Signed, sealed, delivered

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

They drop me off at the hotel again. I have made up my mind. Seeing the guys I know I want to stay with them. I want to be around them. In every way I can. They already see me as a good friend. I just love them so much. I feel a deep need to do this not only for me, but for them too. They seem so happy now. I still don't believe it's my fault they're happy, but I'd like to believe I play some part in their happiness. And they play a huge part in mine. They are my everything. And I don't have a lot of things to go back to in my country. I have my family and best friend. And of course my job. But another job has been provided for me over here too. Amalia can come visit and so can my parents. This is a chance of a lifetime. I will never get another opportunity like this, ever again. 

I smile as I walk back into my room. Staying in a foreign country with these weird boys makes me happy somehow. When did I transform into this person? I smile even more when I think about announcing the news to them. They'll be so excited for me. I'm sure of it. And I can go with them, wherever they go. At least, wherever Yixing goes. And that's enough for me. To be around him some more. Even if this can't happen. 

I pick up my phone and dial Amalia's number. 

"Hello stranger!" she picks up at the first ring. 

"Hey, babe!" 

"Whattup?" she asks me. 

"I have to talk to you about something major. You have to know I've already made up my mind. But I still want to ask you something..." 

"YES! I will be your maid of honor when you marry Lay!" she screams. 

"Wow, hold your horses, sister. I'm not marrying him. Hell, we haven't even done anything!" I shoot back at her. 

"Okay... Then what is it?" she asks me with a deep sigh. 

I tell her the whole story and how I made up my mind. She just hums the whole time and doesn't say a thing. I wonder if she's okay. If she approves of me doing this. But I already told her I've made up my mind...

"Amalia?" I ask nervously. 

"I'm so happy you get this chance! Damn, am I going to miss you! But we can Skype and call all the time! I can come over sometime! Dad still has those air miles he has to consummate! But are you sure? You'll kind of be lying to him... I don't want this to blow up in your face when I'm not there..." she expresses her concern. 

"I know. But I have to do this. I have to go for it. I won't forgive myself if I don't..." 

"Okay, then I'll support you all the way! I'll let dad know. Maybe you can work as a freelancer from over there? If they let you... But are you okay with working in that company?" 

"For them, I'd be okay with walking through fire..." 

"That's my girl!" 

I hear a beep on my phone and turn to look at it. It's another incoming call. 

"I have to go! I have another incoming call! I love you and I'll call you tomorrow!" I tell her. 

"I love you too babe!" she yells just before I push the red telephone. 

I pick up the next call without even looking at who's calling me. 

"Helloooo" I say. 

"Well, hello there!" I hear a familiar voice say. 

"Yixing! It's late! Why are you calling me at this hour? Isn't it kind of inappropriate?" I joke. 

"Oh, that's right! I'll put down the phone then! I'll see you tomorrow!" he says and I yell at him to not put down the phone. 

"I was kidding!" I yell and he chuckles. 

"I know. I'm gullible but I'm not stupid, you know?" he jokes. I can almost see him smile. 

"Ugh, it seems I am!" I exclaim and he laughs even more. 

"I wanted to hear your voice... We didn't have much time to talk during our dance and later on in the restaurant..." he sighs. 

"I know. But it's okay. I'm not going home yet. We still have time to chat", I hint. 

"What are you doing tomorrow?" he suddenly asks me. 

"I have to do some business stuff around here, why?" I shoot back. 

"The president has some announcement to make. He'll be coming by our dorms... I was just wondering if you'd like to come by too?" he asks me. "Only if you're done with the business stuff!" 

"I'd love to. As soon as I'm done I'll be there! Send me the address when you like!" I almost cry of happiness. 

"I'll be going now. Get some sleep and take care of yourself." I like how he's worried about everyone's health but his own. 

"Only if you take care of yourself too..." I sigh. 

"I will, for you", he whispers and then disconnects. 

This guy is seriously messing with both my heart and my mind... 

The next morning: 

I get up really early. I'm way too nervous to meet with the president again. He's so intimidating... I put on my best dress and some heels. I haven't worn these kind of clothes in days now. I'm so used to wearing them to work everyday. But here I hardly use them. I put on heavy make-up and pin up my long hair. It's time to face the music and become one with EXO. I have some EXO playing in the background to keep me focused. They give me courage. 

"Miss, it's time to go or you'll be late..." my driver tells me through the door. 

"I'm coming!" I yell. 

I hurry towards the door and stumble out. What a way to start off the day. He guides me towards the car once again and drives me down the familiar road. I've seen this so many times before. Today it will all change. I'll be a part of EXO. I'll be one with them. I can't express how amazing this feels! 

The driver stops in front of the building and I step out. I just hope none of EXO is here to spot me before I come to the dorms. Yixing texted me the address as soon as he'd put down the phone. I am going to text him I'm coming as soon as the president and I go there. 

