Going out

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

After I take a bath I try calling my parents, but there's a huge time difference. And by the way. That bath was an amazing experience. The bathroom is big enough for all of the original EXO members. I try calling Amalia too. She eventually picks up after the millionth time.

"I go to sleep and you call? What the hell Ella!" she yells through the phone.

I smile at no one, just because I can always count on Amalia to be herself and take me down from cloud nine when needed.

"I'm sorry. I just got to the hotel and took a bath in the huge bathroom I have. I didn't have any time before this..." I explain to her.

"Where the hell have you been all this time? And send me a picture of that damned bathroom. You better not be having heaps of fun in that without me!"

"I've met EXO. They wanted to meet me before the actual interview and..."

"WHAT?" she interrupts me. "You MET them?"

"Yeah... That's why I didn't have any time!"

"Well, how was it??" she yells again.

"It was amazing!" I yell back.

"I want details!"

"Ehm, they were dancing when I got inside the practice studio. We talked for a while before Kai noticed my sweater and wanted to read the back. Thanks to you they all know my bias!"

"Wow, I'm proud of myself. Even I could not have predicted this outcome!" she says smugly.

"It was so not fun! Lay found out! And he smiled and was all cute at first. But then he was all intense and y. He even followed me when I left to steal my snapback!"

"I like where this is going!" I can almost see her eyeing me. I wish she was here.

"So that's when we all decided to go out tonight to explore Seoul tonight..."

"You're actually going out with all 10 of them at the same time? You !"

"Excuse me?" I laugh.

I know what she's saying. And I know she wants to be here to see it for herself.

"You know what I mean! Take lots of pictures!"

"I will!" I promise her.

"Let me know if any other interesting stuff happens in the meantime. But now I have to sleep. I need to get up in 3 hours. Some of us have to work you know!" she jokes and I understand.

"Sleep tight, Amalia!"

"Have lots of fun with Zhang Yixing. I hope you make lots of babies!"

She hangs up and I smile at the wall again. If anyone saw this they would think I'm crazy. I still need to get ready for the going out part of the night. I walk over to my suitcase. I hang up all the clothes I packed and I can't decide between a dress or jeans. It's so difficult. Maybe I should keep the dress for a more special occasion? You never know... I go for the black skinny jeans with some tears in them. I fit a nice shirt with some writing on it and put on my black all stars. I fix my hair and let it hang loose. It's gotten quite long over the months. It's halfway down my back. I'm going to dye it soon. I'm a natural blonde, but I was some extra color in it too. I want something bright for the summer.

There's a knock at the door and I run to get it. Maybe the driver forgot something? I open the door and there they all are. All 10 boys. Chen smiling like a fool and Suho in the front of the group. Lay is wearing my snapback and has a smug smile on his face.

"Can we come in? It's boring in the back!" Baekhyun yells.

"Oh! Yeah! Come in!" I make way for them to pass me by and go inside my room.

I'm very lucky I'm ready. If they'd come sooner I wouldn't have been ready to see them. Even my make-up is done. They all pass me and some sit down on the couch. The rest of them get chairs or sit on the ground. They look more at home in my room than me. But they're probably used to being in hotel rooms like this. When Lay walks by he winks at me and I swear, my heart melts and I'm like pudding. It's like he knows what he's doing to me. And he probably does, he's the devil himself. Correct that, Kyungsoo is the devil, Lay is nothing in comparison.

"Where do I sit down?" I ask them and they all look around for a spot.

"Oh, whatever. You can sit on my lap!" Chanyeol says and I turn red a little.

I swear, he looks at Lay while I decide what to do. Lay looks back with a vicious look and I smile inwardly. I find a little spot in the circle they're sitting in and sit down.

"I think this is fine", I wink at Chanyeol.

"I was really hoping you'd sit here. It's quite comfy, if I say so myself", he says and pouts. I smile at him.

"So what are the plans for tonight?" I ask them and they all look at Suho, typical.

"We're going to take you to all our favorite places in town to show you who we are!" Suho says and they all nod enthusiastically.

"Let's get going then?" I raise an eyebrow and they all start to get up.

"Do you like your room?" Kyungsoo asks me in immaculate English.

"Yeah! Never ever stayed in a room like this!" I answer him while he looks around.

"We stay in these kind of rooms all the time. They're not really special anymore... I wish they still were", Sehun tells me as he walks around.

"It's sad to hear that... But I really enjoy this room very much!" I say and then I get an idea. "Would you guys do something for me?"

"What do you want us to do?" Byun jumps up and I laugh.

