the guy I like", it slips my mouth. 

His face turns into a big smile. I just told him I liked him. I know we've been kind of dating and we did the deed. But I never really told him I liked him ever since. Of course he knows. But still. It's kind of weird to make this kind of confession on a plane. I want to say something else but he covers my mouth with his hand and says: "I like you too." 

I smile like a fool too. It's amazing to hear those words. I've never once felt insecure by Yixing's side. But it's always nice to hear that he likes me too. I can always tell in the way he act towards me. But hearing it makes it more real in some kind of way. I look at him with adoring eyes and he leans in to peck me on the lips again. 

Suddenly we hear a lot of noise. The other passengers are boarding too now. We'll have to keep our distance while they're on here too. It's agonizing since we're so close to each other but we can't touch or really talk about stuff like we usually do. I always love goofing around, but it's prohibited right now. I lean back into my chair and close my eyes. Yixing shifts in his seat against the window. It's just two seats so no one can come and sit next to me. But still. I'm happy that the company decided to put us together for out flight in first class. I kind of expected to be in the lower class. But it's nice to be here. 

We take off not too long after that. The stewards are explaining everything to us. I've seen it a million times already so I don't really listen to it anymore. I plug in my iPod and try to listen to some music. Immediately Super Junior starts playing. I never get tired of hearing them. Same goes for SHINee. They've been around for so long, but they still make amazing music. I concentrate on the music and I drift off in no time. I'm sure Yixing will be sleeping too soon, since he always sleeps whenever he has the chance. 

But he seems tired today. He's been practicing so hard for the comeback soon. He's been going at it harder than any of them because he has to go away for a week. I learned the dance too, behind his back, so he could practice with me while in China. But he's been putting in very late hours. He leaves first to practice and comes home last. Always in the middle of the night. I always feel him sneaking into my bed, pretending to be asleep so I don't worry him. But I am kind of worried. He's been doing so much, but he still has to look out for his waist injury. He tends to forget that, on purpose. But I don't want to see him going to the hospital any time soon. 

So I went to his physiotherapist  to learn some tricks I can do while being on this trip. I know Yixing has one over here too. But whenever he gets an ache I'm there to help as well and that makes me feel better. I can see he's in pain whenever he walks these days. I've gotten to know him pretty well and I know when something is off. I know him better than I know myself. And he knows me better than anyone I've ever known. 

"We will be landing soon", the stewards says and I wake up from my nap. Yixing hasn't heard so I wake him up. 

"Put on your seat belt. We'll be landing soon", I say while shaking him. 

He wakes up and does as told. He's still in a daze and doesn't question it. He shifts and lays his head on my shoulder. For a minute I want to keep him there but then I see some girls looking at us. I wake him up again. His head is up and he looks at me confused. I mouth to him that two girls our watching and he nods that he understands. 

We finally touch down in China. I try to look out the window to catch a glimpse, but there isn't much to see right now. We stand still and can finally leave the plane. Yixing takes me with him. Our bags are there fast and when we go outside he stops for a minute to inhale the air. It seems like he can finally breathe easily. Here we are, China.