I walk inside and go up to the front desk. The lady seems to know why I'm here and guides me to his office. He knocks on the door and he tells her something in Korean. I assume it's something like: 'come in'. We go inside and she leaves me with him. 

"Good morning Miss Olson", he says with a grin. "I take it you're taking the job?" 

"I am." 

"Good. I have an English translator and lawyer in the room next to this one. If you'll follow me..." he gestures for me to follow him. 

There are two people in the room I just entered. And it seems to be legit. They greet me in English and I sit down with them. We go over the contract a few times until I'm sure everything's in order. I did some law school too so I know what to look for. It seems to be all in order. 

"Are you ready to sign?" he smiles. 

"Yes." 

He gives me the papers and I sign everywhere I need to sign. I am kind of nervous because I'm going to meet the boys soon and I'm scared to see their faces. Will they like this? I know I like it, but will they? So many things to think about, to consider. But it's too late now. I've signed the damn thing. Now my new life starts. 

"Okay, let's go then..." the president says and ushers me to follow him to the exit. 

We go through a lot of hallways and I don't remember any of them. It's somewhere I've never been before. And before I realize it, we're at the back of the building (I suppose it's the back because there's no street there). There's a black SUV parked outside and we get it. It the kind that have bulletproof doors and windows. Man, this man must get a lot of death threats. On a daily basis? Because they take this security very serious. I'm kind of glad that I don't have to go through the front gates again. Maybe I'll run into someone from EXO. Even though they should be at their dorms. 

"We'll be going towards the dorms now. I'll go in first. Then you can come and surprise them. One of my guys will come and get you when it's time for you to come in. Until then you stay in the car at all costs", he explains to me and all I can do is nod yes. I'm petrified right now. But kind of excited for all of this to go down. I still have to text Yixing that I'm coming over! 

'I'm on my way over now. Business ended early...' I send him. 

Suddenly I get a call. It's from Lay. Concerned I pick up. 

"Hey, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait for a while. The president is on his way to make the announcement. But you can come in after that... I'm really sorry..." he tells me. 

"It's okay. I get it! I'll come in as soon as he leaves!" I tell him and the president looks up, curious as to what this conversation is about. 

"I'll see you in a bit," he softly says. 

"Can't wait." 

He puts down his phone and I do too. I still smile at my phone like a little kid. The president is still looking at me with a curious face. I don't plan on telling him anything about the conversation. 

We finally arrive at the dorms. I'm kind of surprised this is the building. It seems so ordinary. Like all of the others. But then again, I think that's what they were going for... They even have neighbors.  Probably had to sign a confidentiality contract before they moved in. I look around and see no other cars then ours. 

"I'll be going in then", he says as he opens the door and vanishes into the house. 

I stay put. I want to do something, but he clearly told me not to move from my spot. I want to go in already and see their faces, but it's too soon. I look out the window some more. Someone calls me again. My phone states it's my mother. 

"Hey, mom!" I tell her and she just cries out something incomprehensible. "Mom?" 

"You're staying there?" she cries out again. 

"Mom, I wanted to tell you sooner. But I got a job offer over here..." I say and she just cries some more. 

I see the guy from the president approaching the car. "Mom, I really need to go. I have work to do. I'll call you after I'm done okay? I promise. I love you." 

"I love you tooooohooohoo" she cries some more and I put down the phone. 

"You can follow me", the guy in the suit tells me. 

I do as I'm told and he takes me inside the house. It's kind of nice. It has lots of spacious rooms. And it's way bigger than I would've expected from the outside. He takes me into the common room. There's no one here yet. He gestures for me to sit down and wait until they get here. 

I hear noises in the distance. I hear the voice of the president booming through the house. They're getting closer because his voice is getting louder. He's talking in Korean so I don't understand of what he's saying. I'm going to have to learn Korean while I'm here. Suddenly he walks into the room and switches to English. I'm behind the president so I don't see any of the boys and neither do they see me. 

"Boys, this is your new co-worker. She will be handling all your online stuff except for your Instagram accounts and your Weibo ones. She will be writing a blog on being on the road with you guys and will make vlogs for YouTube. So you can be more in touch with your fans. Boys, please welcome the lovely Ella Olson."

He steps out in front of me and they all gasp at the sound of my name and the sight of me. They're just standing there, mouth wide open. Tao and Chen immediately come at me and hug me. They congratulate me on my job. I smile a little and everyone, one by one, comes over. Last but not least is Yixing. I think he did it on purpose so no one could listen. 

He hugs me and whispers: "Are you sure about this? You know what these contracts are like..." 

"I'd do anything for you... And besides, it's too late already. It's signed, sealed, delivered. I'm yours", I say as a reference to the song. 

He smiles and hugs me even tighter.