Strange

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

We both turn around, very shocked. We look at the door and see Kai standing there. He just scared the out of me. I thought it was someone from the company. We would've been very much screwed if someone from the company had found us. We looked at each other and sighed.

"How much did you see?" Yixing asks him with his eyebrow up.

"Only the ending. But it was kind of amazing!" He cheers.

Ah, Kai has the most beautiful smile in the world that can make any heart stop beating. He flashed that smile and walks over to us. He sits down right in front of me.

"You, girl, have some talent hidden underneath those short shorts!" He yells and I get an angry look from Yixing.

I can tell what he's thinking. Something in the line of: 'I told you not to wear short shorts...'

"Thank you", I blush a little. I start looking at the ground again.

"There you go again! You always look at the ground!" Kai tells me and lifts up my chin. I can feel Yixing tensing up next to me. I know he's getting kind of annoyed because some other guy is touching me.

"I don't know why I do that around you guys. If it was someone else I wouldn't do it that much. I am usually very confident! But you make me insecure..." I confess while looking into his eyes. They are so alive, so much colour. In comparison to all of the other members. But I like the deep brown and kind of black eyes better. They have something mysterious in them.

"You don't have to be! You're a part of us now!" He tells me and lets go of me. I feel Yixing relax again next to me.

"What are you even doing here, Kai?" Yixing asks him.

They then switch to Korean. I don't get any of it, but I try not to bug them. There must be something really important if they are talking in Korean. Something I can't know about. And it's their right to do so. I am still a reporter after all. I can't blame them for not entirely trusting me.

"Seems like we have to cut this short again..." Yixing then says to me.

"Ah, it's nothing. Can I keep going while you're gone? I've really missed dancing..." I ask him, not even bothering with Kai.

"Yeah, you have it for another hour or so. Enjoy", he smiles.

I can die in peace now. Seeing his smile is like going to heaven (if you believe in that). He's my personal heaven. My angel. See, I'm turning into a teenager all over again!

They start walking off to the door again but then he turns around. "You go ahead, I'll be right there." He tells Kai and Kai goes on without him. He walks over to me.

"I'm very sorry I have to go..." He says as he looks kind of sad.

"Don't be sad Yixing. I like you more when you smile", I smile at him.

His frown turns upside down and he smiles again. He takes me in his arms and hugs me tight. I love his hugs. It's so comforting. It feels kind of like coming home. He squeezes a little more and then releases me. I look in his eyes and turn a little bold. I kiss him on the cheek and he turns red. It's the first time he has turned red in front of me. I kind of like this look on him.

"I'll see you later", he whispers and reluctantly turns around.

"Call or text me if you like", I say and he walks away for real this time.

I fall back on the floor when he walked out the door. I feel so excited and kind of depressed at once. What the hell is going on with me? I've been on an emotional roller coaster ever since I landed here in Korea. I get back up and put my iPod back in. I need to get this out of my system and what's better than BTS for these kind of things? I put on all of the Cyphers in the correct order. They always get me in the zone for dancing. 

After a full hour of dancing like my life depended on it, I finally leave the room. I lock it back up, I need to give the key back at the reception desk. I turn around, walk down the hallway and go back down with the elevator. I go straight for the desk and I want to get out of here as fast as I can. When I turn around I bump into someone. Something drops to the floor and I bend over to pick it up, since it's all my fault. When I get back up with the papers I look up and see this man with such a powerful aura. I recognize him from all of the pictures online. I immediately stiffen. 

"I'm so sorry! Mr. Lee Soo-Man!" I apologize. 

"It's nothing. I'm fine and so are my documents. Do you work here? I've never seen you here before..." he says and I can't believe he's standing right in front of me and even asking if I work here. 

"I don't work here, I'm here to interview EXO. I already did a part of our interview. The boys wanted me to see the office too and today they even wanted me to get some dance practice in for myself since I dance too... I'm very sorry if I'm intruding!" I explain.

His expression turns soft when he hears EXO's name. 

"You're the journalist from Europe, aren't you? Would you like to continue this conversation in my office?" he asks me and my jaw almost drops. 

"Ehm, yes. Okay..." I choke out. 