"I promised my best friend to send her a picture, but I want to prove something!" I say.

A little while later they're all inside the bathroom. And they really fit. It's not even full yet. They stand there with confused looks on their faces. I explain it to them. They understand and all laugh. They go along and smile when I take the picture. I press send and I send it to Amalia. She'll probably see it when she gets up. I can't wait for her reaction to all of this. Best idea ever.

"Let's go!" Suho yells and we're off.

I walk at the back a little. They all form pairs and I'm the odd one out. Chen notices and falls back a little. He walks beside me and I take the opportunity to ask him some questions.

"How's life in a band with 9 other members?" I ask him and watch him closely.

"They're like brothers to me..." he answers and I have to fight some tears. Because I know what he's saying. It still hurts that Lu Han and Kris left them.

"So they're your family?"

"Pretty dysfunctional family huh?" he retorts and I laugh a little.

"But that doesn't take away the fact that you care about them!"

"Now let me ask you something! How's life in Europe? We've never been there before!" he asks me and I try to think of something significant to tell him.

"It's a bit more grim than Korea. I don't know how to put it, but we're more individualistic than you are. We keep to ourselves. But there's so much history everywhere you look. Sometimes when I walk around I feel like I'm traveling back in time. I always imagine the people who walked there before me..." I try to explain to him.

"You really have the power to get something across, huh? I get why you're a journalist", he winks and then Lay falls back too.

"What are you guys talking about?" he asks us and watches me.

"About Europe and why Ella is a good reporter!" Chen tells Lay and I see him watching me even more closely.

"Chen's exaggerating..."

"I bet he's not..." Lay whispers and all the hairs at the back of my neck stand up.

"I'll let you guys chat for a bit", Chen says and he walks a little faster.

"Tell me something", Lay says and walks a little closer.

"When am I going to get my snapback back?" I ask.

"When I feel like it", he says while looking forward.

"Why did you even take it in the first place?"

"I don't know. I felt like doing it and you seem interesting to tease", he winks and smiles.

"Oh, you're teasing me?"

"Yeah!"

"Why?"

"I told you why, you're interesting..." He slides in a little closer. "You intrigue me."

I almost lose it right there. Lay telling me this is too much. My heart is beating like a jungle drum and I'm sweating like a maniac...

"You're not wearing my sweater", he states.

"No, that attracted enough attention as it is..."

"I kind of liked it." And he smiles cutely.

He can go from y as hell to cute so fast.

"My best friend got it for me. As a parting gift", I tell him, not knowing why.

"You have a good best friend. Tell me more about that. How did you meet?"

"Well, she's my boss' daughter. We met after we both graduated from the same university and went to work there. Since then we're inseparable. We even live together. But I had to leave for this. She set me up to come here. She told her dad how much I loved Kpop and EXO..."

He laughs a little while he listens. He's really attentive and is really listening to what I'm saying. It's refreshing.

"Seems like you're really good friends!" he says and squints his eyes a little like he does in all the pictures when he smiles.

"Yeah, she's the best. Kind of like the sister I never had. Like you have with the boys!"

"Yeah, they're my own little family." He looks at them with an adoring look.

I touch his arm without noticing. "I'm glad to see that you guys are really like I always imagined you to me."

He looks at my hand and smiles. "I'm glad we're living up to your expectations."

The rest of the boys turn around and see my hand on his arm. I pull back and they all smile slyly at Lay and me.

I turn as red as a tomato and look away. Tao comes over and pulls me with him. I really need to get away from the attention .

"Do you hate being in the center of attention?" he asks me and I nod. "I just had to save you from their stares. They can be annoying as ."

"I just don't like being watched. And it's like they know exactly when to turn around!" I tell him and he smiles.

"Yeah, that's just the way they are!" he laughs and everyone starts walking again.

Byun is pulling Lay with him and obviously teasing him about what just happened. Kyungsoo keeps staring at me with his devilish smile. I just think to myself: 'You're very lucky to be here in the first place.'

Tao joins the others again and I fall back again. I want to be alone for a little while. Just watch them and get to know who they are through the way they interact with each other. They all tease each other and when they're together they all talk Korean or Chinese. But since Tao and Lay are the only Chinese ones left they usually talk Korean too. Lay is a little better at Korean than Tao. But he still needs a lot of help. It's cute to see how he's always asking something or pronouncing something in a wrong way.

I know a little Korean, not enough to understand them, but enough to get by sometimes. I don't even dare to talk to them in Korean. I'm scared I'll embarrass myself. They're all really good guys. But in the end they're still that: guys.