He motions me to follow his lead and he takes me up a few floors. He doesn't talk much, but then again, he is the boss of this all. He doesn't need to talk much. Not to a journalist from Europe. Not to anyone. He has no obligation to do so. He takes me past his secretary and into his office. There he pulls out a chair and I sit down. He sits down on the other side of his desk. His office is plain, but it shows so much power. There are a lot of pictures from now and from a few years back. I recognize Super Junior, SHINee, Girls Generation and many more. Even EXO is on there, though it seems like the picture was taken in their MAMA days. 

"Are you enjoying your stay here in Korea?" he asks me for starters. 

"Yes. It's so different from Europe, but I love Eastern countries so much. It's amazing to finally be here!" I tell him. This makes him smile a little. 

"And your stay here in Seoul has been good too?" 

"I ensure you, it has been. Your company has been very generous towards me. I thank you for that." 

"That's good to hear. So the boys have been taking care of you too?" he inquires. 

"Yes, they've made sure I felt comfortable. They even showed me a bit of Seoul the first day I got here. They have been perfect gentlemen for the interview too. You have taught them well", I praise him. 

"I'm very happy that you think of us and them that way. We have yet to catch a break over in Europe. I hope this article will help us a lot!" he says with a booming voice. 

"I am sure it will. And I am very happy to be contributing to this adventure!" 

"I also heard the boys have taken quite a liking to you?" he asks me out of the blue. 

I know where this is going and I don't like it that much. Yixing already got too much trouble for taking care of me. 

"I hope I can consider them as friends from now on. But I ensure you nothing has happened..." I defend myself. 

"I am sure nothing happened. But I can not deny the fact that our little Yixing has taken a special liking to you. He never takes a special liking to anyone. I'm sure he has informed you of the restrictions in his contract?" His eyes are business all over. 

"He has told me so. And that night he only came to me because I was very sick. It was only platonic..."

I kind of shiver from seeing his look. He doesn't seem mad or angry. He's just being the kind of boss he's legendary for. 

"You're staying for another week, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am. Why do you ask?"

"I want to extend that stay of yours. Since Yixing has taken a liking to you I want you to stay for a little while longer to keep him that way." 

My jaw drops. Did he just say that? Did he just say that he wants me to stay. I for sure thought he was going to send me away to keep Yixing from me. He did the exact opposite. 

"I have to talk this over with my boss. May I ask why?" I am kind of curious. 

"As you have noticed, last year has been a tough one for all of the boys. Yixing has been the most hurt over the leave of Kris and Luhan. Since they were close members over there in the Mandarin section of EXO. I've been looking for a way to cheer him up ever since. And since you've been here he's kind of returned to his former self. I want him to stay like that for a little longer. I'll even give you a paycheck if you'd like and your employer makes a fuss about this. I think it's better to sign a contract over this..." he says while grabbing his phone. 

A contract? Like, being employed here with S.M. Entertainment? Where is this coming from? 

He dials a number and speaks in Korean the whole time. Then he puts his phone down again and looks me in the eye. 

"If you do this, you can't tell him about this. You'll go with the boys wherever they go. I'll hire you as their multimedia person. You have to document things and send them over to the montage department for editing. So they can go on YouTube and the fans can be happy. That will be a good cover for you. You can even have a blog about the boys. We'll promote it and make sure it happens. You'll have to go by our rules, of course. What do you say?" He leans forwards and stares at me. 

I don't know what to make of this. He wants me to stay here and take care of Yixing while going everywhere the boys go. Even back to China for his shoots with 'Go Fighting'? I kind of like the idea of it. But I don't want to lie to him. But technically I won't be lying since I will be an employee for S.M. Entertainment and I will be doing a real job while being here. I have to inform Amalia and her father about this. But they'll be ecstatic. Amalia will miss me and will tell me to come visit, but she will grant me this. 

"I'll do it. When do I have to sign?" I tell him. 

He seems very pleased with himself and checks his agenda. 

"Tomorrow around 11 a.m.?" he asks me.

"Done." 

"I'm looking forward to working with you, Miss Olsen", he says while getting up and shaking my hand.

"Same goes for me, Mr. Lee." 

I walk out of his office and feel king of different. This is something else. But this is the way things are done around here. I need to keep my head held high and grab this opportunity with both hands. As I walk out of the building, I get in the car and go back to the hotel. I hope this will work out fine. This is a very strange situation to in.